Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

UncannyGarlic said:
Crni Vuk said:
My combat skills improve naturaly. Even destruction was rather easy. Call me a cheater if you want. I dont care. But I am not going to spend hours of hours just to get to the "end game" to speak so. Its not an MMO its a damn single player game. Grinding should be left to online games.
Grinding should be left out of all games.
I don't know. I think if done well it can be a part of a good game. Some online games get their meat only out of that where you go trough "hard" parts to get the "good" one. Otherwise it would not feel like a win or reward. Obviously the grind has to be fun somehow. If it is only always a repetitive pattern which you perform a few 1000 times ... then they can keep their games. I am playing games as distraction and for fun. Not to have a second job. Hence why I don't like it in single player games. This was not so much an issue in Morrowind for me though since you had guilds and would progress naturally. But in Oblivion and Skyrim ? The more they dumbed down the system the "worse" this skill system has become. It became clear that the game play would favour certain builds while ignoring or at least handicap others. Skyrim is still very playable. But I think the progress should have been done better. Take the illusion skills. Unless you really grind them they become most of the time useless as the enemies you face will be of a higher level.

So, 82 hours into Skyrim and I'm out of stuff to do, I've started playing Morrowind again with the Tamriel Rebuilt mod, maybe I'll actually be able to finish it this time :mrgreen:

I am glad I read this before buying Skyrim for the PS3. It's interesting, it has been almost 4 years since the release of Fallout 3 and bethesda hasn't done a single move to solve this problem, not to mention that they now have a "all new engine" for Skyrim. Wonderful! It was obviously written from scratch, no doubt there! :roll:

I've been lucky. I haven't encountered any serious problems yet. I'm got a level 52 character and a save file of 14MB. It gets a little choppy if I've been playing a long session but quitting out and restarting always fixes that.

Of course, having said that, I'm now going to suffer horribly the next time I play...

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Updated 12/6: While the 1.2 update fixed the long-term play issues for most PS3 users, we are aware that is not the case for some. We’ve been reaching out to a number of those users to collect save games, so we can take a look at their specific issues. Right now we know it’s not one thing, but a combination of smaller ones that some folks are seeing, but others are not. Some seem to be the PS3 autosaving in the background (you can turn that off), some may be SPU AI updates, and some may relate to dynamic system memory allocation. These fixes are not in the current 1.3 update that is in final testing, but will be in future ones. We understand how frustrating it can be when your game is having issues, and we thank all of you for your continued feedback and patience. Rest assured we take your gameplay experience seriously and will continue working on this until it’s resolved.

Translation from another forum:

Updated 12/6: While the 1.2 update temporarily hid the long-term play issues for some PS3 users, we are aware our game runs poorly for most. Right now we know it’s not one thing because there are many issues with our game. These fixes are not in the current 1.3 update that is in final testing (the one to fix the issues caused by patch 1.2), but will be in future patches released months down the road. We understand how frustrating it can be when your game is having issues, but thanks for your money. Rest assured we take your gameplay experience seriously and will continue to count our GotY awards until the issue is forgotten.

God, do I hate bethesda! And I am not nitpicking here, it's just pretty damn obvious that these guys are assholes.

oh, but they're rushing the CK to be released so that modders can fix their game. who needs patches? :roll:

Black said:
How... appropriate that a "girl gamer" is more right about skyrim than professional video game critics and "I LIKE IT SO IT'S AUTOMATICALLY GOOD" retards.

Who is this chick? And what is she trying to tell me? Sex and gaming go hand in hand...

thumb.php

Her "Top 10 Favorite Games" are meh...

1. Uncharted 2
2. BioShock
3. God of War
4. Fatal Frame
5. Silent Hill 2
6. Eternal Darkness
7. Dragon age: Origins
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Sunshine
10. Conker’s Bad Fur Day

Black said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpV6t3-uhuE

How... appropriate that a "girl gamer" is more right about skyrim than professional video game critics and "I LIKE IT SO IT'S AUTOMATICALLY GOOD" retards.

Wow, she did make a lot of sense there. I felt very much the same about the game except my enjoyment of it wore off by now. Nice of her to review it like this, if she keeps making sense she might not even need to shove her tits in viewers faces anymore.

.Pixote. said:

Hey now, Silent Hill 2 is awesome.

Black said:
.Pixote. said:
Who is this chick?
No idea, except she knows that liking something doesn't mean it's good.
which in itself is pretty intelligent to say that.

I mean one can like something and still be critical about it. I wish more gamers would have that kind of sense. Might have avoided crap like Oblivion. Imagine Oblivion would have been like Skyrim. Then Skyrim now would be even much better and we would have a "real" good open-world-RPG. And not a game which requires "addiction" to be played - I think that really well describes the kind of games Bethesda is making. You don't play them because you "want" to play them but because you have the feeling you "have" to. Somewhat like those F2P games where you hate grinding. Yet you always come back ...

Still havent bought this. Im kinda sceptical... Fallout without the guns ?

Or is it totally different and so good I should just buy it right now?

it's not Fallout without guns. it's barely an rpg, but rather a pretty damn entertaining exploration adventure/dungeon crawler. if you're into that, get it. if not, don't.

.Pixote. said:
Who is this chick? And what is she trying to tell me? Sex and gaming go hand in hand...

thumb.php

She has very manly face. and that list sucks.....

Back