Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polynikes said:
@Killap: That is indeed strange that changing the value had no difference, and that you couldn't reproduce the bug with Sulik's sister. I'll try again, maybe re-try killing all the slavers. It might just be a video glitch or something b/c of using a VM. Thanks for the feedback.

Oh, another thing, it appears mouse wheel inventory scrolling is no longer working after installing that Win95/98/ME patch.

Ugh, I am retarded. So, I believe I found the problem. Please redownload the file. I fogot to do one more step. Things are different when working with Windows 9x...

download

The answer is probably gonna make me feel really stupid... But how do I repair the well after installing the rope?

I had the bucket with me for the past 10 levels and (finally) finished all the quests (took me a while for the weapons). The guy told me he needed a rope with the bucket, so I "used on" the rope on the well.

But I have no idea what to do with the bucket =/ there isnt any action that can be done with it, when using the well it doesnt install the bucket, I can't install a second rope (in case the well needed more...) and using my repair skill on the well simply says "you cannot repair that". Talking to the guy simply makes him tell me to install the bucket...

Am I missing something obvious?

Edit : Dammit, I knew the answer would make me feel stupid... I suddenly realized I never tried right-clicking and going to the backpack then clicking on the bucket...

Has anyone had problems with the Tor/Dunton Brothers quest?

When I had only downloaded the patch (not the Mod), you could get a quest from the Dunton Brothers while guarding Tor's Brahmin, but now like the unpatched Fallout 2 they no longer give this quest.

The Dutch Ghost said:

When I had only downloaded the patch (not the Mod), you could get a quest from the Dunton Brothers while guarding Tor's Brahmin, but now like the unpatched Fallout 2 they no longer give this quest.

If you have too high town reputation, the only way to get their quest is to beat one of them in armwrestling at the Golden Gecko.

Actually it depends on which quest you are thinking of, "rustle the brahmin" or "find out who's rustling the brahmin". I was refering to the former.

Is there any way to fix the disappearing Sulik bug? He wouldn't even show up when I brought his sister back to the tribe. I'd be happy just to get the car upgrade he was carrying back.

The Dutch Ghost said:

Actually, that was pulled from my patch. It was originally an unimplemented feature from the devs which I expanded upon and included in older releases of my patch. I then pulled it from my patch, added more to it, and then put it in the expansion. The patch is only for bug fixes, so this addition did not belong.

I am looking into the Sulik disappear issue. I don't have any answers at the moment.

The cavern under Broken is bug-infested!

When we are down there, it's very easy to get crash or freeze: Sulik pull out a SMG? Freeze! Cassidy run to somewhere? crash!

I dont know whether that's because of my machine or because of the mod. Anyone else check this place out yet?

FYI: I am on Windows XP, Fallout Humungous, Restore Pack (all option), Appearance mod.

laclongquan said:
The cavern under Broken is bug-infested!

When we are down there, it's very easy to get crash or freeze: Sulik pull out a SMG? Freeze! Cassidy run to somewhere? crash!

I dont know whether that's because of my machine or because of the mod. Anyone else check this place out yet?

FYI: I am on Windows XP, Fallout Humungous, Restore Pack (all option), Appearance mod.
Could you provide me a save game? Are you using my installer that included the ammo mod and FO1 sounds? If so, uninstall it and reinstall with out them.

killap said:
Ugh, I am retarded. So, I believe I found the problem. Please redownload the file. I fogot to do one more step. Things are different when working with Windows 9x...

download
That did it, it's much slower now, a little too slow for my tastes, but increasing the number made it faster.

There is one weird thing I'm noticing now, though. I restarted with a fresh install of the latest exe you had for the mod, but didn't install your previous Win95/98/ME patch. I did encounter the horrigan encounter this time, and everything was going fine. Now that I've installed this new patch, no matter what I do, no matter which save game I load, almost immediately upon traveling on the world map I have the first Kaga encounter. (I'd had none previously.) I have save games from when I'd barely been in Klamath to save games that are literally weeks (maybe months) later in game time, and no matter which I load it goes straight to that encounter. It's not a problem for me, but I just thought I'd point it out, as it was a bit strange.

Is there anything else this patch is meant to do specifically for Win95/98/ME users that I should check on for you?

Polynikes said:
Now that I've installed this new patch, no matter what I do, no matter which save game I load, almost immediately upon traveling on the world map I have the first Kaga encounter. (I'd had none previously.) I have save games from when I'd barely been in Klamath to save games that are literally weeks (maybe months) later in game time, and no matter which I load it goes straight to that encounter. It's not a problem for me, but I just thought I'd point it out, as it was a bit strange.
That's what I'd expect. If sfall wasn't changing your map speed then it wasn't adding the extra script functions either, and the Kaga encounters use force_encounter. Now that it's working again, you should get any queued up encounters the first time you try moving on the world map.

Timeslip said:
Polynikes said:
Now that I've installed this new patch, no matter what I do, no matter which save game I load, almost immediately upon traveling on the world map I have the first Kaga encounter. (I'd had none previously.) I have save games from when I'd barely been in Klamath to save games that are literally weeks (maybe months) later in game time, and no matter which I load it goes straight to that encounter. It's not a problem for me, but I just thought I'd point it out, as it was a bit strange.
That's what I'd expect. If sfall wasn't changing your map speed then it wasn't adding the extra script functions either, and the Kaga encounters use force_encounter. Now that it's working again, you should get any queued up encounters the first time you try moving on the world map.
====> wooo, time to try again ^^

Timeslip said:
So, I might end up having two or three scripted encounters in a row, like for example if I don't kill Kaga? This should be fun. :)

br13 said:
<snip>
When I talked to Lara, however, she did not transport us to Tyler. She used her text for when you meet her for the very first time, offering me some cash if I tell her what is stored in the church.
<snip>
I thought that I'd mention that I'm having the same issue. However, this problem occurred without any reloading between the first and second battles.

It's a nice infinite money cheat, though. :)

I've made much progress through all the bug reports sent. Many issues have been squashed, even ones that I knew about (and was unable to fix) at the time of release.

I haven't gotten through all the reports, but I hope to do so by the end of Friday. Expect a patch released sometime Saturday. Many of these fixes are only going to take effect if you have not been to the map yet. The EPA is one such example. Thus, if you haven't made your way to the EPA yet, or haven't done too much there, I suggest holding off until the patch. All the others fixes should take effect just fine. No game restart is required, but as always if you are just starting, haven't made much progress, or don't care about starting over, I would suggest starting a new game. Again, it is not required.

I also realized that I left out of New Reno the new NPC, Nikki. I have no idea how this happened but for some reason the map I included in the expansion was one that I used in the patch and thus did not include the new content... This NPC is back but the problem is that you won't notice her unless you are entering New Reno Second Street for the first time. Thus this fix is like the EPA one which will only work if you never visited the area yet.

In addition, I appologize to everyone about the bugs. Issues are to be expected (I suppose), but I know how much you guys hate bugs when playing a game - it ruins things. I'm not perfect and thus like with my unofficial patch it will take me some time to squash all the issues. There *will* be a point when you can experience Fallout 2 in all its glory. I do at least hope you all are enjoying the mod. Honestly the amount of time I spent on it is pretty alarming (and many of the things which may seem minor actually took a lot of time), but I do it for fun, so it doesn't bother me too much.

killap said:
In addition, I appologize to everyone about the bugs. Issues are to be expected (I suppose), but I know how much you guys hate bugs when playing a game - it ruins things. I'm not perfect and thus like with my unofficial patch it will take me some time to squash all the issues. There *will* be a point when you can experience Fallout 2 in all its glory. I do at least hope you all are enjoying the mod. Honestly the amount of time I spent on it is pretty alarming (and many of the things which may seem minor actually took a lot of time), but I do it for fun, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Don't worry about it. You should think the first release as an open beta test for us :) and if there are people that really can't stand the bugs, they should wait for a more stable version. No need for you to appologize. We all should be lucky that you're doing all this work in the first place!

Again, my congrats for all what you did for all of us. Even if it isn't working for everyone yet, you can be proud that the majority of the gamers should now be able to play that game like it was planned from the very beginning.

Question: did someone try to play "FO2 restored" on Vista? I'm interested since it may be possible I'll get a clue to solve my own problem running it on Windows Server 2003 (attention tough, they do not share the same kernell... at all!).

In the meantime, I'm trying to make my Fallout game working on a VMWare Windows XP. It installs and starts... thats for the good news... but the mouse ingame is going crazy and there is a bug concerning colors of the game (since it's VM who is running in 256 colors and not Win2003, I suspect a problem there...)

EDIT: mouse sensitivity problem resolved with ddraw.ini file, thanks a lot! Remaining the possible 256 bit-color problem, more testing...
EDIT 2: I managed to start a new game and now being in klamath, nothing anymore to report, I consider the case solved...

Hello. first of all I would like to thank you for your work. It looks very good but I am afraid I won't be able to give you a good feedback for the moment.

In Arroyo everything is alright but after I left the game crash when (I think) I make my first random encounter on the world map.

I use only the main mod without any extra, am running on xp pro and already tried everything I could think to without any success.

c2h6o said:
In Arroyo everything is alright but after I left the game crash when (I think) I make my first random encounter on the world map.

I use only the main mod without any extra, am running on xp pro and already tried everything I could think to without any success.
What compatibility mode are you running the game on? Try Windows 2000 mode in 256 colors.
Which service pack? Some problems are solved with SP2.
Make a clean instal again and patch only with restoration pack... (to Make a clean install from autorun, you need to clean the Windows registry if you happened to remove manually the previous Fallout game files, tools for that: registry mechanic or easycleaner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back