Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glovz said:
@killap
Hmmm - I am possitive the changes I made should not end up in any memory conflicts or deadends.

You might want to contact Timeslip and ask him to look it over. The integration of my mod was all him. Not pointing fingers or anything, I just don't know what he did to integrate it and I don't know how to modify the dll file.
I shall. But could you also confirm crashing. Try taking aimed shots with the pistols, etc.

Well I tried with vanilla fallout 2 with only official patch and it works perfectly (for now on) where there were problems.
No worldmap crash and no trapper town crash.

Also note that for the problem of trapper town I can have a glimpse (a VERY short one) of the map.

Glovz said:
@killap
Hmmm - I am possitive the changes I made should not end up in any memory conflicts or deadends.

You might want to contact Timeslip and ask him to look it over. The integration of my mod was all him. Not pointing fingers or anything, I just don't know what he did to integrate it and I don't know how to modify the dll file.
The integration is just a pair of jumps. If I'd got that wrong, fallout would crash every time anyone took damage. :P

I'll look over the code tomorrow for you. I haven't actually tested it at all yet, beyond making sure that whacking a few ants with a sledgehammer did sensible amounts of damage.

c2h6o said:
Well I tried with vanilla fallout 2 with only official patch and it works perfectly (for now on) where there were problems.
No worldmap crash and no trapper town crash.
So, the world map crash could only occur as a result of a problem with the ddraw file. The fact that you get crashes in Trapper Town too has nothing to do with that file. It almost seems like all the files were not copied over correctly. Have you tried using the manual install?

I've been playing this for a few days now and I'm currently in Modoc (I've played through Arroyo, The Den, Klamath and some of the primitive village) and so far there's been no bugs whatsoever. I've met Kaga twice and killed him the second time we met. I'm playing it on a white label (UK) fallout version with B-team, Missing children FRMS, Talking head for Cassidy installed. Really having fun with it! Thanks killap.:)

Just a minor bug, the children from the orphanage in the Den say "Hi mister" to me... i'm a CH10 female, they have to see the diff :P

LOOL XD

Anyway, I'm starting to think that after a 20-pages long thread it is now maybe a good idea to split up a bit in, say, an install FAQ, known game bugs (not system related), quest helping, general discussion/suggestions topic (which is perfect for this thread)....

(I think I could help a bit with my headaches about VM windows XP (wich is working, of course), I'm also looking now how to make Fallout 2 work with windows Vista (ultimate), stay tuned ^^

This is rather strange issue, but...

Shooting mutated molerat, mutated pig rat (and possibly mutated rat) in the eyes will 9 out of 10 cases cause a critical hit and instant death (at least with bullet weapons). Also managed to do this a few times on head.

I don't know if this issue was in vanilla F2 also.

My luck is only 5. Instant deaths are normally very very very rare.

Yes, i noticed this one also. And i havent even
tried the new restoration patch. When fighting
rats of any kind all you need to do is score a hit
in the eyes = approx. 90% chance of instant
death, even early in the game with no perks.
I was using Killaps october patch.

PS - Killap and Timeslip: PLEASE MAKE A MAC
VERSION! all i can do is read about your excellent
restoration patch as i run on a mac! :cry:

I also ran into an issue where Jo in Modoc wouldn't give me the Ghost Farm location or question. I must've talked to him earlier and pissed him off for this to happen. The problem is that Laddie gets added to my party when I offer to search for the missing boy and stays with me forever from that point on. Bringing him to the kids at the Ghost Farm is no longer an option.

He suffered an unfortunate accident after that, but he should leave after you return Jonny's BB gun to the father if the Ghost Farm quest is closed off or there should be an alternate method to find the Farm and Jonny.

...Concerning the safe house next to Redding... there's a bug when you go there with the car. The car is parked in the house, and no way to reach it... try, and you'll see by yourself.

P.S=> the SCREENSHOT (and it makes no sense... where is the door so the car can come in?)

Killap:
I have a question and a bug report
killap said:
Someone reported odd crashing when using weapons. I tested and if I have your ammo mod enabled (set to 1 in the ini file) then I too get the odd crashing. One such example is doing aimed shots with the magnum. So, for the time being I have removed your ammo mod (the updated one) from the installer just to remove another possible point of crashing for the time being.
If I set that to 0 in the .ini without going through reinstallation etc, does that disable the ammo mod? I'm thinking I should disable it to avoid crashes.

I'm running win XP SP2. I have 3 copies of fallout 2, all are HUMONGOUS install.
One is the fallout 2 with only official 1.02 patch
one is F2 with only your unofficial patch, 1.02.22 dated Jan 05 per the rock at start.
One is f2 with only your restoration project, dated Jan 05 per the readme (no date on the rock at start). I have a feeling it should be dated Jan 9, because thats when I d/led it and I know you've done a lot of slient fixing since the Jan 5 :)
The only options I chose to install with your project were: NPC change, AP ammo damage fix, Quick Goris, Talking Head for Cassidy

The bug:
This bug is present in your unofficial patch, as well as your restoration mod. Both I verified are properly installed by looking at the rock. Both I used the automatic installs.

It's not present in the official 1.02 patched fallout.

If you have a stupid character (in my case it was intelligence of 2, but I believe it happens with intel of 3 also), you are supposed to be able to pay off Sulik's debt the first time you talk to him, if you choose the appropriate dialog choices. You get a single chance to do this. Right after he mentions he is in debt to Maida and his sister was taken (1st, 2nd, 2nd dialog choices), he then offers you the chance to pay off his debt, at least in F2 with official 1.02 patch.

In your patch and restoration, it never proceeds to the choice to pay off his debt. He still mentions being in debt to Maida and his sister being taken, but nothing happens beyond that. In other words, its not possible to recruit Sulik on very low IN chars using your patch or restoration mod.

I have savegames from all 3 (F2 official patch, F2 your patch, F2 your restoration project) if you need any of them. It's easy enough to test though, you just create a low intel char, boost thier unarmed and or melee stats so they can get out of the temple of trials very easy, talk to the elder to get the quest for Vic, and head over to Klamath. If you pick up at least $1 in money, you can use the "Fallout 2 Inventory Editor" to increase it to enough to cover Sulik's debt, which is $350.

So far I love your patch and mod though! Thank you very much for all your hard work!

Josan12 said:
I thought mac users could use Boot camp or Parallels or whatever to run windows now?

Is there an in-game help thread yet?? If so can someone please direct me, if not can someone help me with EPA. For the life of me I cannot access anything in the EPA. I found the doctors drill in the maze, now he doesnt talk to me and there is nothing to do when i get down into the sublevels except die in the fumes or talk to a toaster... Any tips or hints please....

Cattle rustle quest

Hello! Bumped into this while playing

When i save the brahmins for Torr and pick up the claws-i confront the Duntons brothers about them. They promise not to steal.

If i tell Ardin Buckner about them she tells me something like "words are not enough, bring me some evidence that they steal"
And the "Find out who rustles the cattle" quest stays opened.

Any ideas on what evidence should i bring?
Thanks in advance!

havent found any "evidence" too ... searched almost every corner of the map - couldnt find anything ... how to solve this quest?

Deever said:
Killap:
I have a question and a bug report
killap said:
Someone reported odd crashing when using weapons. I tested and if I have your ammo mod enabled (set to 1 in the ini file) then I too get the odd crashing. One such example is doing aimed shots with the magnum. So, for the time being I have removed your ammo mod (the updated one) from the installer just to remove another possible point of crashing for the time being.
If I set that to 0 in the .ini without going through reinstallation etc, does that disable the ammo mod? I'm thinking I should disable it to avoid crashes.
Setting the ammo mod in the ddraw.ini file to 0 will disable the mod and probably stop odd crashing if you have any. (at least combat crashing)

Josan12 said:
I thought mac users could use Boot camp or Parallels or whatever to run windows now?
Problem is I use the ddraw.dll file for several elements of the expansion which isn't usable under Mac OS.

@McRae
Oops, looks like I set the wrong location for where the car should be. My mistake.

@those who are trying to do the cattle rustling quest.
Think about what cattle rustlers do when they steal cattle.

convert said:
Is there an in-game help thread yet?? If so can someone please direct me, if not can someone help me with EPA. For the life of me I cannot access anything in the EPA. I found the doctors drill in the maze, now he doesnt talk to me and there is nothing to do when i get down into the sublevels except die in the fumes or talk to a toaster... Any tips or hints please....
What are your stats?

Atm they are
ST-7
PE-8
EN-6
CH-4
IN-8
AG-10
LK-6

Science 142%
Repair 82%
Speech 54%

I have managed to repair the hologram that doesnt allow me to do anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back