Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misteryo

Misteryo Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 15, 2007
    I am a horder! So I am very excited about fixing the too-many-items bug.

Also, elevator consistency across the game -- Woohoo!

Thanks, Killap. You fix everything that matters to me.

misteryo

2. Golan2072

Golan2072 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 1, 2005
    You solved the Many Items bug! Yey! :D That one gave me fits back in the day :(

3. encinodude

encinodude It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 3, 2008
    Strange, I've replayed FO2 multiple times and have never encountered the Too Many Items Bug. I'm quite the hoarder, too.

4. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    So, the problem doesn't seem to have been the result of collecting too many items, but rather what items you choose to hold on to. Basically any item that had a script attached to it (such as the holodisks) would eventually cause maps to corrupt and save games to die.

5. Message621

Message621 First time out of the vault

Nov 20, 2008
    I know this isnt a bug, yet is very annouying, could it be possible to get those damn npcs to move more then 1 hex when you push them?

6. encinodude

encinodude It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 3, 2008
    I stuff all the quest-related items I have no use for anymore in the car trunk, so that may have attributed to how I was never able to encounter this bug. I've also never had any saved games corrupted when saving in combat, so luck must play a part. I suppose I paid for it by getting hit with the NPC Leveling Bug, though.

7. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Quick question: I noticed the combat against Tyler's gang in Den is rock hard in comparison to vannila patch 1.02 (lot's of 'hit for no damage'). Is any weapon/armor/amno mod integrated into the RP, such as the Combat Overhaul or the Weapons Redone mods?

When 1.3 comes out, I plan to use the Weapons Redone, so if it's in, no need to instal it, eh? ;)

8. Morticia

Morticia Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 9, 2008
    2 of Glovz ammo/damage mods were included in v1.2, but you had to activate them during install or by editing the ddraw.ini file. This was the likely cause of zero damage hits. Glovz has made changes and Killap has posted that these optional mods have been improved for v1.3.

9. memetics

memetics ☢ Mysterious Stranger ☢

Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks for the explanation! Weird bugs like that are so frustrating, and it's really nice to know the solution to the mystery.

(Safe to assume the bug fixes are also put into your patch, right?)

Mega-awesome, Killap! We're ready [to play] when you are [to release]. Thanks for caring so much about quality work, and then passing along the goodness. :-)

:notworthy:

-m

10. memetics

memetics ☢ Mysterious Stranger ☢

Jan 2, 2009
    x10! lol :wall:

-m

11. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Compatibility question - will Weapons Redone 1.7 work with RP 1.3?

12. TJ07

TJ07 First time out of the vault

Apr 25, 2006
    Been checking the forums since Jan 1 for the 1.3. Tomorrow's my birthday, it would be really cool to get my hands on it by then 8-)

13. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Can't wait for that to come out! I really want to see those NPCs, the new unofficial changelog and everything else!

In Soviet Russia items hoard you!

- Russian Reversal.

xd

14. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Good question, I want to know it as well; also, if anyone knows how to:

1) Add the Pulse Pistol projectile to the Pulse Rifle;
    2) Change the sound of the Laser Rifles to be the same of the Laser Pistols;
    3) Change the sound of the Bozar to be the BOOM of the .223 in Fallout 1;

Please tell me. :ok:

15. Cubik2k

Cubik2k Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
    Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    You can do it easy using F2wedit.

16. Chancellor Kremlin

Chancellor Kremlin Mildly Dipped

Nov 17, 2008
    Are we there yet? :lol:

17. uv23

uv23 First time out of the vault

Jan 2, 2009
    Like many others, I registered here mostly to say thanks for all your hard work. I played FO2 when it was first released, and just bought it again off of GOG. It runs perfectly on my VM with the high res mod but am waiting on RP1.3 before I start a real game. Cheers.

18. hiperborejai

hiperborejai First time out of the vault

Jan 8, 2009
    Hello. As many else, I wanted to thank Killap for his great work.
    But i have one question/suggestion. As I understand the 1.3 is finished now, and only thing that is keeping it from release, its french and polish translations? Well, as I see it - this forum and Killap's website are the main and only (?) places to get info about this restoration pack - this forum and Killap's website are in english, so if a person can read it (and therefore knows about this restoration pack) means he/she knows english - if a person knows english, then he/she will definitely play the game in english, since it is the original language in which the game was released in - therefore barely a few, or even none people will use the translated versions of the restoration pack, therefore it is not worth to keep the other 99,99% waiting. If any person will say that he/she prefers to delay the release and wait for the translated version, instead of playing the original english one now, i will delete this post.
    P.S. the best way to keep EVERYONE happy, would be to release the english version now, and "international" version when the translations are finished.

19. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Just wait like everyone else. Releasing the mod with ALL the content will be much easier than in parts and will certainly prevent uneccessary bugs.

20. martynas.t

martynas.t First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2007
    That's a good joke 99,99 percent are waiting for English version only :lol: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.