Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a horder! So I am very excited about fixing the too-many-items bug.

Also, elevator consistency across the game -- Woohoo!

Thanks, Killap. You fix everything that matters to me.

misteryo

Strange, I've replayed FO2 multiple times and have never encountered the Too Many Items Bug. I'm quite the hoarder, too.

encinodude said:
Strange, I've replayed FO2 multiple times and have never encountered the Too Many Items Bug. I'm quite the hoarder, too.
So, the problem doesn't seem to have been the result of collecting too many items, but rather what items you choose to hold on to. Basically any item that had a script attached to it (such as the holodisks) would eventually cause maps to corrupt and save games to die.

I know this isnt a bug, yet is very annouying, could it be possible to get those damn npcs to move more then 1 hex when you push them?

killap said:
encinodude said:
So, the problem doesn't seem to have been the result of collecting too many items, but rather what items you choose to hold on to. Basically any item that had a script attached to it (such as the holodisks) would eventually cause maps to corrupt and save games to die.

I stuff all the quest-related items I have no use for anymore in the car trunk, so that may have attributed to how I was never able to encounter this bug. I've also never had any saved games corrupted when saving in combat, so luck must play a part. I suppose I paid for it by getting hit with the NPC Leveling Bug, though.

Quick question: I noticed the combat against Tyler's gang in Den is rock hard in comparison to vannila patch 1.02 (lot's of 'hit for no damage'). Is any weapon/armor/amno mod integrated into the RP, such as the Combat Overhaul or the Weapons Redone mods?

When 1.3 comes out, I plan to use the Weapons Redone, so if it's in, no need to instal it, eh? ;)

2 of Glovz ammo/damage mods were included in v1.2, but you had to activate them during install or by editing the ddraw.ini file. This was the likely cause of zero damage hits. Glovz has made changes and Killap has posted that these optional mods have been improved for v1.3.

killap said:

Thanks for the explanation! Weird bugs like that are so frustrating, and it's really nice to know the solution to the mystery.

(Safe to assume the bug fixes are also put into your patch, right?)

Mega-awesome, Killap! We're ready [to play] when you are [to release]. Thanks for caring so much about quality work, and then passing along the goodness. :-)

:notworthy:

-m

Been checking the forums since Jan 1 for the 1.3. Tomorrow's my birthday, it would be really cool to get my hands on it by then 8-)

Can't wait for that to come out! I really want to see those NPCs, the new unofficial changelog and everything else!

In Soviet Russia items hoard you!

- Russian Reversal.

xd

Ravager69 said:
Compatibility question - will Weapons Redone 1.7 work with RP 1.3?

Good question, I want to know it as well; also, if anyone knows how to:

1) Add the Pulse Pistol projectile to the Pulse Rifle;
2) Change the sound of the Laser Rifles to be the same of the Laser Pistols;
3) Change the sound of the Bozar to be the BOOM of the .223 in Fallout 1;

Please tell me. :ok:

Makenshi said:
if anyone knows how to:

1) Add the Pulse Pistol projectile to the Pulse Rifle;
2) Change the sound of the Laser Rifles to be the same of the Laser Pistols;
3) Change the sound of the Bozar to be the BOOM of the .223 in Fallout 1;

Please tell me. :ok:

You can do it easy using F2wedit.

Like many others, I registered here mostly to say thanks for all your hard work. I played FO2 when it was first released, and just bought it again off of GOG. It runs perfectly on my VM with the high res mod but am waiting on RP1.3 before I start a real game. Cheers.

Hello. As many else, I wanted to thank Killap for his great work.
But i have one question/suggestion. As I understand the 1.3 is finished now, and only thing that is keeping it from release, its french and polish translations? Well, as I see it - this forum and Killap's website are the main and only (?) places to get info about this restoration pack - this forum and Killap's website are in english, so if a person can read it (and therefore knows about this restoration pack) means he/she knows english - if a person knows english, then he/she will definitely play the game in english, since it is the original language in which the game was released in - therefore barely a few, or even none people will use the translated versions of the restoration pack, therefore it is not worth to keep the other 99,99% waiting. If any person will say that he/she prefers to delay the release and wait for the translated version, instead of playing the original english one now, i will delete this post.
P.S. the best way to keep EVERYONE happy, would be to release the english version now, and "international" version when the translations are finished.

hiperborejai said:
Hello. As many else, I wanted to thank Killap for his great work.
But i have one question/suggestion. As I understand the 1.3 is finished now, and only thing that is keeping it from release, its french and polish translations? Well, as I see it - this forum and Killap's website are the main and only (?) places to get info about this restoration pack - this forum and Killap's website are in english, so if a person can read it (and therefore knows about this restoration pack) means he/she knows english - if a person knows english, then he/she will definitely play the game in english, since it is the original language in which the game was released in - therefore barely a few, or even none people will use the translated versions of the restoration pack, therefore it is not worth to keep the other 99,99% waiting. If any person will say that he/she prefers to delay the release and wait for the translated version, instead of playing the original english one now, i will delete this post.
P.S. the best way to keep EVERYONE happy, would be to release the english version now, and "international" version when the translations are finished.

Just wait like everyone else. Releasing the mod with ALL the content will be much easier than in parts and will certainly prevent uneccessary bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back