Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavi85bmn

mavi85bmn It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 24, 2009
    Apparently that part got lost in his translation. :)

2. DGT

DGT It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 7, 2006
    LOL, I have seven different save files of completed games in RP 1.2. Meaning I completely finished the game with seven different characters. killap, I'm gonna destroy F5 this weekend, man. Your work is greatly appreciated, and I am anxiously waiting for 1.3

Edit: Oh yeah, I like the additional options. I use quite a few of them. Since they're "Additional Options," you can't really complain; you were just entirely too lazy to be installing a mod. Go do something requiring no concentration, like play 3shitty. Also: jeez, I miss Rosh sometimes.

3. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Ignore them. This works as good as not having them included.

Additional options can never be bad. Also, the ones included in RP are already limited only to very significant things.

4. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    Why would I want to ignore them? I'm not downloading the installer file anyway.

5. MaToX

MaToX It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 5, 2009
  6. Mordegar

Mordegar First time out of the vault

Dec 23, 2007
    You won't miss something that you have never experienced. ;)

You may know it or not, but english isn't my native language and while i can comprehend most of the game in english, a lot of joke's and stuff would surely pass me by without being noticed.

Btw, i didn't get it what you meant with *lost in translation* at first, but i hope that i got it now this time. :)

7. sydney_roo

sydney_roo Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 24, 2008
    You did but see what I mean? Even some jokes only make sense in English. Although I am not familiar with your version so it might be as well a perfect translation of english version.

Damn, maybe RP 2.0 will be released today! End of a week right? :-)

8. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    That's tomorrow, Sydney. And I think he said something along the lines of "maybe." :)

I've decided not to care about it, though because it's been indicated that version 2.1 will be the one that's properly finished, and I don't intend to spend my time playing it through only to discover that I've missed a lot of stuff that's going to be added later on.

9. smilodom

smilodom Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 17, 2008
    Fallout will be never finished till the end of time...

10. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    In that case, I'll probably play it when I have nothing better to do, like when I'm old and in my death bed, if computers will still be able to run these types of programs in that time. :)

11. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    While 2.0 will not be a true "proper finish", this is only because there will inevitably be bugs to fix. There is no cut content (besides a food system) that is left to incorporate (at least that I know of). Anything major that might be added will be in the extras section of the installer. So, 2.0 is the last new cut content release. All other future releases will be for bug fixes and other assorted goodies.

12. earthdude

earthdude First time out of the vault

May 11, 2008
    Has the buggy nature of the caravans been fixed for 2.0? In my latest playthrough, I've focused on playing with the caravans trying to go round trips using just caravans. The most annoying one is that if for some reason you arrive at your destination but there's no-one there to greet you even if you did everything right (e.g. Hal for Westin's brahmin drive), you can never go on another brahmin drive. Back in NCR, Duppo will say another drive is ready and to show up at Westin's front gate, but Hal is no where to be seen.

An unrelated bug that may not be a bug is: if you are wearing power armor, it seems that the weight of the power armor is credited against the amount you can carry, which seems illogical since it is powered. Just carrying it in your inventory, of course, should affect the amount you can carrry.

13. Lechuza01

Lechuza01 First time out of the vault

Mar 20, 2010
    Hi,
    I am experiencing a crash in restoration project and maybe you guys would know how to help.
    when I am trying to go to trapper town in klamath the gmae crashes after few seconds of loading.
    I am quite advanced in the story line now, if that matters. I got the car and wanted to go for that part that saves some fuel but now i cant :/
    Can anything be done now or I just have to play on avoiding the trapper town?

14. kungfujoe

kungfujoe First time out of the vault

Sep 28, 2008
    Killap,

Does this suggest that if there's a 2.1 version (or 2.01 or whatever), that we'll be able to continue saved games from 2.0?

Thanks again for all of the work you're putting into FO2, making one of the best games in PC history even better.

15. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    Since you don't say much I'll just take a quick guess.
    You have the German version and you need to get the blood patch?

It would help to know if you have been to Trappertown previously in your game and also how far into it you are.

16. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    Hey, I'm glad to hear that food system is planned to be implemented. This just gives me another reason to wait for the next version, aside from the bug fixes.

I hope you are planning to add sleep system as well, along with the bags as a requirement to carry more than a couple of pounds stuff around.

17. Lechuza01

Lechuza01 First time out of the vault

Mar 20, 2010
    no not te german. English, Uk i bellieve but not sure
    I do not have the blood censored. should I install blood patch anyway?

I think ihave been in trapper town previously. the problem is that i had quite a brake from f2 and now am continuing old savegame.

as for my advance in the game:
    I have the geck,
    got the citizenship of vault citi
    repaired gecko power plant
    killed all the riders
    etc etc

Hard to list all I have done allready:)
    character is 14 lvl so you can imagine that not that much

i was trying to go to the traper town allown and with the party, did not make any difference.

any ideas how to solve the problem??

18. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Alright, just got around to this. Since I'm in a fairly good mood and don't feel like working on the terrifying about of work I have to do for next week, I'll give you some detailed answers.

The full bit of code you are looking at is:

Code:
       if (dude_found_geck) then begin
       end
       else begin
          NOption(799,Node056,004);
       end

From the start, this is bad coding style (it should be not(fude_found_gecko) and then the dialog option), but then again I'm assuming they might have intended to put something in that empty if block. In any event, to answer your question that macro "dude_found_geck" expands to if (op_global_var(233)). Having an if statement like this is perfectly fine. However, you should only do this if you are checking a statement in terms of true or false (ie boolean). As long as global_var 233 isn't 0, then that statement is true. That's all we actually care about anyway in that check.

Nice catch. Seems like an oversight on their part.

This was an unused perk I implemented for the RP. You're correct, the karma beacon code is indeed only considered for good critters. Not sure why I did this. It's been way too long to recall what I was thinking at the time... I'll address this.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I wrote it that way. I'll have to go over this.

You're correct. They original devs are indeed just multiplying by 10. This isn't right. Also, there is no check for the number of levels of this perk, so having more than one wouldn't do anything extra. Perhaps something is hardcoded to handle this. I'll have to poke Timeslip and see what we come up with. You're solution seems fine if we could indeed check the number of levels taken for a perk.

EDIT:Actually, all is well here. has_trait returns the number of levels for a perk (did not know that before) and multiplying by 10 is actually correct. if you look at the macros, reaction_top is defined as 100, so presence does indeed move you 10% closer.

Yeah, seems like an oversight. Basically, the developers used floater(#) for all floats in his script. This uses the default color of yellow and if any other color needs to be used, then float_msg(....) should be used instead.

Makes sense. Seems like another oversight.

Oops, my bad. Yeah, this doesn't cause any problems but it is unused code sitting there. Plus, the second Primitive Tribe check is out of date anyway and the first one is actually the correct one.

This was a variable used by a few procedures that were commented out by the original devs. Seems like they just forgot to comment out this variable in the end.

Can you compile a list of all these unused lines? It seems like a few of them might not have voice files attached to them (ie missing the slk#### tag on the message lines).

Yep, seems like a mistake on the part of the devs. Doesn't cause any problems, but shouldn't be there.

Well, I'm not entirely sure what is intended here. Maybe we can get some feedback from others here. My thoughts are:

Here are the lines used for Vault 15:

Code:
    {530}{slk27sa}{An empty shell rests below those that rest.}
    To me this would refer to the Vault below the squatters.
    Code:
    {531}{slk27sb}{Talons of death are close.}
    While this sounds like a reference to the vertibirds, it might actually be a subtle hint about Darion's dog. Then again, talons are for birds...
    Code:
    {532}{slk27sc}{Small death will follow you.}
    No idea about this reference.

here are the lines used for Navarro:
    Code:
    {540}{slk27ta}{The voice is louder than the sound of any gun.}
    This makes sense since you should talk down Chris rather than blasting him away. However, it could also refer to everyone at the squat. Rather than blowing them all away, you should help them.
    Code:
    {541}{slk27tb}{Evil hops here.}
    Not really sure.
    Code:
    {542}{slk27tc}{The pathway of evil is laid clear here.}
    This really seems to refer to the minefield you have to pass through.

This is a special case that have to be considered for Modoc and Vault 15 (the squat section of the map). Consider an NPC left waiting at the squat. If you helped the people there and NCR is expanding the area, then when you enter the map the elevation has changed (to display the expanded Squat). Any npc that was waiting on the original level is now lost forever if you don't move them to the new elevation of the map that the player is on. The same is with Modoc and blowing up the outhouse.

I came across this is some time ago. You are correct in your approach to fixing it, as it is essentially what I did. It's been some time since I looked into this, but I do believe it is the result of the hex being off the map (and blocked by invisible blockers). However, I've run into many issues before with the critter walk commands, where they would get stuck if you had them walk to a location too far away, etc. I've never come to an acceptable understanding of this yet...

EDIT:
    I plan to ensure that RP 2.0 saves will work just fine with future versions. You might have to load an earlier save to get around a bug, but saves should be compatible.

Maybe... I thought I had addressed all issues I personally came across. Missing drivers at the destination was one such issue. All I ask is that if you do come across these issues in RP 2.0, you provide a save game for me to test.

Interesting. Never noticed this before nor do I know what I could do about it.

Yes, but no promises.

Yeah, seeing how long it took to get 2.0 out (and it still isn't out as of writing this), I'd HIGHLY suggest playing 2.0.x series. 2.0.x will be bug fix releases and the first will surely come out with 1-2 weeks of release. 2.1 will be long way away.

A sleep system has been considered. Again, no promises.

Bags are gone forever. They can be exploited (are buggy) and just confuse players too damn much.

19. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    No, then you don't need it.
    Have a look at my post here and see if that can help you.

20. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    This has been said earlier, but you've probably missed it. The bags and backpacks (along with all the related bugs) should be fixed and made necessary for carrying more than a few pounds of stuff around (without the car).
    You can't do it otherwise in real life, and you shouldn't be able to do it in the game. This is about realism, not convenience.
    I agree that the current use of bags is entirely redundant, but that's what should be revamped so they would make sense.

Whatever your decision on this may be, keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.