Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    one way to sove it would be set carry weight to 50,then disable all perks and add a packmule scenery(or something different) and use the car,would have to use sfall(tho the function does exist yet) to disable the carry weight formula the engine uses

Nirran

2. TwoEyedYum

TwoEyedYum Naked Moose

Jan 21, 2010
    "disable the carry weight formula" AND replace it with another: maximum weight still limited by STR factor.

3. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Haven't sat down to think about one yet. Just on the drawing board.

Not a bad idea. This wouldn't be that hard to do either.

And just for the record, ideas like the sleep/food system are components that, if they ever see the light of day, will be part of the extras section. They will not be forced on the player.

Wow, that's quite the list. Looks like several of them were part of the initial draft for the party system. Those can be dropped. Some of those should definitely be included though.

Those actually fit quite well with those places. I'm all for incorporating unused dialogue, so this works for me.

sfall is indeed a requirement for the RP, so sadly Mac users will not be able to play. To answer your quesiton though, there are aspects of RP 2.0 that require sfall 2.x, but I'll ensure that Win9x users can still play - they just won't be able to take part in these features. I have the last sfall 9x release (1.47 or 1.49 cannot recall off the top of my head), so this will be part of the RP.

4. White-Rabbit

White-Rabbit First time out of the vault

Mar 21, 2010
    I have to thank you Killap for keeping up your work on Fallout 2. It's really incredible to see all this people still playing such an old game. It's a perfect evidence that Gameplay and Storytelling overweight graphics. Well even I have stopped playing God of War 3 right now just to see if you've released 2.0 already.

Thanks again for your effort ( and everyone else who is working / has worked on this , too ).

Long days and pleasant nights!

5. McRae

McRae For sale: clown shoes, never worn Orderite

Dec 9, 2007
    Killap was hit in the groin for 10 points. Yep. That was a curve ball. :)

6. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Heh, yeah. It seems like some force is preventing me from releasing the latest RP. ;) Life did throw me an unusually busy week coming up. Sigh.

7. Travesty

Travesty First time out of the vault

Apr 18, 2005
    Ouch, that`s gonna leave a mark, and the scars are gonna make a good party talk.

8. Mordegar

Mordegar First time out of the vault

Dec 23, 2007
    Killap appears to be like a fisherman, throwing out the biggest bait but pulling out the line as soon as a fish wants to bite it. ;)

Just kidding, hehe.

9. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    I had exactly the same idea! I asked Timeslip about it a year ago or so and she said she didn't think it could be done. I think we could ask her or Nirran again as Sfall has improved considerably since i asked.

I personally think it would be a fantastic addition (probably as an independant mod as it may not be RP material) and would really add a level of balance and challenge to FO.

I'm also a big fan of implementing a food and sleep system. I've already developed a script to be attached to beds that animates and handles sleep for the Player. I don't think these things detract from the fun of the game at all, and in fact add immersion (for me, anyway) by making the player critter seem more 'human' and less like a robot.

Just my two cents....

10. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    Psst . . . I'm pretty sure Timeslip is a dude.

11. Timeslip

Timeslip Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't recall ever saying anything about it a year ago, (not surprising; I don't remember what I did yesterday half the time, so I may have said anything,) but whatever was the case then it'll be fairly easy now. sfall has had an option to modify how fast time passes on the world map for ages, and all I'll need to do is expose that via a script function rather than having it fixed via ddraw.ini. Should be about half an hours work.

Slight caveat: this would effect how fast time passes on the world map, but not how fast the player moves physically. That's a somewhat different problem.

And wherever did you get that idea? I don't believe I've ever made any comment either way. :P

12. Dravean

Mar 6, 2005
    You know, I don't recall how I came to that conclusion, but at some point in the past your gender was brought up and I was pretty sure that it was concluded that you were a he. If that's incorrect, then forgive my assumption . . . you enigma, you.

13. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Fantastic! Then could i request it in the latest sfall, please, monsieur/madame? :D

Ok. Is it not possible to slow the players world map travel speed proportionally to the amount they are carrying? If not, would slowing the world map time increase the encounter rate?

14. mavi85bmn

mavi85bmn It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 24, 2009
    I don't care what gender Timeslip is (Sfall is great, though), but I seriously think RP would benefit from having a few transgendered characters and a recruitable NPC who is a homosexual and comes with funny catch phrases. :)

15. TwoEyedYum

TwoEyedYum Naked Moose

Jan 21, 2010
    RP will greatly benefit from being updated to 2.0 =)))

16. Dravean

Mar 6, 2005
    We have decided to keep 2.0 to ourselves, as it it simply too good to be unleashed upon the world.

17. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    So you don't think Miria and Davin are enough then?

18. thai1109

thai1109 First time out of the vault

Dec 28, 2008
    You are cruel.

Btw, i remember at the wedding, the chosen one still talks normally even if he/she is stupid at that time. Will it be fixed?

19. Misteryo

Misteryo Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 15, 2007
    Awesome. So, where do you live? 'Cause I've got torches and pitchforks and enough bottled water to last a week.

Misteryo

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    At least share it with me…the map freak. :freak: Otherwise how can I finish my extra goodies…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.