Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion regarding ammo on opponents in random encounters. I think that enclave patrolmen that are armed with gatling lasers ending up throwing stones at chosen one and his team are ridiculous. I think that they should have enough ammo for prolonged battle. How make the chosen one unable to loot hhe ammo? Simple - attach to encounter a script that would delete ammo on an opponent once he/she is dead.

ziemeck said:
I have a suggestion regarding ammo on opponents in random encounters. I think that enclave patrolmen that are armed with gatling lasers ending up throwing stones at chosen one and his team are ridiculous. I think that they should have enough ammo for prolonged battle. How make the chosen one unable to loot hhe ammo? Simple - attach to encounter a script that would delete ammo on an opponent once he/she is dead.

Why? If the Chosen One manages to best a group of Enclave soldiers, (s)he fully deserves as much energy ammo as (s)he can carry.

I have some suggestions, too

1. Change Goris' intelligence. Instead of being 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, make it like 6, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9. Why the increase? Because he's supposed to be smart and good at speech even by human standards, and is the deathclaw pack's scholar.
2. On the topic of deathclaws, isn't there supposed to be a possible ending that's broken in the default concerning being able to save the intelligent deathclaws?
3. Unrelated, but in Redding there's the Mole-Rat fighting ring. What if the player could watch/bet on mole rat fights sometimes?

*Crawls out of his bear den*

This is more of an 'I'm alive' message than anything else. Haven't touched anything RP related in a month or so. Besides some bugs still left to squash (it was a small amount last time I checked), there is still the plan to revamp parts of the Primitive Tribe.

Constantly adding to the release plan is obviously no way to get something done in any time frame, but because this is last release (barring any major bugs) I do want to get everything in that I can.

We'll see how this all works out.

Ah, well. Been holding off replaying FO2 for close to two years now so I can play with the final, fully awesome version of RP. Pretty sure I can wait a little longer.

encinodude said:
Ah, well. Been holding off replaying FO2 for close to two years now so I can play with the final, fully awesome version of RP. Pretty sure I can wait a little longer.

Come to think of it, the longer this final version of the RP takes, the longer I can hold off wasting inordinate amounts of time replaying FO2. So I guess that's kind of a good thing?

I was thinking--when you find Vic in the Den and he tells you about his shack in Klamath, shouldn't he give you a key that allows you to unlock that inner door and disable the trap? It seems pretty silly for him to send you in there, possibly without any decent lockpick or traps skills, to struggle with that door.

Also, I think there are a number of places where you should have the ability to revisit what is currently a one-shot conversation option. The earliest and most obvious examples are in Arroyo. First, there's asking Jordan why you have to fight at the end of the Temple of Trials. If you don't take the long speech option arguing that you shouldn't take the chance that one of you gets killed, you can't ask him again. Second, if you don't ask Mynoc about his sharpened spear the first time you speak to him, you don't get another chance to do so. Why restrict the player in this way?

Thoughts, anybody?

Good points, but the dialogue options would require a lot of work, because there are so many examples of that in the game.

In case of Vic he's absolutely right, at least he should inform the dude about the trap, better he give the key right away...

Good points indeed, Hayden. There are many other similar aspects of the game that should be tweaked as well. It's out of the scope of this project though. It would make for a much more sensible game world though.

I like the vic idea too, some other inconsistencies I noticed are Andrew in Vault city still threatens to call the gaurds on you when youre the captain of the gaurds, second logically killing Bishop should stop the raiders, they wouldnt work for free and lastly I always felt that Flic being a weapon salesman should attack with a weapon when provoked.

Also throwing sledge hammers is so awesome.

Fallout II 1.02.27.3 RP 2.1.2b sfall v2.12a
Short description:
In the Help Lara attack Tyler's gang quest in the Den you need not only to kill the guard outside the church for the quest to finish, but go inside the church and continue the fight there, otherwise the scripts will be all messed up

Long description:
There's quest in the Den were Lara wants to know what is guarded in the church. I usually leave all the doors open, but this particular one I closed after leaving (closed, not locked; btw, Sulik can come through this closed door like there is no door at all,– but not when it's locked though). And when I picked quest to Help Lara attack Tyler's gang, we came to the church and started a fight with Marc, a guard. There were also two guards in the church, but they didn't hurry to help, so I decided to open the door. But the door appeared to be... locked. I was a bit surprised, but assumed that guards locked themselves to not be killed. After Marc was killed, I decided that there is no need to kill that two locked guards and finished battle. Then I talked with Lara and she suggested that we should come kill Tyler, and so we did (in Den Residential). When i tried to talk to her after the battle, the floating text appeared stating "Alright! Let's go! Everyone follow me!" Hm, I went to the next location, Lara was already at her usual place, answering me with the same float above her. Obviously, she wanted to finish the survived guards in the church. Well okay, i go to the East Side and instantly get into the dialog with Lara, where she says "We need to finish this" - "Let's go" say I, and we go... to the Tyler party place again, but instead of Lara, Tyler and their guards, there is... two Laras (one almost dead, another one unhurt) and two amount of her guards. Wow... I go to the West Side, find one more Lara and try to kill her. But I'm not fighter so eventually I have to run for my life, I go back to the Den Residential... and appear back to the Tyler house, where there are three amount of Laras and bodyguards. I wonder if Lara in the West Side is still angry... She's not. I go back to the Den Residential - four Laras already. Then I go to the East Side (through the West Side of course) - there's also one Lara. Back to the Den Residential - now I appear at the usual place (where I should by default) and only four Lara like the last time. I set the dynamite, and after the blow - game crashes. That's because new guards and Laras appear on the same hexes; if push them all to separate hexes, the game won't crash.
Also, testing this later I found out, that the door can be accidentally unlocked by Sulik or others, if they somehow step on certain hexes or smth during the battle - I didn't get it clear. Of course, the door can be unlocked after the combat as well, and once the rest two guards are killed and quest is completed - only one Lara is left, the one in the East Side (if she survives, that is). Also, now Sulik just opens this door instead of coming through it like some spirit
upd: This quest is even more bugged, see below

smilodom said:
In case of Vic he's absolutely right, at least he should inform the dude about the trap, better he give the key right away...

Not just that but, when you walk into Jenny's place (Klamath bath house), she acts like she doesn't even know him, LOL... (she had previously said that she thought they were going to be "something more" or some such romantic nonsense).

ralphrepo said:
Not just that but, when you walk into Jenny's place (Klamath bath house), she acts like she doesn't even know him, LOL... (she had previously said that she thought they were going to be "something more" or some such romantic nonsense).

We understand, the game has lots of holes, which would require a super effort to fill. After the RP is done and dusted anyone with the right skills can go in and add the necessary dialogue, adjust the corresponding scripts, blah, blah...it's a lot of work. Killap doesn't want to do it, because after almost 8 years, he wants to move on. The RP can be worked on by others, if they are up to it technically.

Help Lara attack Tyler's gang quest in the Den. After cleansing the church, while Lara waits until I heal, there's one more Lara with gang in the West Side as well.
When going to Tyler, Lara and her gang are all unhurt, even if previously any of them were hurt or killed
Also, you do not get 1000 experience unless you kill all of Tyler's gang, even if Tyler himself is dead. If anybody of Lara's guards was killed, they resurrect near the church (if they were alive before battle with Tyler, that is). Faith makes miracles

Collect money from Fred in the Den. If first tell Fred to pay the full amount, but then agree to cover him, he will still give you angry floats, even if you lend him 150$ in total. On the other hand, he will be grateful if you lend him only 100$ and refuse about another 50$, but without postponement. Kinda weird.

I've encountered "harmless people attacked by bandits" or smth like that. Of course, I helped to defeat bandits, gained 5 karma, ended combat and... was attacked by the harmless people. I had no choice but to kill them, losing 1 karma. Why the heck did they attack me? Did they want to rob me since we with Sulik were almost dead? I wasn't even carrying any weapons...

And just wonder, can I gain both Gigolo and Sexpert perks, or are the mutually exclusive?

P.S. I think I encounter Kaga way to often

I just did the manual install for RP as im running fo2 through wine, but the high res mod hasn't do i have to do it separately?

Killap will add the extras, fix the known bugs, and then release RP2.2 for another round of testing. So it won't be for awhile yet, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back