Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Hi guys, can you point me to a script that works as NPC armor mod?
It's scattered in party members' scripts and marked with "B-team mod" comments.
The gl_npcarmor.int/npcarmor.ini from sfall 4.x modders pack does not work along with the one embedded in RP.

Last edited:
It's scattered in party members' scripts and marked with "B-team mod" comments.
The gl_npcarmor.int/npcarmor.ini from sfall 4.x modders pack does not work along with the one embedded in RP.
Ty, found it. Thought someone made unified script of some sort.

Replaying RP 2.3.3 for testing sfall 4.0, I noticed a couple of bugs about planting experimental/corn seeds in EPA green level and Arroyo village:

1. epai33.ssl: Two of if (cur_map_index == MAP_EPA_SUBLEVELS) are wrong, so your plant never shows up in the green level. It should be if (cur_map_index == MAP_EPA_SUBLEVELS_1). Also for Arroyo village the plant/corn gets placed in wrong elevation.

2. epas9.ssl: It checks a non-exist global variable (GVAR_EPA_SEEDS) for message 200, so player never says that floating message.

EDIT: ok, I fixed these two scripts. The fix only works if you didn't return to EPA sublevel or Arroyo village maps to check planted seeds yet.

Hello @NovaRain ,

Should I replace the .int files ? They are smaller in size than the originals ones, is it ok ?
And, do I need the .ssl files ?

Attachments

Hi,

i run the german version of Fallout 2 with the Killap patch and the Restoration Project 2.3.3 on Windows 7. I do not know if this is mod related since i never run Fallout on Win 7 before.

In Broken Hills i encountered a bug where no matter how i trigger the missing people quest, only the bodies i cant loot and 2 empty lootable bodies spawn. The other bodies are completely missing. This includes Dan's wife who has the note to progress with the quest.
I have the save game of me entering Broken Hills for the first time.

I am looking for a way to get the quest working, a way to get that note.

Can i replace the Broken Hills underground map with a map that contains that note?

Can i edit my save game to put the note into my or a container inventory and if possible how?

-> F2wedit and F12se dont work displaying an error message when i try to save the edits

Can you think of other ways to get that note?

Hi,

i run the german version of Fallout 2 with the Killap patch and the Restoration Project 2.3.3 on Windows 7. I do not know if this is mod related since i never run Fallout on Win 7 before.

In Broken Hills i encountered a bug where no matter how i trigger the missing people quest, only the bodies i cant loot and 2 empty lootable bodies spawn. The other bodies are completely missing. This includes Dan's wife who has the note to progress with the quest.
I have the save game of me entering Broken Hills for the first time.

I am looking for a way to get the quest working, a way to get that note.

Can i replace the Broken Hills underground map with a map that contains that note?

Can i edit my save game to put the note into my or a container inventory and if possible how?

-> F2wedit and F12se dont work displaying an error message when i try to save the edits

Can you think of other ways to get that note?
It is possible that your version is censored. This can cause crashes & issues when your violence setting is on normal or max. As the game tries to spawn corpses that have been removed. You may try to reduce the violence setting to none or minimal before entering the map (this may be enough to spawn substitute bodies). Or, download Fallout Nevada, and use that critter.dat by replacing the critter.dat in your Fallout2 folder. I suggest to rename the old critter.dat to critter (old).dat first, so you just copy the new on in, but don't replace the old on. That's what I did, and it works fine.

Since i didn't find a solution i downloaded the fallout 1.5 resurrection mod and in the very first village the corpse of a boy was missing. Missing children reminded me that i live in a country with censorship and i replaced files in falloutfolder/data/Art/critters. The blood patch didn't extraction didn't work but extracting it into a different folder and copy&pasting it worked. That fixed fallout 2 and all mods too. So you where on the right track it the issue is rooted in the censorship of the german version. Für die Mühe danke Muttie.

You're welcome.
Although in all fairness it needs to be said that they could have sold the game without much problems - just not to children. So they crippled their game, to the point that FO2 became unplayable, and cried "censorship!"
Don't trust companies ;), they always cry "censorship" when they can't sell their adult games to minors. (Money, Money, Money)

Just keep that critter.dat solution in mind. It will also fix Resurrection. As well as any mod on top of FO2. They all use critter.dat from FO2. So you can fix them all in one go. I think the blood patch needs to be copied into the data/art/critters folder of every mod you want to use it. Same result, but more time consuming and messy.
EDIT: the critter.dat you want should be 163.039 KB while your's should be 128.842.

i have a problem with the mod i get "the instruction at 004f11db referenced memory from 00000010 The memory could not be read from" then i load my save i want to save thos deathclaws i downloded this then they die so i reloaded like 1 day befor they die and install the mod

I think I found a bug within the EPA.

I went to Mr. Chemmie to make some ERSI, but instead of giving me an ERSI canister it gave me a syringe full of chemicals. There doesn't appear to be a way to turn the syringe into a canister. Did I screw myself?

Perhaps you forgot that Mr.Chemmie drops all the stuff it produces on the ground next to it, You must pick it up to have it in your inventory. The Syrgine You talk about is probably from a footlocker in EPA Blue level (the one where 3 hibernted npc's wait) the syrgine itself increases Agility by 1 if used on player character (you must have AG<10 in order for the syrgine to take effect).

Perhaps you forgot that Mr.Chemmie drops all the stuff it produces on the ground next to it, You must pick it up to have it in your inventory. The Syrgine You talk about is probably from a footlocker in EPA Blue level (the one where 3 hibernted npc's wait) the syrgine itself increases Agility by 1 if used on player character (you must have AG<10 in order for the syrgine to take effect).
Ah, that makes sense, silly me. Is that syringe effect permanent?

I work, but only for the Russian version of the Assembly. I have a complete repackaging of the game with edits and it's pirated content.
:hatersgonnahate:

I was told by someone that Killap has stated that he didn't allow others to repackage his mod.
Is it true ?
I wish to make a setup program that allow the user to choose the mod langage, but some of my colleague was vehemently insisting that it was forbidden by the mod maker.
I do intend to ask him for permission, but it seems that there is more tolerance for localization repackage.

Back