Fallout 2 Restoration Project Gameplay Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    [spoiler:bbd3fcce86]It's now a quest that Krom only gives to dumb characters.[/spoiler:bbd3fcce86]

They're stuck in a loop. You need to figure out that's interfering with them, and fix it, then they'll talk to you.

Hint: [spoiler:bbd3fcce86]It's a computer.[/spoiler:bbd3fcce86]

2. kedimsidomuz

kedimsidomuz First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2006
  3. glouter

glouter First time out of the vault

Sep 5, 2010
    wait...so you mean, like...I contributed in some tiny way? That just makes my day (the FO1 interpretation of fast shot would be pretty OP in my opinion, but I guess that's why you just included it as optional).

When you say you've fixed it, btw, does that mean it will be included in your next release, or you've slapped out a hotfix somewhere?

4. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    It will be available to the public whenever Timeslip releases a new version of sfall. Wait for it to be part of the RP though.

5. glouter

Sep 5, 2010
    i'm surprised you would advise waiting, given that you said you were gonna take a hiatus after 2.1.2 came out

6. killap

May 16, 2005
    Well yes, but I do hope that the new version of sfall will be out shortly - before RP 2.1.2 is officially released to the world.

7. glouter

Sep 5, 2010
    ?!

What? You planning on putting it up on Steam or something? I would think that making a link to it and allowing downloads was as official as things would get (I believe I have 2.1.2 installed even now).

8. killap

May 16, 2005
    No. Like I said in the first post of the RP 2.1.2 thread, I allow for a week or so of NMA testing before any news posts are made about it. Sure it probably gets out to the rest of the web, but w/e they'll miss out on a few extra fixes then. Perhaps I shouldn't update my sig during this time. Meh.

9. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Killap can I recommend that you wait for Mr. Baldies completion before you release RP 2.1.2. That critter can be finished within a week, and it would be a terrible shame if the people didn’t get a chance to play him until RP 2.2 – which might be 6 months away…as well the latest version of Sfall might be out…what do you think.

10. glouter

Sep 5, 2010
    eheh, the Steam thing was just a joke. As for not sigging it, I probably should have read the fine print, so to speak, of your post, rather than just dloading and installing. TY for clarifying.

11. killap

May 16, 2005
    This thread is getting pretty off topic...

Timeslip said that the next sfall update won't be out until at least mid October, so I won't be waiting for that. If there really is only about a week left to finish building Mr. Baldie, then I would definitely wait. People do want new player models to play with. Best of luck to your critter makers!

12. ufo_hunter

ufo_hunter First time out of the vault

Feb 29, 2008
    In Broken Hills. At which point do Jacob and Aileen get thrown to jain? I didn't talk to them yet, but they are already in jail. I did find the missing people for Marcus though. Also did Chad, Eric, treasure, scorpion, related stuff.

13. DForge

DForge Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    How many Hardened Power Armors you can get in RP 2.1.2?

I recall the only way was to harden the armor at Shi place. The quest was bugged and you could harden infinite amount of armors... while I think the max amount intended was 2. Since I have 3 human NPCs in my team and since regular Power Armor sucks a bit, I wonder if there are more hardened ones :)

14. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    After solving the "missing people" problem. Jacob and Aileen are imprisoned along with Francis, I think.

15. MaToX

MaToX It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 5, 2009
    It seems that I can`t get thru lasers in the EPA, where the serum and npc`s are :/. I did all the quests and killed all the aliens. What should I do to turn thouse lasers down? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if this is wrong thread.

16. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    Wasn't there a computer right around where that entrance is ? I ran through the place with my science/repair guy without getting into shooting distance from the aliens.

17. MaToX

MaToX It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 5, 2009
    Awww, yes, my bad. :D Thanks for a quick response :).

18. ebbpp

ebbpp First time out of the vault

Sep 8, 2010
    I scoped the topic. I finished the game but had no idea that sunglasses increase your charisma by 1 :shock: . Are there any more items/possibilities to increase basic stats? I only have knowledge of skill perks and computer modules.

19. daviscv23

daviscv23 First time out of the vault

Sep 18, 2010
    Not Sure if a bug or gameplay......

I'm playing a female character, and while at the EPA.....[spoiler:e96ee23e06]I was able to revive both dex and kitsune. Dex did NOT need the ESRI, and after reviving him, I was able to revive Kitsune with the ESRI and add them both to my party. [/spoiler:e96ee23e06] Again, not sure if it's a bug, or a gameplay issue that was okay because I had a female character. I have save games available from before, during and after, inculding one with both in my party. Let me know if you need them. Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I did a clean humongous install, and the 2.1.1 restoration patch. I haven't tried it with the .2 patch, not sure if this was addressed already.

20. killap

May 16, 2005
    @daviscv23
    Sounds like a bug to me. Please post all relevant save games to the RP tech thread - not this one.