Fallout 2: Shattered Destiny

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, May 7, 2005.

1. Jesterka

Jesterka Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 16, 2006
    Cool! This idea has balls! :D

2. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Didn't notice this before, but I love it.
    Great idea and works well within the limits of isometric.

3. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    Lexx you should add the Fan Art to the Propaganda Shield. That People notice was up ;)

4. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It wouldn't make any sense ingame.

Thanks. :) I have also one other scene where you can see the wide wastelands.

5. taag

taag Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 30, 2008
    The mountain view is great but you should increase the upper angle of the mountain, it's too low now.

How did you put that Fallout 3 ad into your mod?

6. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes, the mountain is still work in progress. I have a newer version of it but it is also not the final version... Later I also need to cut a part of it into tiles too, so it will need still lots of time until it is finished, heh.

The ad has nothing todo with Fallout 3. It is from a Fallout 2 wip screen. You can see it here in the background. (Btw. I love this menu background. A shame that they changed it later.)

7. taag

Aug 30, 2008
    Right, I mixed it up with Enclave's ad in Fallout 3. So you managed to recreate the ad although it's not fully visible in that screenshot?

I agree.

8. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    There is some other render screen with a better visible sign (I can not find it at the moment...), I used it for the ad - cutted out the sign, rotated, fitted, etc. and edited it with ps. It looks pretty good ingame. :)

9. taag

Aug 30, 2008
    I'd say it looks like it shipped with the original which says a lot :clap:
    Did you have problems with the brightness (we discussed it a few moths ago) when you exported it to frm?

10. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    No. If you convert the graphics correct, it should look the same ingame. Normally I use ps for saving the graphic in the right bmp format and convert then with FRM Animator to FRM. It works pretty good this way. Don't know how it works with other graphic programs.

11. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    WOW, some one know how i can change the Button position, like in the screen?

12. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    What button?

13. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    oh, sorry i mean the main menu of course.

btw, really nice screen.

14. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    hi,
    this is very pretty mod! i played him for 3 times and i like it.
    (for 1st time, i play roulette with Roulette Pit and... Pit wins in 1st round but i don't have my game saved. =8- )

i noticed 2 small defects:

- i found and rescued Hanna BEFORE meeting with her father, but in the dialog window i have "Your father miss you" option (or something like this). also, "Your name's Hanna, right?" is here, BEFORE i know his real name.
    - everytime when i shooting Dr. Franklin, "you hit Renesco for xx hitpoints" combat-messages are to appear.

..anyway, now i'm looking forward impatiently for the next episode of this story and i wish you good steam. : -)

15. Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 11, 2009
    I installed 1.0.3 version and it windows xp gives the issue "couldn't find/load text fonts"

Edit:

I searched the forum about this issue and managed it.

16. Claude Frollo

Jan 11, 2009
    The game worked and started but. There is no text but in the dialogue box left down corner is just written Error. This happens in the German version. I wanted to play this version.

Then I tried installing English version and it worked. But is not there any way for me to play the german version. My F 2 base is English.

17. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If you use the german version of Fallout 2, just install the latest german version of the mod. If you use the english version of Fallout 2 but want to play the mod in german, you also need to download the latest german version of the mod but also you need to change the text folder "German" to "English". You can find it in /data/text/...

/Edit: Wait, I think this will not be possible because all game data is in the shattered.dat file. You need to download the DatExplorer and extract all data from the *.dat file into your Fallout 2 directory first.

18. Claude Frollo

Jan 11, 2009
    I put it to work

Danke !

19. Claude Frollo

Jan 11, 2009
    I found and installed the Waterchip but I do not have any idea when the game is going to finish. I spent 2 hours. It is very nicely done. Wish it would last longer but I think I did not finish it yet. I don't know what to do else.

V.A.T.S.
    :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIv-gt-1XSw&feature=related

20. earthdude

earthdude First time out of the vault

May 11, 2008
    Hello! I am playing this mod. Very nice.

Someone previously noted the "Error" "Error" dialog bug when talking to Bene after joining the cult. I got that too before playing through again. There is at least one other person that gives an Error dialog, but can't remember off hand.

[spoiler:39d5c6f752]After installing the water chip, I got access to the armory... but all the lockers are empy. Is this a bug or the way it's supposed to be?[/spoiler:39d5c6f752]