Fallout 3 Compendium - Release 12 - Beta v0.6.0.2

Necro- said:
i think your being a bit rash, i mean dubby did give you credit in the readme, and from the getgo f3c is to me a cooperative effort.

It can't be a cooperative effort by people who haven't consented to cooperate. My position is the same, I do not want my mod part of someone else's compiliation, especially after it was included without my knowledge or permission.

I would hope for your sake, that your mod will be compatible with Dubby's in the future, because if people have to choose one or the other.. Well.. Yeah.. That's kind of the idea behind the compilation I thought? But hey you know.. Let's divide the community. That's a better idea.

Actually I would prefer it if all of the changes were in seperate esp's so people could disable the parts they don't want but keep the rest

bhlaab said:
Actually I would prefer it if all of the changes were in seperate esp's so people could disable the parts they don't want but keep the rest

Well that would be good but i think he is making it all working together turning 1 thing off might screaw something up...

@quetzilla i was thinking...and your overreacting why? well i like your traits but its nothing major so its good it was added into bigger mod earlier i dident even had idea your traits existed...

And now you think i have no idea what im talking about well actually i have i did map mod for EU3 and this other guy made other map mod using my files + idea but i dident get mad he writed my name in credits im just happy he did becouse his map is better...after all were doing mods to improve games not to gain something from it...

quetzilla said:
Necro- said:
i think your being a bit rash, i mean dubby did give you credit in the readme, and from the getgo f3c is to me a cooperative effort.

It can't be a cooperative effort by people who haven't consented to cooperate. My position is the same, I do not want my mod part of someone else's compiliation, especially after it was included without my knowledge or permission.

Hm, well, if you want, I'll remove the mention of your credit and redo the traits. I've already written a trait selection script and modified several of them for balance reasons, as well as started on adding more traits based on several from arcanum. *shrug*

Whether or not you're interested in the fame and attention from the nexus & bethesda forums is your business. I'm not interested in any of that fame, which is why comments & ratings are disabled on the upload. The F3C is here to do what really matters - to fix fallout 3, period.

Dubby said:
I've already written a trait selection script and modified several of them for balance reasons, as well as started on adding more traits based on several from arcanum. *shrug*

Well all i can say i dont see point in removing those traits why?

Becouse if you done them from scratch they would look almost the same if not identical and he cant say he invented them becouse they are from F2...

Any way im waiting for new traits from arcanum :) and i would love AP system for everyone not only player...

Dubby said:
Hm, well, if you want, I'll remove the mention of your credit and redo the traits. I've already written a trait selection script and modified several of them for balance reasons, as well as started on adding more traits based on several from arcanum. *shrug*

Whether or not you're interested in the fame and attention from the nexus & bethesda forums is your business. I'm not interested in any of that fame, which is why comments & ratings are disabled on the upload. The F3C is here to do what really matters - to fix fallout 3, period.

I'm not interested in any 'fame' or whatnot. Like I said, I think you're doing something good with this, you just need to ask people's permission before you go including their work in something they didn't agree to be part of.

Question doctors no longer can heal radiation? and no longer any one sell rad away?

Sorry i cheaked read me but i dident find anything about it...

So im wondering how to treat radiation? even Doc Hof dont sell rad away...

Some docs sell rad away, some don't. it's more or less a random thing. You can also find radaway in many places, and usually in first aid boxes.

Dubby said:
Some docs sell rad away, some don't. it's more or less a random thing. You can also find radaway in many places, and usually in first aid boxes.

Great i wanted to play slow now i need to speed up :) they dont sell in Megaton i even waited fev days for restock...i cheak other places...

About finding radaway in many places true but it will end some day...so its not option...

And dont take it wrong way your doing great just giving heads up...

gregor_y said:
Dubby said:

Great i wanted to play slow now i need to speed up :) they dont sell in Megaton i even waited fev days for restock...i cheak other places...

About finding radaway in many places true but it will end some day...so its not option...

And dont take it wrong way your doing great just giving heads up...

there's many many other ways to get radaway through item-trading repeatable quests, and they -are- purchasable from stores.

Dubby,

I like you mod but I am waiting for it to be modular to use it full time. In the mean time I'm trying out a few of your ideas in a esp I made. I made tagged skills give 2 points per one and lowered the tag! perk requirement to bring things more in line with FO1&2. Problem I am having is now Tag! shows up twice in the perk list and only the original one works. Any ideas where I screwed up?

never mind.

I got it ... working perfectly now.

Skills point 5+Intelligence
Tagged skills get 5 points plus double added points.
Tag! perk now working at level 12.

Just like FO1&2

gregor_y said:
<snip> and i would love AP system for everyone not only player...

npcs *have* an AP value, but it's always, always zero... meaning, they don't use it. to get npcs to use AP would require overhauling all the combat ai in the game.

Dubby said:
npcs *have* an AP value, but it's always, always zero... meaning, they don't use it. to get npcs to use AP would require overhauling all the combat ai in the game.

Damn...any way thx for explaining...

Maybe someone will come up with something...any way if it would be possible it would be cool if AP was used for everything like walking,running,crouch,jump etc it would be kinda mix betwean final fantasy combat and x-com...ehh im dreaming :(

Update: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=794

This is beta r006, version 0.4.4.3

What's new?

This:
*Traits now selected via pop-up menu
*Level 2 & Level 4 Perks now restricted to even-numbered levels only
*Fixed Blackhawk & Lincoln's Repeater Rifle
*Improved R&G AP script
*Fixed Reservist's rifle & Victory rifle
*Added Magneto Laser Pistol & Magneto Laser Rifle
*Lucky Harith, Doc Hoff, Crazy Wolfgang, Crow and their caravan crews are now essential
*Bloody Mess... is messier
*Jump mechanics have been slightly tweaked for comfort

Their chance of dying in a fight goes up exponentially the closer you are to them in the wild. unfortunately, most of the time you will have absolutely no idea they're even anywhere near you - let alone within visual range. This has to do with cell loading. Basically as you level up, the chance of all the caravan traders dying increases exponentially - you also have no idea where they died, and will likely -never- find their body. If too many corpses get loaded after this, theirs gets removed and you lose that possibility forever.

In other words, it's silly that Harkness & Victoria are essential, but caravaners aren't. Caravaners won't be essential forever, but for the time being, this is the best kind of fix I can do.

Hm.. From my limited understanding.. is it because of how the game levels characters up with you? I heard someplace that once you visit an area, that areas NPC's and enemies and whatnot are adjusted to your level permanently, so if you met the caravans at lvl 5, they themselves would be level 5 for the rest of the game, since they'd never die? But randomly spawning critters and enemies in an 'area' of the map will be re-tuned to your level and might potentially kill the weak caravanners?

That's all highly guess-work on my part though I actually have no idea how it works. : p

xRei said:
Hm.. From my limited understanding.. is it because of how the game levels characters up with you? I heard someplace that once you visit an area, that areas NPC's and enemies and whatnot are adjusted to your level permanently, so if you met the caravans at lvl 5, they themselves would be level 5 for the rest of the game, since they'd never die? But randomly spawning critters and enemies in an 'area' of the map will be re-tuned to your level and might potentially kill the weak caravanners?

That's all highly guess-work on my part though I actually have no idea how it works. : p

Maybe, I'm also doing guess work. But from my experience with my own changes... the caravaners die off sooner than they did in vanilla f3... much sooner. I'd like to make an option for the caravan chief to buy extra guards for a merchant, but that's later on down the road. In the mean time, they'll just have to settle with being essential.

Back