Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

It's definitely t45-d, just slightly redesigned and possibly, in the actual setting of the game, modified/customized by someone (someone had been working on it, at least, judging by its state). There's also a mostly faithful t51b model in the trailer, worn by a dude on what looks like a vertibird. I'm going to be optimistic and assume that guy is *not* from the BoS, because they are hardly the only faction to use that armor.

* Graphically it's sort of underwhelming. It's not bad, but it reminds me of the first showing of Destiny, except with worse animations. When put against other comparable open-world titles like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 simply doesn't look up to snuff.

Graphically, Witcher 1 probably looked better than that trailer. Animations are choppy as all hell, poor dog.

Also, WTF is with all the steampunk shit? Jesus H. Christ, someone give Failthesda a link to the Vault so they can read up on the setting *sigh*

Some people have suggested that Power Armor customization could be a mechanics as the dude in the t51b seems to have pieces of other armor and they focused on that Garage with the modified armor. Could be interesting.

People complaining about the resolution of the dog, I have a question. If Fallout 4 was be created by the revived Black Isle/Interplay crew, and was made in the Minecraft engine, but with the intense and interactive narrative of the original fallouts, we will still having this debate?

Wow, that's a really interesting idea to float around! Like to hear more reaction.

It's has parts from different models mixed. Maybe we will upgrade/customize power armors in F4?
e: I didn't see your posts

They finally got it right. Knobs on the left side were illogical.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, the guy on the Vertibird's arm does look like it comes from another armor model. So I guess it is possible they actually implemented a power armor customization mechanic.

I wonder how many people will be overly impressed by the "entering the outside world moment" at 1:35.

It's definitely t45-d, just slightly redesigned and possibly, in the actual setting of the game, modified/customized by someone (someone had been working on it, at least, judging by its state). There's also a mostly faithful t51b model in the trailer, worn by a dude on what looks like a vertibird. I'm going to be optimistic and assume that guy is *not* from the BoS, because they are hardly the only faction to use that armor.

Ah, had a feeling it was T45-d. Just the guy upgrading it threw me off. I saw the T51b as well, but not to sure what to make of it myself. Certainly hope it isn't the BoS. I did notice the shadow figures at 1:44 seem to look like Super Mutants. The cage behind them seems to point to this as well. I'm actually glad to see that Boston seems to have power and actual civilization.

Not sure about the PA customization mechanic; maybe Its just the way PA will look in the game. A design chocie to show people making ad hoc repairs to PA becasue of a scarcity of components/ manufacturing facilities. This is all speculation mind you.

It's Bethesda, so don't expect any continuity or logical consistency or depth and expect them to make up whatever nonsense they want to fit whatever they are trying to do and appeals to broad mainstream audience and you'll be fine. They've made Fallout theirs, largely ignoring what existed before or changing it to fit their ends and made a bunch of money doing so and they made Skyrim the way it was with similar success, so there is no reason for them to not continue down those paths, even if it's not to my taste.

Last edited:
I wonder if Betheseda will finally add a pause tactical camera like Dragon Age... You know, at least give Old School Fans something. I'd love a more tactical view to order around followers in combat situations. I've grown tired of games by Bethesda though, I got completely bored with Oblivion and Skyrim, never finished them.. same thing happened with FO3, I just got extremely bored with it and felt it had tried too hard to have the same wit/humor and decent writing as FO1/2. I enjoyed the hell out of inXile's Wasteland 2 though and finished a playthrough.

Last edited:

Ah, had a feeling it was T45-d. Just the guy upgrading it threw me off. I saw the T51b as well, but not to sure what to make of it myself. Certainly hope it isn't the BoS. I did notice the shadow figures at 1:44 seem to look like Super Mutants. The cage behind them seems to point to this as well. I'm actually glad to see that Boston seems to have power and actual civilization.

Kinda seems like one is a human and one is a super mutant - gauging from how they walk and look on my screen.

Also, the skyscrapers look to be a various states of repair with a similar material. Could be a decent vertical world in this game.

Last edited:
From what I can see from the trailer they haven't improved the character models or engine at all. I predict all the problems we had with Fallout 3's gameplay will be the same here.

It's Bethesda, so don't expect any continuity or logical consistency or depth and expect them to make up whatever nonsense they want to fit whatever they are trying to do and appeals to broad mainstream audience and you'll be fine. They've made Fallout theirs, largely ignoring what existed before or changing it to fit their ends and made a bunch of money doing so and they made Skyrim the way it was with similar success, so there is no reason for them to not continue down those paths, even if it's not to my taste.

Well, you really can't let something as silly like ... lore or canon get in the way of fun! Pfff! Story. Debth? Who cares, when you're on the roller coaster of exploding heads.

Some people have suggested that Power Armor customization could be a mechanics as the dude in the t51b seems to have pieces of other armor and they focused on that Garage with the modified armor. Could be interesting.
Indeed. Here is a better "screenshot" of the workshop from beth

47158_2_0.jpg

* Graphically it's sort of underwhelming. It's not bad, but it reminds me of the first showing of Destiny, except with worse animations. When put against other comparable open-world titles like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 simply doesn't look up to snuff.

I agree. Although it is still a huge improvement over FO3, and i'd rather have an underwhelming early trailer then underwhelming gameplay i.e.
VGX-Witcher-3-Trailer-533x600.png

Also looks isn't everything, I assume that FO4 engine will offer modding support at least as good as its predecessor.

Last edited:

Kinda seems like one is a human and one is a super mutant - gauging from how they walk and look on my screen.

Also, the skyscrapers look to be a various states of repair with a similar material. Could be a decent vertical world in this game.

I can see that as well. It could be either one at this point. But yeah, seem civilization come back to a degree would be a welcome change IMO. I'm sure they'll have a huge info dump come E3 for sure.

It's amazing. I've actually become less hyped about the game after seeing the trailer.

Back to Wasteland 2 and New Vegas I go then.

Was just rewatching the trailer with pause. There is clearly a scene right outside a baseball stadium, with a baseball player statue in front of it, followed by the next scene which shows a makeshift town. One of the stores in the town clearly says Diamond City on it.

Probably refers to a Baseball Diamond?

Sounds like maybe Fenway Park in Boston was converted into a makeshift city called Diamond City?

Back