Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jun 3, 2015.

1. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Vault Senior Citizen

Mar 16, 2013
    I'll give this game a chance if the protagonist isn't voiced/an established character and we get to create our own blank slate like in 1/2/NV (and sort of FO3).

From what I gathered from the trailer, it's gonna have several locations that rate high on the "Cool" factor, but rate low on the "Does this make any sense at all" meter.

I do like the art style though, very neat. Would suit isometric better though.

2. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
    www.gamefaqs.com is that way.

I'm sure they would enjoy your critical analysis of logical consistency more than us.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Do you guys think those things running at the screen are redesigned Feral Ghouls or some "crazed android" enemy type?

4. AlphaPromethean

Mar 16, 2013
    Poorly designed Ghouls, almost certainly. I believe you hear one of them growl/gurgle in the trailer.

Also, can I say how nice it is that Fallout 4 has given NMA one hell of a kick back to life? We were slipping into the abyss for a moment there, now there's this.

5. mdf_365

mdf_365 Wasteland Pleb

Jun 2, 2015
    Ghouls (I think) but could be synths skinned like ghouls - which could be cool too

6. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    But their animations are exactly like feral ghouls'

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  7. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I mean because. while you can barely make out their facial features because how fast the scene goes and the lighting of the place but they had glowy eyes, and I don't think Ghouls have ever had glowy eyes so that makes me think they might be robotic enemies.

8. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Or just some random type of zombi-like mutant.

9. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    They might be some failed androids, clones, results of experiments or maybe something like stroggs from Quake? Or even your typical, everyday zombies, who knows what Beth is up to. But my bet is on redesigned feral ghouls.

10. ExplodesLikeABloodSausage

ExplodesLikeABloodSausage lol

May 11, 2006
    My bet is on re-skinned ghouls, or ghouls with a different power than the two types we found in previous fallouts

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. djmani

djmani Banned

Jun 5, 2015
    If I make a petition to have Todd Howard be The Vault Dweller.. Will you guys help me promote it??

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
    Only if you pork barrel a rider onto the petition to have Three Dog a companion NPC.

Man, I love that crazy goof. "I'm threeeee dogggggg, awooooooooo"

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. djmani

djmani Banned

Jun 5, 2015
    Oh Yes 3 Dawgz yo! oh and pipboy is actually my Butt-Plug in this game

14. semajnollissor

semajnollissor First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2011
    My main fear with this new game is the possibility that the game engine will be so different from the one used in Skyrim that it will be difficult for modders to leverage the work done for all of the mods made for Skyrim.

It seems to me that Fallout is already at a disadvantage with regards to modding compared to Skyrim and Oblivion due to it not being as popular in Asia where a lot of the mods originate. The combination of a smaller player base and a more difficult mod development environment would result in fewer mods than even Fallout 3 has.

I can forgive crappy writing and broken logic, at least during my initial runs through the game. The prospect of not being able to fix certain things, like a menu system designed for consoles instead of a PC, or the borderline deformed NPC faces that seem to be created by randomizer, would make the game essentially unplayable.

I mean it's one thing for the game to be analogous to a bad movie or book, having the game actively annoy you as part of its basic interface is an entirely different level of bad.

15. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think they'd use anything but the Creation Engine. And even if not, they'd still go for full mod support. They know that mods are the main appeal of their games, it's non-negotiable.

16. AlphaPromethean

Mar 16, 2013
    Mods? Don't you mean Third-Party DLC™?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. djmani

djmani Banned

Jun 5, 2015
    It would be even more Epic-Ness if my Vault Dweller as Todd Howard idea had super-powers like "Handi-Man" (In Living Color)
    It would be super immersuve. Hard-core modes like farting, changing ur diaper, cleaning drool spillz,
    He fights Ninjas, Zombies, Gangbangers, Demons,
    the main plot could be Janitor that turns to Messiah and saves the immersuve world from magical cyborg steampunk dragons.

[h=2][/h]

18. AlphaPromethean

Mar 16, 2013
    Todd Howard's Vault Dweller would also have voiced lines, but they'd only be variations of the phrase "See that mountain? You can climb it."

"See that corpse? You can loot it."
    "See that Vault? You can leave it."
    "See that Power Armour? You can wear it."
    "See that meaningful choice? You can't make it."

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  19. semajnollissor

semajnollissor First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2011
    Well, that would be a problem, too, but it seems like Steam and Bethesda are drifting back away from that kind of thing.

I have more confidence that free mods will be the norm than I have for fallout 4 being as readily moddable as skyrim.

20. AlphaPromethean

Mar 16, 2013
    Paid mods are certainly coming back in some form,they were testing the waters and the result was bad. They'll find a way to loosen it up a bit, give it a new coat of paint and sell it to everyone in a way that's "acceptable".

Fallout 4 is the perfect platform for the return of paid mods.