Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    Is it true that Emil is lead designer?

I guess this is good now. So he will focus more on gameplay and stuff rather than story. He did story in FO3 and it sucked.

2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It is probably the same level of bad. As lead designer his hands are everywhere.

3. Continental Op

Continental Op First time out of the vault

Jun 3, 2015
    Well, I would say tongue in cheek. Its a parody of patriotism and all that. I don't like it personally, if only because they removed the quest to get its power source. Would have made slightly more sense then. Its both in that respect. Its a silly concept made for fun, but it's exceution made it seem like Beth just wanted the robot to come to life regardless. It could have been used in the final quest, but I would have preferred the cut quest as well, which seems like a piss take of many action movies with robots or army projects that aid the protagonist, because it ends up taking the core of a nuclear aircraft carrier to power it, being horribly cost ineffecient. Which I think is sort of the problem with a lot of the concepts in FO3. Bad execution.

4. ToddIsMyHeroTESRulez

ToddIsMyHeroTESRulez Banned

Jun 6, 2015
    I wonder if i will be able to Roleplay an Pedophile-Crossdressing-CyberGhoul Or Android Mage Death Claw?
    TransGender Alchemist Android Barbarian..

TES - Rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. djmani

djmani Banned

Jun 5, 2015
    Todd Howard: In Fallout 3 there will be an "unlimited number of super mutants." He added that super mutants will "be dynamically generated, and will be able to attack you almost anywhere.”

01: Fuck you, Dad! (Part 1)
    What: The game begins with your useless player character ass getting born. You come out of your mom. Your dad shambles forward to you and his words upon seeing what his ballsack managed to produce is "let's see... are you a boy, or a girl?" You are now given the choice to choose between penis and vagina.
    Problem: Can you write a less obnoxious fourth wall-breaking shit line, Bethesda?
    Solution: Omit that fucking line entirely, or send it back to the writer nailed to his child's forehead.

I still agree

Attached Files:

6. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    I'm fairly certain Emil will be back on writing duties, as he did win an award for it lol. I'm also curious to see what they show at E3. I'm kinda hoping the Vertibirds and Power Armor belong to the Institute, but I have a feeling that yes, we'll be seeing the Brotherhood again, probably under Sarah Lyons leadership. Now, I wouldn't mind the Outcasts showing up as they where dreadfully under developed in FO3.

7. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    In-game character creation is always kinda awkward. I sure hope Fallout 4 will re-introduce pre-game character creation, although the chance of that happening is rather slim.
    They have been doing the in-game creation since Morrowind, no reason to change that.

Is it just me or does Todd Howard sometimes sound like the Rob Liefeld of game design?

8. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    No man! Imershun is everything! In Fallout 4 you won't be just born, you will be kicking your way out of your mothers womb. Just like a Xenomorph.

I still can't believe that he worked on the Thief series though.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. megafallout3fan

megafallout3fan First time out of the vault

Jun 6, 2015
    I'm so glad it's going to be nothing like that horrible game called Fallout New Vegas it had fun new game elements but the story was soooo boring and the WORLD WAS COMPLETE TRASH. The world in Fallout 4 look soo freaking detailed and the story will be interesting with the institute. I don't know who's idea it was for the main plot to be about the hoover damn stupidest story decision in any game ever. I'm so glad Bethesda are going back to their fallout roots. They changed this game for the better honestly because I played Fallout 1 and the game bored me to death.

10. Todd Howard's #1 Fan

Todd Howard's #1 Fan First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    mhmm ... I wish I could give you some negative radiation.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Nah, it's a way too lame attempt at trolling. Not worthy any special attention.

13. baszermaszer

baszermaszer First time out of the vault

Aug 29, 2013
    This trailer is okayish and makes me feel not much and I don't want to delve into the Bethesda-crap Fallout 3 world at all, I'm so happy avoiding Fallout3 and not wasting a second of my life on it.

But the Bards Tale VI trailer is waaay better: fantasy world and unbelievable graphics! :D Also party based and a new phase system, instead of static turns I hope will turn out Final fantasytastical! :D

14. megafallout3fan

megafallout3fan First time out of the vault

Jun 6, 2015
    I am also Todd Howards #1 fan I think he is almost as good as Neil Druckmann imo.

15. Daemon Spawn

Daemon Spawn Old Warrior of the Wastes

May 15, 2003
    Let's see how the E3 reveal goes before making any snap decisions. Depending on how the E3 show goes, I might have to give up on the Fallout series for good. (Or I'll give in to my greedy inner child and end up playing the game anyways haha). Let's hope for the best, plan for the worst, and expect something in between.

*Fingers crossed but not holding breath*

16. _Maax_

_Maax_ Hideous Freak

Jun 6, 2015
    I think you guys are being too harsh, this new iteration of the Fallout franchise might have similar award winning prose as was displayed in Fallout 3. Where the protagonist has to commit suicide because a certain super mutant companion wouldn't or couldn't subject himself to radiation. :V

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. ToddIsMyHeroTESRulez

ToddIsMyHeroTESRulez Banned

Jun 6, 2015
    I looked all over the internet and analyzed the videos. YOU ALL FAIL HARD
    Nobody heard the sound of Todd Howard rolling in cash like scrooge., the sound of credit cards swiping and digital transactions could be heard in the video.

18. _Maax_

_Maax_ Hideous Freak

Jun 6, 2015
    One can only hope but I have the feeling the beyond corny Brotherhood of Steel will prevail, otherwise Broken Steel wouldn't have completely invalidated the Enclave endings in the vanilla game.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    As long as the Enclave is finally dead for fucking good.

20. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Abalutza oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm actually hoping for some Fallout Tactics references. I liked the one bit of dialog they had about them (Midwest BoS) in New Vegas.

• [Like] [Like] x 1