Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Robb Stark

Robb Stark Wasteland Survivor

May 12, 2015
    Both fanboys are bad imo. As both Fo3 fanbois and Fo 1/2 fanbois can be ignorant. But honestly NMA gets a bad rap as Fo3 haters. Sure the game isn't popular here but most people aren't dicks about it.

All fanbois are bad

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. djmani

djmani Banned

Jun 5, 2015
    What if Fallout 4 has such an Epic story like Todd Howard as the Vault Dweller that is cryo frozen and time travels with Dr. Who to the Land of Tamriel to find out that not only is The Bethesda Chosen One the Vault Dweller but also the Dragonborn of Tamriel at same time. But it doesn't stop there while on his Travels with Dr. Who they stop in Germany for some Wolfenstein pwnage

Aside from..All my jokes about Todd Howard being The Vault Dweller because of his egotistical wiping his ass of fallout world.
    He even admitted in some Fallout interview that TES is boring generic world and Fallout is well thought out.
    iso-metric/rpg vs fps/rpg vs 1994 vs 2015+ should not matter in the game as long as its true to The world Tim and his crew created.

Question is....
    Why do so many Fallout 3(Todd.0 version) N00bs say well Bethesda owns Fallout and the IP "suck it up" "iso-metric fanboy" blah blah blah.
    Those same types of clowns say things like "who plays fallout for the lore" "i don't care about lore as long as things to shoot up and lootz"
    "immersion and moar immersion"

Yet those same types of people are complaining about the fallout 4 "immersion", art direction and graphics, the built up cities, oh and if the main character is voiced, character creation.. blah blah.

Oh WAIT...it's Todd "role-playing for retards" Howard IP now so he can do what he wants....

Do The Fallout 3(Todd.0 ver)Retard N00bs don't really realize they are in a way bitching about consistency.... er.... "Lore"

Sounds pretty hypocritical....

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    I feel it's well known that by reading Youtube comments, you're putting your own sanity and peace of mind at risk. People are out to rip the throats out of anyone who dares disagree with them there. And people just love blindly hopping aboard any hype train that comes into the station. Granted, I'm looking forward to seeing how things will progress from here, but the fact that Fallout 4 is already... 4th on Steam's best selling after only a few days, seems to at least tell me that a lot of people are just running with whatever is thrown to them.

4. ChildServices

ChildServices Banned

May 22, 2015
    Skyrim didn't sell because it was oversimplified; Skyrim sold because a hugeass picture of the Dragonborn was on every single bus and in every single subway tunnel across the country. They could've just as easily re-released something as complicated as Oblivion (heh) and it would've still sold like it was going out of fashion. There's no such thing as a hardcore game, only a good game with a neglected marketing budget. The Souls games still sell like crack in Detroit and yet they're supposedly ultra-difficult grindfests.

The reason Skyrim is shit is because they don't really care. All of their good writers have either left or been fired and anybody they had that made Morrowind has probably suffered the exact same fate. Not only that but it has nothing to do with consoles since Morrowind was released on the original Xbox as well and everybody seems to love that game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    Hey, stop piling on Todd for pumping out shallow, soulless, corporate, dumbed-down, cookie-cutter console wankfests that pander to the ADD crowd.

6. Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor dear god, the scrapping

Apr 18, 2015
    Agree on that, though I'm insane so that may explain why I look down at the comments on every video.

7. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Egad!

Do I need to get a crucifix and start screaming "The power of Christ compels you?" You've obviously got some demons!

8. WittyUsername

WittyUsername First time out of the vault

Mar 13, 2015
    Out of curiosity, where does something like Liberty Prime fit in with this type of thing? I imagine most disliked it here, understandably. I disliked a lot of Fallout 3 after playing the original series (used to love it, but after seeing what's wrong for myself, yeah.) What's odd is that I used to dislike the giant robot concept in my original playthrough, but after I played the originals, my opinion sorta shifted.

It doesn't seem like it's meant to be taken seriously at all. It's a giant, foot-ball throwing, over-the-top commie hating robot. In a way, I do feel like it fits in with some of the canon whackier elements of Fallout lore. But maybe it shouldn't have had the big placement it did.

9. semajnollissor

semajnollissor First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2011
    I assume the Bethesda presentation at E3 will touch on the game engine, whether it's an evolved creation kit, or some new ID tech derived thing.

Can anyone tell me how the gamebyo engine change from oblivion to fallout 3, or between fallout NV and Skyrim? My guess is that whatever feature people bitched the most about Skyrim not having (whatever it is) will finally get grafted in for fallout 4. Then people will bitch about that being 4 yrs too late and then bitch that the engine doesn't include some newer thing.

It's really too bad that game companies feel like they have to rely on console sales, because some of them use it as an excuse to slack off on the graphics side.

10. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Half-way Through My Half-life

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't think so. They seem hell bent on making an ego-trip of every title, and making the most servile and simplified product possible; to ensure that no one sees the content and draws a blank, or gets mad at the game. They try to make it pitifully simple ~or uncommonly...optional; (which means meaningless), for the specific reason of selling the to least mentality. They outright refuse to allow lies from NPCs; they go to absurd lengths to prevent surprise outcomes... the games cannot surprise you, because they won't allow it. All they are concerned with is maintaining the semi-static sandbox indefinitely; RPG aspect be damned.

Look at the hack job they did on the Fallout setting, many steps down from Fallout 2... Simplification for the elevator pitch of what Fallout's about... And anything that complicated that, got cut. So now we have a stagnant 1950's world with anachronistic technology, populated by lunatics... Instead of a future inspired by their fear, ignorance, and guesstimates of what was to come... and that the physical laws of their world bend to their awe and faith (and stupidity) about radiation and the atom bomb, and all things nuclear...

There are Reviewers that believed the game was set in the 1950's; and there are multitudes that actually believe that if it wasn't from the 50's it never happened in Fallout. :crazy:
    Darn right they simplified it.

But this is true enough; quite.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Vault Maker

Vault Maker Vault-Tec Cartographer

Jun 27, 2006
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> What I'm most looking forward to in Fallout 4 is that the criogenic plotline and pre-war scenes are actually about the dog. In a brilliantly realized mid-game plot twist it is revealed that the dog is an Institute android cyber-dog. A pre-war dog was frozen, revived, brain-scooped, and the brain put into the cyber dog.

Once this is established, if you don't like your mandatory fully-voiced male caucasoid character, you can choose to play through to the endgame as the dog, so the annoying yappy guy in the vault suit is just another follower NPC.

"We realized we had game assets from New Vegas for dog bowls, dog treats, and dog toys, so this idea was a slam dunk!" -Todd Howard

Naturally the dog is also a specially trained "Cainine" that hunts down rogue cyber-dogs.

And, no, not as in Tim.

12. Todd Howard's #1 Fan

Todd Howard's #1 Fan First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2009
    Alll abooooard!

Attached Files:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Vault11

Vault11 Banned

May 23, 2015
    Personally, Liberty Prime is my favorite thing about Fallout 3. If I had to choose something to appear in another game, or give kudos to Bethesda for creativity and originality, Liberty Prime is it. Even the name screams intentionally cheesy, straight out of some old Coleman Francis flick.

While advertising almost certainly helps (can't save duds though), Skyrim was obviously designed (gameplay wise) primarily for dudebros who played Call of Duty and Madden and didn't even know what an RPG was. You got to take an axe, hit stuff with it, and become more powerful constantly. While there were elements from past games and some fan service, the actual gameplay was meant to hook FPS fans into playing an RPG without even realizing that's what it was. I myself may be over simplifying here, but you get my sentiment, don't you? It wasn't the traditional RPG audience that propelled Skyrim to those massive numbers alone.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Half-way Through My Half-life

Nov 26, 2007
    Since 2008.

15. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    @Caeo:
    There's free demoversion of Underrail on indiedb.com, just grab it and check out for yourself! It was love at first sight for me, got hooked immediately. Sci-fi, post-apo setting, mechanics heavily inspired by Fallout, lovely minimalistic graphics with fixed camera angle. Note that early build on indiedb.com is obsolete now, there's a lot of improvements in actual version. As for Age of Decadence, I haven't played it yet, looks like a top-notch RPG (mechanics wise) to me anyway.

16. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Bethesda makes RPGs for people that don't like RPGs in the first place. They are like the Mc Donalds of gaming.

17. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    I enjoyed Skyrim as a stealth game (with tons of mods, of course) with some RPG elements, kinda like Deus Ex HR. But it's true, Skyrim is not much of an RPG game, I didn't feel like my actions have much impact on the world and it's really simplified. I didn't even finish it, I gave up in that cave before the final boss, because I didn't feel like going through another boring, generic maze just to have a fight my character is not supposed to have, because he was only good in stealth (I didn't have any armor, just rags, to limit myself from going all rambo. It was fun). Still, the vanilla game is all about going around with a big sword killing stuff. Maybe this is what TES series is all about, I don't know.
    If they go this way with Fallout 4, of course I will be dissapointed, but on the other hand - I don't expect anything great. I expect something tolerable. Maybe I will be surprised. I just hope it won't be as stupid as F3. Writing in Skyrim wasn't so bad and Skyrim is surely a big step up from Oblivion, so I am of good cheer, but cautiously.

Thanks! I've been waiting for this game for quite some time and I really forgot about it.

18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    "Fantasy, for us, is a knight on horseback running around and killing things." ~ Todd Howard

*And considering a few other quotes, he is dead serious about it.

19. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    So has there been any news, or are you pansies still suckling on bethesdas tits for 27 pages?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. fred2

fred2 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 2, 2013
    A nice alternative trailer that should appeal more to NMAers. Once again I am amazed how so little can do so much ..