Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

Enclave? I didn't see any Enclave, that Vertibird could just be a vehicle one of the factions has in store. At least I hope it is, no more fucking Enclave.
I think it was shown only in the pre war POV part of the trailer, and I agree it is safe to assume that Vertibird were common before the war (at least in the military), and while the Enclave was well stocked, it doesn't mean it is the only faction that acquired air assets.

I have a lot of thoughts about this:

For one I really appreciate the new art style. The scenery looks gorgeous, although I have to say some of the texture quality for the dog and the MC seemed a bit off to me.

That giant floating blimp looks... a little out there, but if we're dealing with the institute then sure, I'll be down to ride in one of those bad boys.

The new robot looks funky :D

It's very reminiscent of F03. The raiders in the supermarket, the BOS armour, even the locale. Again, very interesting.

I really hope the Enclave and BOS don't play a big part in this game. The Institute sounds interesting. Let them drive the plot.

Looks like we're getting voice acting. I'll be honest, I'm pretty worried if this turns out to be the case. I loved all the dialogue options in the other game, with voice acting we might lose that variety. Worst case scenario is we'll get something similar the Angry/Nice Guy/Sarcasm wheel from DA2, which will suck colossal dick.

All in all I'm excited. Really excited. Even the worst FO game is a still a very damn good game. Even though I do have my concerns I think it's gonna turn out amazing.

I love how everyone's already like "this isn't anything like Fallout!" and "this sucks!" and you haven't even seen any gameplay or anything outside the trailer. But let's be honest though, you probably wouldn't have considered any of that information anyway. Haters gonna hate. I think it looks awesome. The world seems much more varied and alive than 3.

To be honest, it at least looks interesting as a hiking simulator. Let's hope there are no androids or Enclave, or voiced protagonist and it can be a good base for the next Obsidian Fallout and it could be fun for a romp at least.
Another Vault Dweller, I guess the first mod I am installing is an alternate start one....

I liked the ink spots song (and the fact all their songs have the same intro riff), and the daytime stuff looked slick, but they lost me with the airship.

I mean, sure, in a world that ran out of gas, airships make sense, it's just that they come off as more steam punk than retro 50s kitsch. Also, the sailing ship with rocket engines? Groan.

Just because bio shock used Great American songbook tunes too doesn't mean that bio shock setting = fallout setting.

Oh well, hopefully there people will make good mods for it.

Watching that trailer, one thing is for sure, Bethesda do not understand the world or tone of Fallout at all.

They clearly understand how to get people excited for a new game though.

And a voiced protagonist? In Fallout? Ugh.

And Troy Baker too. Double ugh. :|

You guys seriously have no idea how much I hate Troy Baker's voice. It just grates on my ears every time I hear it. Ugh.

I love how everyone's already like "this isn't anything like Fallout!" and "this sucks!" and you haven't even seen any gameplay or anything outside the trailer. But let's be honest though, you probably wouldn't have considered any of that information anyway. Haters gonna hate. I think it looks awesome. The world seems much more varied and alive than 3.
Haha, not sure what you were expecting, Korin. It's "Fallout 3 again!" For fans of Fallout 3, that's awesome, but you're on No Mutants Allowed.

216 users in one thread. Looks like this trailer has brought some life back into this forum at least :P

Hey no hate for Troy Baker, he is a good voice actor, it's just that they over use him for the same voice way too much. The guy has range but they aren't allowing him to use it.

Well, I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out, at least. Not sure if it was absolutely confirmed anywhere else, but I'm pretty glad to see the rumors were right and that it takes place in and around Boston.

That, and it seems like a large enough city to be interesting, one that's been mostly civilized, by the looks of it. Which I know some would feel goes against what Fallout is, but just sort of makes sense to me, that long after the war.

Only thing I'd be worried about is a voiced protagonist... but so long as they don't go the Mass Effect route, and have an option to choose from and then have the character go off on a wildly different tangent, I'd probably download a mod to turn it off.

Haha, not sure what you were expecting, Korin. It's "Fallout 3 again!" For fans of Fallout 3, that's awesome, but you're on No Mutants Allowed.

All you've got is a trailer though. Everything else is just speculation. You don't have anything to base it on being "Fallout 3 again", other than it's... first-person? You start in a vault and get a dog? Maybe wait to see what the actual gameplay and quests/dialogue are like and then we'll really know whether they took a lesson from Obsidian. I think people forget how cartoon-y F1/F2 were sometimes. Rose-coloured glasses and all that.

It seems Vault 111 has a floor door? I don't know but the town with the guy in the trenchcoat could mean a quest hub with reactive stuff, a guy can dream, right?

If the E3 leak said that the trailer was produced by a 3rd party company, it might not mean that the PC is voiced. It would be jarring to hear a disembodied voice since most people play in 1st person.

Other than that, the color scheme is nice, and if it goes for neon-western, I can dig it.

All you've got is a trailer though. Everything else is just speculation. You don't have anything to base it on being "Fallout 3 again", other than it's... first-person? You start in a vault and get a dog? Maybe wait to see what the actual gameplay and quests/dialogue are like and then we'll really know whether they took a lesson from Obsidian. I think people forget how cartoon-y F1/F2 were sometimes. Rose-coloured glasses and all that.

:lmao:

All you've got is a trailer though. Everything else is just speculation.
By that measure, you should be lecturing people getting excited by this trailer as well, since we don't know anything about the game itself? If people are "allowed" to get excited by conclusions they draw from the trailer, they should also feel free to go the other way, really? That's kind of the point of a trailer, there's not just one valid type of response.

All you've got is a trailer though. Everything else is just speculation.
By that measure, you should be lecturing people getting excited by this trailer as well, since we don't know anything about the game itself? If people are "allowed" to get excited by conclusions they draw from the trailer, they should also feel free to go the other way, really? That's kind of the point of a trailer, there's not just one valid type of response.

He sounds like a gamefaqs fallout 3 fanboy.

Back