Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

On a positive note, I did kinda like the guys on the radio talking about the bombs dropping as well as the news about Vault-Tec's expanded business.

Hey guys a heads up, don't pay attention to obvious trolls, you are not standing up for morality and righteousness, you are just being easy prey for cheap laughs....

Sometimes I come on this forum to discuss the older fallouts but it's threads like these that immediately make me want to leave.

Last edited:
At this point, it's almost hopeless. I think we'll save ourselves a lot of headaches if we just accept that Bethesda is Bethesda and Bethesda does what Bethesda does. I'm sure all of us would love a second New Vegas or a completed Van Buren, but that just isn't a realistic possibility. We might as well accept the state of the series for what it is and stop complaining.

Stop comparing Bethesda's Fallout to Black Isle's or Obsidian's Fallout. That's like comparing rotten apples to oranges. Bethesda's Fallout is (in my view) incredibly inferior to Black Isle's/Obsidian's, but that's just because they're two different types of games. B's FO is a shitty pseudo-RPG FPS hybrid with horrible writing and a static world, whereas BI/O's FO is a brilliant post-apocalyptic series of RPGs with sublime writing, compelling characters, and a world that is actually affected by the decisions you make. Comparing the two doesn't really "do" anything.

If we are to critique FO4, let us critique it as the lore-breaking, nonsensical, poorly-written, Skyrim-with-guns, bullshit-RPG marketed toward ADHD millennials that it is, and nothing more.

I love how everyone's already like "this isn't anything like Fallout!" and "this sucks!" and you haven't even seen any gameplay or anything outside the trailer. But let's be honest though, you probably wouldn't have considered any of that information anyway. Haters gonna hate. I think it looks awesome. The world seems much more varied and alive than 3.
Haha, not sure what you were expecting, Korin. It's "Fallout 3 again!" For fans of Fallout 3, that's awesome, but you're on No Mutants Allowed.

All you've got is a trailer though. Everything else is just speculation. You don't have anything to base it on being "Fallout 3 again", other than it's... first-person? You start in a vault and get a dog? Maybe wait to see what the actual gameplay and quests/dialogue are like and then we'll really know whether they took a lesson from Obsidian. I think people forget how cartoon-y F1/F2 were sometimes. Rose-coloured glasses and all that.

So then what was all that about the world being more alive? WHAT ARE YOU BASING YOUR OPINIONS ON MISTER
The fact that we could clearly see vibrant towns and advanced civilization?

I know Tim is a Homo but is Chris Avellone a sissy too or is he just wierd sorta fruity....And is that the real reason neither of them have balls to call b.s. ? maybe too Liberal being from California and all.

being a nice guy is one thing, being professional is another but kinda sorta sucking off Todd and Bethesda for hopes of NV2..
burning bridges is not excuse as they arent n00bs are they just masochistic?
You guys need to deal with the fact that those guys won't be making anymore Fallout games. Maybe they will get an NV2 but the thing is you still are giving money to Bethesda who will make the next best Fallout. I'm glad those guys won't be making anymore Fallout games because to tell you the truth Bethesda has made the best Fallout game. The old devs don't know how to make a world and their storys are kind of trash.

Whoa!
Hey bro. thank you for telling me how to deal with "facts" I will use in future your wisdom.
I shall remember you wise words of wisdom while i'm standing in line for bread from the Social-Facism government mr. Obama is giving me

IT WAS A LEGIT QUESTION THOUGH....
why does Tim give up so easily.
legal IP ownership is just legal nonsense.
liike i said worrying about "burning bridges" as a veteran is industry... nah dont believe that.

I liked the tactics game...at first i was like what the fuck is this..but its not too bad. and i played online on gamespy years ago..
and i dont think its todd's style either....

No, it's the new Wolfenstein game Engine. Supposedly.
Considering the use of the same running animations for dogs and people, I'm worried that they may be using some new gamebyro deriviative. Though the vibrant slightly cell shaded look gives me hope it's the Void engine and they ported stuff over from Gamebyro.

Someone suggested that they actually look like modern buildings (IE post-War based on the construction materials) made by Institute... though knowing Bethesda it's probably just pre-War.

Well, it looks like a sequel to Fallout 3 alright.

Damn it, I can already tell it's going to be a mediocre to acceptable game that all the casuals will love and we'll all hate.

Also, just checked the trailer. The guy in the flashback is definitely the new Vault-Dweller, looks like there's some cryo-freeze plot. How fucking dumb.

Damn it.
He's just some white guy with black hair. We see him die in the trailer, along with his wife ire and kid. Unless Bethesda is immediately giving away the fact that the PC is an android.

Dude, don't quadruple post, edit your last post to include new info if no one else has psoted yet.

I know Tim is a Homo but is Chris Avellone a sissy too or is he just wierd sorta fruity....And is that the real reason neither of them have balls to call b.s. ? maybe too Liberal being from California and all.

being a nice guy is one thing, being professional is another but kinda sorta sucking off Todd and Bethesda for hopes of NV2..
burning bridges is not excuse as they arent n00bs are they just masochistic?
You guys need to deal with the fact that those guys won't be making anymore Fallout games. Maybe they will get an NV2 but the thing is you still are giving money to Bethesda who will make the next best Fallout. I'm glad those guys won't be making anymore Fallout games because to tell you the truth Bethesda has made the best Fallout game. The old devs don't know how to make a world and their storys are kind of trash.

Whoa!
Hey bro. thank you for telling me how to deal with "facts" I will use in future your wisdom.
I shall remember you wise words of wisdom while i'm standing in line for bread from the Social-Facism government mr. Obama is giving me

IT WAS A LEGIT QUESTION THOUGH....
why does Tim give up so easily.
legal IP ownership is just legal nonsense.
liike i said worrying about "burning bridges" as a veteran is industry... nah dont believe that.

I liked the tactics game...at first i was like what the fuck is this..but its not too bad. and i played online on gamespy years ago..
and i dont think its todd's style either....

C- troll

Skyrim was virtual Larping. You have to pretend the things in there have consequences to have any fun, because otherwise all you are doing is walking along bad reinassance actors fighting cliche enemies with rubber swords.

You may have. I've watched it a couple of times now I just got a general feeling of same shit different game. It's just gonna be plain "meh" with some Fallout-esque stuff in it. I dunno with nothing for me personally on the horizon I have time to think and that thinking is leading me to believe we're just gonna get what Bethesda thinks is Fallouty, ya know retro music, art-deco which they did get right, dogmeat, another pathetic attempt at fan service, 'splosions by the hundreds and forgetting completely and totally that I am suppose to be made to care. "Blew up Megaton? Bad child." The more I get myself thinking about it and since I've forgotten alot about Fallout 3 I'm going to replay it, vanilla just to remind myself about a few things. Dunno, may make me belligerent, may open my eyes to a few things. Or maybe they can see what I see and improve on it. Will they? Not likely since they do have a solid fanbase and all the articles and top ten lists I've read so far, just want the same shit, shat out of the same asshole. So I may post an in depth blog in the future about my more mature feelings about Fallout 3. Not as an angry fanboy but an open minded adult.

EDIT: Probably make it to Mothership Zeta and vomit and rage quit. It's what made me stop playing Fallout 3.

Last edited:
I did the same experiment awhile ago, myself. It's actually quite an enjoyable game as long as you 1.) try your hardest to take it for what it is rather than what it could've been and 2.) do your absolute best to utterly minimize your interaction with any other speaking beings.

Point Lookout and The Pitt really showed some improvement in what had previously been weak points in Bethsoft's handling of the franchise, too. I don't think it would be at all naive to expect 4 to be an overall improvement over 3 in a lot of areas that, to me, actually matter. The only question is what other franchise mainstays they find new and interesting ways to... er, put their own distinct touches on.

Back