Fallout 76 - BoS makes their appearance

This is Fallout.

I always felt that in many ways Fallout 3 was more of a sequel to Fallout Brotherhood of Steel as it shares a lot of the same elements. How the BOS is portrayed, bandits, ghouls (in FOBOS we started to run into more zombie like Ghouls such as the glowing ones), and the Super Mutants, and many more things.
Pretty sure that if the Enclave had been in this that they and the Fallout 3 ones would feel very similar too.

Bethesda may not claim that it is canon but it would work better as the prequel to Fallout 3 than FO1 and FO2.

I always felt that in many ways Fallout 3 was more of a sequel to Fallout Brotherhood of Steel as it shares a lot of the same elements. How the BOS is portrayed, bandits, ghouls (in FOBOS we started to run into more zombie like Ghouls such as the glowing ones), and the Super Mutants, and many more things.
Pretty sure that if the Enclave had been in this that they and the Fallout 3 ones would feel very similar too.

Bethesda may not claim that it is canon but it would work better as the prequel to Fallout 3 than FO1 and FO2.

1542955963159440613.jpg

Also the plasma sword does look very 40k but that's actually in-character considering the origins of the Power Fist literally being "Hey we need an end-game unarmed weapon. Oh shit 40k is cool."

Yeah, I agree, it makes sense that the brotherhood would do anything they could to try to save the world, no matter how far they have to travel. What doesn’t make sense at this point is why the brotherhood in fallout 1 seem so uninterested in eliminating the various threats of the wasteland and rebuilding civilization in its former glory. There’s been enough fallout games with a weirdly characterized brotherhood that now fallout 1 is the odd one out.

I do think Tactics is better than Fallout 3.

Yeah, I agree, it makes sense that the brotherhood would do anything they could to try to save the world, no matter how far they have to travel. What doesn’t make sense at this point is why the brotherhood in fallout 1 seem so uninterested in eliminating the various threats of the wasteland and rebuilding civilization in its former glory. There’s been enough fallout games with a weirdly characterized brotherhood that now fallout 1 is the odd one out.

Still Fallout 1 is the game that established the setting and its factions.
That still makes all the other games, in particular Fallout 3 and 4 deviate heavily from those.

Again Bethesda could have made their own Power Armor using faction but instead they just recycle what has already been established.

Nah, I'd say the Mojave BoS is entirely within character for the portrayal given in the first game. Fallout 2 is so minimal you can't make judgement. Is and always has been a matter of....coastal differences.

I did enjoy Tactics as a spin off while I waited for actual Fallout 3. Who would have thought F3 was going to be more spin off than the spin off.

Anyways. I'm glad that at least Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out in just two weeks from now. At least I'm going to have an actually good RPG to play. Can put my rope aside and wait a few weeks more before I kill myself.

Reading this brings me yellow flashbacks.

The lack of good games in the industry has me incursionating in genres that I previously left untouched, like JRPG's.

The lack of good games in the industry has me incursionating in genres that I previously left untouched, like JRPG's.

Which ones are you currently playing and is there anything particular that you enjoy.
One oldie I always keep recommending is Chrono Trigger.
I also liked Phantasy Star 4 a lot but it can leave a newcomer a lot in the dark as the storyline requires that the player has played PS1 and PS2.

I been curious about the Yakuza series for a while but didn't liked it was mostly a figthing game, however Yakuza: Like A Dragon is the fisrt one that has incorporated turn combat. Disappointingly there is no real choice in the story or much customization of anything, but then again it's not all that different to games like Mass Effect where dialogue is pretty much Fallout 4 like (say the same thing being a nice guy, an asshole or sarcastically), at least it's not trying to give you a fake illusion of choice like those games. What I'm liking the most is the humor, the writing and the character development. You may not have a lot of choice but at least they put a lot of effort in the one story they are trying to tell.

There’s been enough fallout games with a weirdly characterized brotherhood that now fallout 1 is the odd one out.

I dunno, FO1-FO2-FNV are pretty much the same Brotherhood, only with some differences as the organization changed.

FOT, FO3, FO4 and F76 are the different ones.
Hell, if anything, the FO4 BOS is more of a return to form.

Honestly, I think the OG Brotherhood is kind of the "Ultramarines" of the Brotherhood: The original, some might say generic, pattern that others deviate from. Which kinda feeds into a theory I have about the BOS' future in the series.

This is a Bethesda Fallout game. The Fraternity of Iron are the paragons of virtue who selflessly defend the weak and down trodden from the horrors of the wastelands. B-b-b- the FO76 BOS were jerks, they are also all dead.

Ah man, I know.

You know, Fraternity of Iron or Ferrous Fraternity is not a bad name for a Brotherhood spin-off or expy, hmmm...

FOT, FO3, FO4 and F76 are the different ones.
I would go as far as saying that the FOT BoS is and isn't the different one.
While the BoS our characters are part of and the game is based around is different, the game does tell us they are different from the original BoS, and that they are exiled from the "real" BoS.

FO3 also tries to do this. But since the "real" BoS sent the expedition to the East Coast, and kept sending supplies and manpower to the Washington Chapter until they found out that Elder Lyons was disobeying orders, it already proves that the "real" BoS in FO3 is not the "real" one from FO1, FO2 and FNV.

I've been loving 76 since it came out and I'm really glad that the Brotherhood of Steel finally showed up, the wastes felt so empty without them. I do wonder what the changes will be for them this time, or what will set them apart from the other chapters.

I've been loving 76 since it came out and I'm really glad that the Brotherhood of Steel finally showed up, the wastes felt so empty without them. I do wonder what the changes will be for them this time, or what will set them apart from the other chapters.
Hahaha! That was a good one!
Wait...you're serious?

Power Armor should never have been restricted to the Brotherhood of Steel, or the Enclave. In FNV we already saw the NCR using Power Armor, though somewhat stripped down versions.

Lore of F-NV specifically mentions that NCR was unable to properly use power armor, so they use its armored shells stripped of servo-mechanisms.

Their salvaged version is, basically, "un-powered armor" (imitated by not giving you a strength bonus for equipping it), which doesn't need special PA training, but very heavy and cumbersome to use because it is just an armored suit without mechanization and not a fully operational PA.

In all classic FO games (1,2 and canceled VB) PA training is something very few people in wasteland has - pretty much just members of BoS and Enclave. But in FO4 Bethesda's make even primitive raiders suddenly evolved to the next stage and learned how to operate the most complex military equipment, the pinnacle of wartime personal technology.

Last edited:
In all classic FO games (1,2 and canceled VB) PA training is something very few people in wasteland has - pretty much just members of BoS and Enclave. But in FO4 Bethesda's make even primitive raiders suddenly evolved to the next stage and learned how to operate the most complex military equipment, the pinnacle of wartime personal technology.

Well, they never really mention needing to be trained to wear power armor in the original games. In fallout 2 you can just buy power armor from the Shi merchants, but maybe it comes with a manual or something. I always though the reason only the Brotherhood wears power armor is more that they're the only ones with working suits left, not that it was because special training is required to operate power armor.

Back