Fallout 76 Nukes Lore and Releases

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
So the Enclave was killed by totally not the Calculator? Their just coming up with reason to have no human NPC's at this point lol.

Also, no idea what Ultracite is, but the mining company used it to make the Ultracite Power Armor. I'm amost certain that it's some sorta pre-war model...because of course it would be that.

So the Enclave was killed by totally not the Calculator? Their just coming up with reason to have no human NPC's at this point lol.

Personal taste, I think the Calculator was way better than President Eden or this MODUS. I liked the Terminator/Skynet vibe.

They even turned Vertibirds (which were only prototypes in older games) into automatic flying machines called Vertibots... Just so they don't have human pilots...

So what was the point in factions like the Enclave, NCR and BoS wasting resources, time and manpower training Vertibird pilots, while there was automatic Vertibots flying around after the bombs?

It's obvious the continuity is not important and that it likely never will be until that it is the core issue with the fanbase. Which it probably won't ever be. Eventually, they'll have to just scrap all the old stuff and remake Fallout's timeline as their own completely because they already kinda are doing that.

They even turned Vertibirds (which were only prototypes in older games) into automatic flying machines called Vertibots... Just so they don't have human pilots...

So what was the point in factions like the Enclave, NCR and BoS wasting resources, time and manpower training Vertibird pilots, while there was automatic Vertibots flying around after the bombs?

Oh it's hilarious the extent they went to have no human NPC's.

The Scorch Plague was created by Arktos Pharma pre-war (because of course) for unknown reasons. Sounds like Beth wanted their own version of FEV.

The Scorch Plague was created by Arktos Pharma pre-war (because of course) for unknown reasons. Sounds like Beth wanted their own version of FEV.
Its sad because a weaponized plagues being made by a small military contractor as an alternative to nukes for the government to destroy China - and possibly specific local dissenters - with is so goddamn ripe for possibility as a plotline that to turn it into 'crystal zombies' is like watching a person grind filet mignon to feed to a dog they will then proceed to shoot.
---
I originally thought the Flatwoods monster should have gone for the 'giant owl' concept. Both because we don't have many flying creatures around, have massive rats that something should be eating, and because I like owls, but the Valiant Robobrain is just so interesting I'd happily shift the giant owl stuff over to replace the crazy-cult Mothman. Doubly so because then you could explore the military sites, I believe weapon dumps, near where the Mothman was first sighted.

I wonder if Bethesda fucks with the lore on purpose, as a fuck you to hardcore fans.

Everyone kept saying how Morrowind is so much better than other TES games and Beth nuked it in Skyrim. As far as lore is concerned, there cannot really be another game taking place in Morrowind.

Now they're completely blatantly raping Fallout lore. Not that they've been faithful before F76 but now shit is all fucked up.

Well Maximaz I do think like others here have suggested in the past that Bethesda will eventually reboot the Fallout franchise and create their own new timeline. Expect the current recycled content and cliches and a lot more nonsense.

Pete Hines already has made it clear that Bethesda Game Studio writers don't care for consistency and sticking to the established lore.

Jesus Christ coming down to West Virginia with an AK-47 and killing all the factions makes about as much sense as the actual in-game explanations for all the factions that were destroyed.

I honestly don't get why they didn't just use the New Plague if they wanted a disease to kill off everyone. Sure you wouldn't have Skyrim dragons or boring not!zombies but still

Jesus Christ coming down to West Virginia with an AK-47 and killing all the factions makes about as much sense as the actual in-game explanations for all the factions that were destroyed.
And the Enclave leader turns into a werewolf

I honestly don't get why they didn't just use the New Plague if they wanted a disease to kill off everyone. Sure you wouldn't have Skyrim dragons or boring not!zombies but still

You answered you own question; there wouldn't be Skyrim Dragon repurposed and not zombies! Just that some sickness killed all the people because all emergency services ceased to exist and the surviving aid workers lacked the resources and equipment to develop a vaccine or a cure.
That is not epic.

Back