Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
IGN and Gamespot reviews are in. 5/10 ("mediocre") and 4/10 ("poor") respectively.

Knew they were giving it low scores because of the unusual delay in putting out their reviews. Sure Beth avoided a few cancellations because of it but it's still pretty bad.

It takes one awful outing to financially damage a franchise in the long term. You are going from definite sales on the name alone to folks paying more attention to reviews in the future. Bonehead decision any way you look at it.

Should have gone with another Obsidian Fallout.

I see a major flaw with F76: the game is far too expensive (judging on overall quality of the game from all the reviews). But I want to try the game anyway.
I am not prepared to pay 60 EUR for F76. Although I will gladly take it if I get it for free :grin:

I loved that on Twitter and YouTube, you are still seeing Beth fanboy's do damage control. Such as this wonderful meme.
DsuJqpwUwAAZuSM.jpg

Beth fans can't meme! This is funny as many other people like ItsAGundam have stated that Fallout 76 was one of the most joyless gaming experience of their life.

Beth fans can't meme! This is funny as many other people like ItsAGundam have stated that Fallout 76 was one of the most joyless gaming experience of their life.

Coincidently, just finished watching ItsaGundam's latest little video on it. Choice topics: Bethesda offering refunds for PC, a player in the game can no longer die and is literally begging for death, GiantBomb refuse to review current release build as none of their staff want to touch it again after the B.E.T.A...

You can say what you like about him. He is pretty mad about the whole thing, and has consistently stated that he is 'done' with the whole thing, but he can't leave it alone. An amusing video, but I think there is nothing left to say at this point.

Honestly. There is nothing left to say. Bethesda had a chance at greatness, and they blew it. They've got a few die-hard fans, as every game does, but they've lost quite a few too.

I wonder if this could have gone any other way. Don't answer that
:flameon:

i haven't heard a good word about F76 even in places where i would the most expect to

There are a few neutral to good reviews. Not many at this point.

edit: want to point out that some of his arguments are a little flawed in places. Yes, some people worked really hard on this, but the company as a whole did not. And it does not justify the price.

Man, I couldn't even get 6 minutes into that video before arguing. Honestly, I was suspicious the moment he makes that shit appeal to authority. "I developed games". Doesn't mean anything, everything you said following your declaration draws nothing from that experience to support it beyond the weak concept that we should pay 60$ for a test bed. He reaks of the mistake I make all the time, also as a dev, of hating the users, but he fails to realize they're fucking right sometimes. Your UI *can* and probably *does* suck. The bugs aren't *their fault*, they're rightfully calling you out on being shit at the job. And using them as beta testers may make your life easier but when you use them as Alpha testers you can bet they'll notice and *rightfully* call you on your bullshit. Its no wonder he's not in the industry anymore. No lead who can look themselves in the mirror would accept half of his excuses in the video for a shitty code push, let alone a fully released game.

Last edited:
I watched a youtube review recently and the reviewer was all praise and suckup to the game and even Bethesda itself. Hard to watch, LOL. He got destroyed in his own comment section tho :grin::grin::grin: funniest phrases from people were: Sellout 76, wallet in his pocket named Beth, rectal climber on mount Beth...
BTW if you need a good laugh go to Bethesda official forums and see how vigorously a hadfull of diehard fans defend the game (spoiler: its mostly name calling and bullying into submission) :mrgreen:

According to video game statistics site GitHyp, Fallout 76 peaked at 106,000 concurrent viewers on Twitch before dropping by more than 50 percent. These numbers are actually worse than when the game was in its B.E.T.A. stage, and they’re well below what Fallout 4 achieved in 2015. The site places Fallout 76 at No. 31 on its game viewership board for the year, behind older titles like Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

Who could have seen this coming? :freak:

The excuse "it's their first multiplayer game" is laughable. All they had to do was talk with the team that runs ESO to have a clue on how to make a multiplayer game. There's no excuse for the state the game is now.

Its not even about that multiplayer excuse. I mean there's TESO, right? Even if it were developed by another team (was it?) why not go knock and ask for some advice before making a mess?
And right, it's really no excuse. There used to be a time when games were delayed when unfinished to polish them. Not today, just shit it out, they should be grateful we gave em something to buy. WTF.

But my point rather was that Haseo guy. There really ARE people who mash a button to skip dialogues in RPGs. Why. WHY!!!
Thats like people complaining that their Lamborghini aint fast enough when reversing.

E: Also I've seen vids that theres framedrops on PS4 and even PC when shooting weapons with high Rate of Fire. The guy (german, and with horrible speech skills at that) noted he's max-lvl and using the 50cal MG rather than his actually better other MG, because FPS will be better.

BUT he also states that the card-based perk system in F76 is actually way better (not only) in terms of customization, compared to F3 and F4. Any thoughts on that?

Oh man, as if I didn't have a headache today already, that thread is such a crystallization of what's wrong with people who pretend to play RPGs that it would have given me one. Don't read the writing? I can't even conceive it. I hated when my friend used to skip the friggin cutscenes in *Gears of War*, which is hardly a deep game. There are a ton of games that you can just fuck around and shoot things in. Why int he world would you try and find that in one that should have a story. Emphasis on should.

My thoughts on the card system make me think it'd be great for the circular gameplay loop this game has *if* it had some more depth. Cards should be able to be fused for more than just level, but also to create new cards. Additional cards should exist to modify how certain cards work. Long story short, for the grind of such gameplay to be engaging for the long term they'll need to add something at least as complex as Path of Exile. Which has a very similar base gameplay loop (Kill -> Loot -> Upgrade), but with way more complexity and a vastly superior story. That all said its distinctly horrible if 76 was still supposed to be an RPG, as they claim because it doesn't correctly represent training and learning and improvement in a sensible fashion. Random card packs to not well represent personal progress imo.

Last edited:
Oh God......

I died a little reading this.
Remember, these guys call themselves the real Fallout fans. The rest of us are just a bunch of haters that can't see past our nostalgia glasses. :puke:

Also Drank Sinatra is a hero who took the words right out of my mouth.

Last edited:
I loved that on Twitter and YouTube, you are still seeing Beth fanboy's do damage control. Such as this wonderful meme.
View attachment 11201
its almost as if bethesda fans dont understand that its not about hating fun but rather having an intense feeling of betrayal to see an entire fanbase be coopted and replaced by another one with the lowest standards possible and almost no context, understanding, or passion for what the franchise is meant to be at its core.

Last edited:
Back