Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. tsyrak

tsyrak First time out of the vault

Sep 2, 2013
    Russian version

Hi,
    Where I can get a Russian version of Fallout Fixt?

For the little story behind the request... I'm French, I got an import (US) version of the game when I was 16 and would play it night after night. I picked up a lot of my early English there. Ended up playing it in Spanish when I wanted to practice it. Then in Hungarian 10 years later when I was learning that language! :) Finally, I've been learning Russian for a couple of months and feel ready to click around the Wasteland to practice some.

Thanks for the work Sduibek and the rest of the guys behind it.

Best-
    Fabien

2. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    No russian version of FiXIT just yet.

But you can try to check out my database in my signature to see if some translations or mods in russian will catch your eye.

3. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Installer is being compiled and uploaded.

I haven't made a comprehensive "changed since Vanilla" changelog yet, just a "changed since last version" changelog. I'm feeling lazy so you'll just have to suffer until I do the comprehensive one :P

4. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    -NEW VERSION UP-

This is a very big release, so there's probably issues that exist. So please keep an eye out for any issues or bugs and report them at http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_FIXT_bug_reports :)

Download Here

VERIFYING THAT THE NEW VERSION IS INSTALLED PROPERLY:
    - When loading a game from older versions, a dialog will initiate with a warning and will display the current version.
    - Click "CREDITS" on main menu will begin with Fallout FIXT credits, and displays current version.
    - Version is displayed at bottom-right of main menu background. (May be hard to see at higher resolutions)
    - If the player examines themselves (hold mouse over self, click-and-hold, release on Binoculars icon) they'll get a new message.

CHANGES SINCE ALPHA 5.3:

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
  6. badhabit

badhabit First time out of the vault

Aug 8, 2012
    Glorious! :D
    Thank you, was waiting for a Killap F2 like patch-only version! :)

7. gattocake

gattocake First time out of the vault

Aug 23, 2013
    I was waiting for this for my new play through...here we go.

8. SpookyNooky

SpookyNooky First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2013
    Nice! Downloading it right now.

This is going to be a long night (shortly after midnight here).

:clap:

EDIT: I guess the BoS grenades quest is fixed or removed, even if it is not mentioned in the change log.

EDIT2:
    Hmm, I started a new character and found some bugs:

1) When trying to talk to the merchant in Shady Sands (the one on the right next to the guard) the dialogue stops right after clicking on the man. You see the dialogue screen, but it instantly fades out.

2) Ian doesn't follow. He is in my party, so I can talk to him properly and he is next to me when I change from the world map to a certain location, but WITHIN this location he just stands idly where he is. Say he should stay close to the player doens't change it.
    Even in a fight he does not react to anything. He just stands there while I get beaten up.

3) Still those crashes on the worldmap. Messing around with the resolutions and color depth helps.

9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Gaahhhh I forgot about grenades quest!! Looks like a patch is coming ;)

I think I know why Ian is broken, I'll fix that.

I don't understand why world map is crashing still, that makes nosense to me :( What settings seem to help?

10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    SpookyNooky, what install settings did you use for Ian?

11. SpookyNooky

SpookyNooky First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2013
    I am not quite sure.
    It was either longhair black pants leather always with all weapons or black pants until armor changes with all weapons.

12. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Nice work Sduibek...one question:

Is it possible to turn off the light effect on the PC, I realise you can adjust the light level, but how about disabling the light from the PC so it doesn't effect scenery, walls, or items...and only lights the tiles, or any combination?

13. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Big congrats. :clap:

And to comment on your other thread, a year between a release will seem like nothing soon. Time flies and soon you'll find yourself on the F2 RP schedule. ;)

Anyway, great job and be sure to find time to relax.

14. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    I join others in congratulating you on such a HUGE release.

You are ONE hard-working SOB, my friend.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :drunk:

15. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    Congratulations from me too!

You managed to push out a version in particularly unfavorable conditions!

Thanks, Sduibek!

16. Naoki

Naoki First time out of the vault

Aug 30, 2013
    Thank you!!

17. Tjuh

Tjuh First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2013
    Gratitude for this epic mod!

One issue though, the desktop shortcut Fallout FIXT links to Fallout FIXT.bat, but that file does not exist in the Fallout game folder.

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Found what was causing dialog errors with some NPCs, it was how I implemented the "check if holding flares" code. It's fixed in my files now.

19. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Thanks for all the praise and kinds words, you guys are awesome :D It's great to see people so happy about the progress of this mod.

And for those who mentioned donation possibilities, I'm working on getting that set up.

Cheers,
    - Sduibek

Do you mean when holding flares? With "added" light such as that, I'm not aware of being able to stop it from affecting walls/objects... perhaps Timeslip or Mash could do it?

If you mean the so-called "Egg" of light around the player (which if anyone cares if 75% brightness @ 6 hexes) I can remove that as a gameplay optional if you wish. It affects things like Chance To Hit though, so would make the game a lot harder. But I suppose some people would think that wasn't a bad thing :P

lol, good point, and probably. That's what the engine transfer project is at for sure.

Ah! I forgot about that. Thank you, I'll fix it.

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I would prefer to remove the lighting effect from walls and scenery, and keep it for items and tiles...as you say it might be a job for Timeslip, thanks anyway. :wink: