gvx said:
Sduibek said:
gvx said:
Sduibek said:
That link is invalid...

debug.log
http://0rz.tw/1NGxX
Google Docs said:
Sorry, we are unable to retrieve this document.

sorry it OK!!
Cool, got it this time. Yeah this is weird, I haven't seen this error before. Would you be willing to send me the files you use for debug logging? I had it set up previously but that was on my hard drive that crashed :(

Thank you

SLOT10
http://0rz.tw/nyv5i

Sharpshooter fix will be included in Alpha 2 :D

Effectively you get an extra 16% chance to hit for all attacks.

In-Game Description updated accordingly:
Code:
{215}{}{The talent of hitting things at longer distances. You get a +2 bonus, for each level of this Perk, to Perception for the purposes of determining range modifiers. Note that this DOES have an effect at PER of 9 & 10.}

Also included will be Corpse's endgame mod, letting you keep playing after the game is over and you get the ending slideshow. My copy-paste job is a little messy so it glitches a bit, but it works :)

gvx said:
Not working for me either....

Goes to https://doc-0s-b0-docs.googleuserco...2817137&hash=g2ccejvc9pu6r5o0u84huvosio80c0ee which either re-routes to a failure message or just doesn't load.

Am I doing something wrong?

.Pixote. said:
Don't forget hand to hand... how about - these crazy numbers
15.0% Laser Rifle
15.0% Minigun
15.0% Flamethrower
15.0% Plasma Rifle
10.0% Gatling Laser
10.0% Rocket Launcher
20.0% Melee
Otherwise it might too difficult to defeat the super mutants.
Here we go;

[spoiler:53f9d43e28] variable LVar5 := 0;
LVar5 := random(0, 2);//Give each mutant zero, one, or two stimpaks
if LVar5 == 1 then begin
LVar5 := create_object_sid(40, 0, 0, -1);//stimpak
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, LVar5, 1);
end
else begin
if LVar5 == 2 then begin
LVar5 := create_object_sid(40, 0, 0, -1);//stimpak
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, LVar5, 2);
end
end
/*
This will randomize what weapon they start with, and generate ammo for it: --Sduibek

// Need to modify # of ammo items generated for Survival mod

20.0% Minigun 4
20.0% Melee 4
15.0% Laser Rifle 3
15.0% Flamethrower 3
10.0% Plasma Rifle 2
10.0% Gatling Laser 2
10.0% Rocket Launcher 2
100% (total) /20

*/ WeaponID := (random(1, 20));
if (WeaponID == 1) or (WeaponID == 2) or (WeaponID == 3) or (WeaponID == 4) then begin
AmmoID := create_object_sid(35, 0, 0, -1);//5mm JHP
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 3);
AmmoID := create_object_sid(36, 0, 0, -1);//5mm AP
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 3);
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(12, 0, 0, -1);//Minigun
end
else begin
if (WeaponID == 5) or (WeaponID == 6) or (WeaponID == 7) or (WeaponID == 8) then begin
AmmoID := create_object_sid(40, 0, 0, -1);//stimpak, since he's melee
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 1);
if random(0,1)
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(234, 0, 0, -1);//Spiked Knuckles
end
else begin
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(21, 0, 0, -1);//Brass Knuckles
end
end
else begin
if (WeaponID == 9) or (WeaponID == 10) or (WeaponID == 11) then begin
AmmoID := create_object_sid(39, 0, 0, -1);//MFC ammo
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 2);
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(118, 0, 0, -1);//Laser Rifle
end
else begin
if (WeaponID == 12) or (WeaponID == 13) or (WeaponID == 14) then begin
AmmoID := create_object_sid(32, 0, 0, -1);//Fuel
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 4);
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(11, 0, 0, -1);//Flamethrower
end
else begin
if (WeaponID == 15) or (WeaponID == 16) then begin
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 2);
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(15, 0, 0, -1);//Plasma Rife
end
else begin
if (WeaponID == 17) or (WeaponID == 18) then begin
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 4);
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(28, 0, 0, -1);//Gatling Laser
end
else begin
if (WeaponID == 19) or (WeaponID == 20) then begin
AmmoID := create_object_sid(14, 0, 0, -1);//Rocket HE
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 5);
AmmoID := create_object_sid(37, 0, 0, -1);//Rocket AP
add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj, AmmoID, 5);
weaponPtr := create_object_sid(13, 0, 0, -1);//Rocket Launcher
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
add_obj_to_inven(self_obj, weaponPtr);
wield_obj_critter(self_obj, weaponPtr);
[/spoiler:53f9d43e28]

A little preview of what's coming in Alpha 2 ;)

Code:
-->local_vars=0 set to =1 for ALL scripts in SCRIPTS.LST
fixes issues believe it or not
-->ground gfx for couple items that didn't have it
-->descs to many scenery items that were missing it
--> fixed staircases, one or two of the scenery items
always had no script linked to them
--> fixed AI Packets linked to critters;
at least a third in the game were completely wrong,
if not more like a half
--> fixed AI type for Invasion Mutants
--> added some stuff to Shady Sands and fixed crashes
--> endgame mod
--> "you tread without persmission" has about three times the ghouls 
instead of just two
--> level 3 of Necro Vault has many many more ghouls,
 so if you are a bastard and take the chip without fixing the pump
 you have a not-lame fight on your hands
--> included graphic fixes by... 
	120% Mutant Deaths		PIXOTE
	Metal Armor Sledge Thrust	x'il
	Lou LT fixed			Lexx
--> install settings instead of .bat:
	free_space=0
--> combatai and combat msgs, tons of changes
--> increased speech in combat %chance by 50%, rounded down
--> incorporated some of the death messages from Wasteland :)
--> lots of spellchecking in TEXT/ENG/GAME - Done.
--> lots more commenting added to many scripts
--> random weap, + stims & knuckles for Invasion Mutants
--> rads from zombies via RndEcGen
--> Brotherhood Armor (239 PRO) price increased from 4800 to 7800, to fit into armor/price hierarchy
--> Sharpshooter fix included (by ravachol), and it DOES have an effect at Per of 9 & 10

I've just purchased Fallout 1 and 2 from Steam, and installed Fallout 1 Fixit, however when I try and run the new FalloutW application, I get the following error message:

"Could not find the master datafile. Please make sure the FALLOUT CD is in the drive and that you are running FALLOUT from the directory you installed it to."

Is this an issue due to me using a steam copy of Fallout (which obviously has no CD), or is this being caused by something else?

Really keen to start playing this, but I want all of the latest patches / mods before I start.

Thanks,

Marky Mark

Never mind, I seem to have resolved my problem - I initially installed the FIXIT patch into a separate folder within Fallout, not the actual fallout folder itself - although thanks for the quick reply!

One further question - I have installed Fallout within Program Files, and am using Windows 7. Will this cause any issues with the Windows 7 UAC?

Thanks

Hey Fantastic Mod! I have been playing Brand new Installation of Fallout with only your Fallout FIXT installed with it for the last month or so and it's been great so far. I love all the compiled features and changes.

That said, I do have one bug report to tell you of though. I know you dropped the requirement for being treated as Childkiller down from 3 Childkills to 1 as a player. But I also wanted to report that this also counts if your Companion engages and kills a child. Even if I give that Child a wide-berth and he decides to turn hostile and join the fight, and I won't even fire a shot at him and my Companion (Ian for instance) wastes them. If there was a way to fix that, that would be great because I've already had to restart a few saves because of it. And it almost makes the Jain Assassination quest (From Decker) almost impossible to complete without also becoming branded as a Childkiller by everyone.

Anyways I hope you will take a look at this. Or add a script to Companions Combat Tactics to explicitly deal with Targeting/Not Targeting Children. Anyways that's the only thing I came across. Thanks for a great mod!

Edit: Oh actually before I forget! There was one more thing I came across but it's definitely not much of an issue, I'm just reporting it for the sake of bug testing. In The Hub and only in The Hub all Town Guards (Police) Respawn Stimpacks. This pretty much lets the Player steal an unlimited amount of stimpacks (Or as many as they are patient enough to steal). I can also shamefully confirm myself that you can steal (guaranteed) Upwards of 100+ from a single guard. (I know shame on me!) :P

Funny you should mention the Childkiller thing, I was actually JUST thinking about that like a couple hours ago.

I thought the change sounded really cool, but I'll probably change back to how it was. It's silly to make the whole world magically know you're evil immediately. I *do* like that it counts if your buddy slaughters one, but having a freebie (or two) as in Vanilla Fo1 is probably a good idea, all things considered.

As far as the NPCs go, I don't know if I can specifically implement that kind of targeting preference, but i've definitely got a "More Fallout 2-ish NPC Combat Tactics Selection Menu" thing planned. Fallout 1's engine is limited as to what I can implement for that, but there's a few things that can be added for sure.

Nice upcoming changelog Sduibek, you're doing hell of a good job! Although I have to ask at some of those points as they are kind of vague - what will those do? :

--> endgame mod

Surf Solar said:
Nice upcoming changelog Sduibek, you're doing hell of a good job! Although I have to ask at some of those points as they are kind of vague - what will those do? :

--> endgame mod
Oh, heh. A just copied and pasted my shorthand, that's why some probably don't make sense.

Endgame Mod is this:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=490 NOT MY CODE, IT'S BY CORPSE! I take no credit for it ;)
What this mod does, is make the game ending optional; after you finish talking to the overseer when completing the game, a dialog screen comes up that gives you the option to continue or finish the game. If you choose to end the game, that's it; game over. If you choose to continue you can shoot the overseer or leave the vault and keep playing for 12 years.
Basically you get the normal ending credits and slideshow and all that, and then a Do You Wish To Keep Playing Fallout? prompt

People were getting crashes in Shady Sands, so I fixed that. The "added" is just minor stuff, touching up. Like adding grass to the brahma pen, etc.

A couple holodisks that may or may not be obtainable in game had no graphic for when dropped on the ground. Just little fixes like that.

BUGGY QUEST: [spoiler:646e211d5f]I told the sheriff in Hub about Iguana Bob - got the reward, exp and everything - but every time I walk up to Iguana Bob after that - he's just jolly good fine and still conducting his business.[/spoiler:646e211d5f]

Gaspard said:
BUGGY QUEST: I told the sheriff in Hub about [spoiler:b4280e0e8e]Iguana Bob - got the reward, exp and everything - but every time I walk up to Iguana Bob after that - he's just jolly good fine and still conducting his business.[/spoiler:b4280e0e8e]
I can't decide how this should turn out -- should he:

[spoiler:b4280e0e8e] go to jail for the rest of the game,
dissapear completely,
or continue as a now-legit operation?

And what about Doc Morbid? Hm.[/spoiler:b4280e0e8e]

(First, I want to apologize for my English. It is not the best.)

You made a really good work on restoring and fixing bugs in Fallout 1.
Yesterday I finished play yours mod and i found some issues with some places and missions. I was playing with my favorite premade character, Natalia.

Junktown :

- Skulz gang – Natalia started to talking with the one of Skulz gang member ( I believe it was Victor, the one who stares at people). After telling him that we are going to leave him alone, he started fight with us and the gang was also hostile (It was of course our fault). When all Skulz members were dead, Tycho was still with me. When we were leaving, the girl Sherry who was one of the Skulz, started attacking Natalia. You probably know what happened. When she was killed, Tycho started shoot to Natalia, and rest of group don't even tried help her (Ian, Tandi, Dogmeat), they only stand in place.

I think it was with Tycho AI, when you can't kill residents of Junktown, but Sherry was the one who started fight after killing her gang. I know that's she is the one who can help in mission where you must bust the Skulz, but it's stupid that Tycho first help you kill them and after that he goes hostile.

- Killian Darkwater shop –

a) I don't know why, but Natalia without using steal skill can look at alterned stocks in Killians shop. The trade window don't show up.

b) After successful sneaking and lockpicking Killians door to his bedroom, when Natalia was going out the store, Killian caught Natalia, and put her into jail. It was because Ian and dogmeat was still running in his room, when I turn off sneak.

- Jail – When Natalia was in a jail, some mysterious power started to attack her for no damage. It's stop when she go near the jails door.

Hub :

- Why after killing Vance the drug dealer his corpse don’t have stuff he sell? (I know, it will be to easy kill him and have 20 psycho at the start of the game.)

Vault 13 enter cavern:

- Ian start run, open vault door (I don’t know how) and he appear in wall next to Natalia.

- After overseer kick out Natalia from the vault, Ian says his floating text about overseer wich is not great with that dramatic situation.

Raiders and Dogmeat:

- The mission rescue Tandi: First Natalia goes with Ian and sneak out Tandi from Raiders jail, and we start run away. Ian and Tandi kill Garl (some kind amazing how they did it). The rest of raiders was still alive when we run away.
After Boneyard was invaded and before destroying by mutants Brotherhood of Steel, Natalia goes to Shady Sands and gives back Tandi. My party is Ian, Tycho, Katja and Dogmeat. You can still leave Dogmeat, but after they go to kill the rest of the raiders, Dogmeat only woofs and you can't leave it anymore. The bug don't show up when you leave Dogmeat for exemple in Shady Sands and after done with raiders you can take him back.

-------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous:

In Hub when you go to Maltese Falcon, Ian says about good music, and Butch Harris in Tell me about : The Maltese Falcon is a nightclub on the west side. Hope sings there. What a doll.
I looked in Fallout wikia and find out this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fallout1.jpg
Maybe Hope is cut character who is working in Maltese Falcon as a singer.
Who she will be?
- Just a singer?
- A romance for main character?
- A companion?
- Or maybe a next member of underground?

---------------------------------------------

I have hope that all this what I wrote here will be clear to read.

Sduibek said:
Gaspard said:
BUGGY QUEST: ~snip~
[spoiler:c5fca67b3f]I can't decide how this should turn out -- should he:

go to jail for the rest of the game,
dissapear completely,
or continue as a now-legit operation?

And what about Doc Morbid? Hm.[/spoiler:c5fca67b3f]

[spoiler:c5fca67b3f]I guess he should be taken to a holding cell - thus removing him from his kebab stand. The Sherriff did mention how horrible it was that the guy was selling human flesh - but he also mentioned how delicious Bob's kebabs were.

But if he stays there on his spot his dialogue should change to something hostile or near hostile, short from attacking the player.[/spoiler:c5fca67b3f]

Gaspard - it wouldnt be better to use spoiler to avoid to reveal cool stuff of the plot like what you revealed? ;)

Felipefpl said:
Gaspard - it wouldnt be better to use spoiler to avoid to reveal cool stuff of the plot like what you revealed? ;)
Agreed, thanks for mentioning that.

LE BB gun should do a flat 25 damage, that's what makes it unique.
Is this pretty much the universal thought here?

Personally I hated the LE because it was such a stupidly cheap game breaker. It's the "hey's lets make a totally nonsencical game-breaking uberweapon LOLOLOL" gun of Fallout 1.

EDIT: For reference and context, read these:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NumericalHard and
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneHitKill and
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LuckBasedMission

Similar could be said for 14mm and .223, but at least those are just overpowered, not ridiculous. And come on, IT'S A FUCKING BB GUN.

EDIT: If you think about it, the Red Ryder LE, Alien Blaster, et al, are basically just a reward for [spoiler:c57a85ca31]putting points into Luck[/spoiler:c57a85ca31]...

Personally I'd replace .223 pistol FRM with this:

223pistol.gif

Continuum said:
Personally I'd replace .223 pistol FRM with this:

223pistol.gif
Tempting... 8-)

EDIT: I do like the current though, it's neat to have a Blade Runner reference and it does look cool.

Sduibek said:
it's neat to have a Blade Runner reference and it does look cool.
Personally I hate this kind of cheap rip offs and I consider references, or special encounters as silly goofy shit. They're game breakers to me. Also, I do hope you'll not plant any more of this shit. One Fallout 2 and its pity clones is enough, I think.

Anyway, just letting you know that far superior replacement does exists. Do whatever you want, of course ;)

Back