Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Continuum said:
Sduibek said:
it's neat to have a Blade Runner reference and it does look cool.
Personally I hate this kind of cheap rip offs and I consider references, or special encounters as silly goofy shit. They're game breakers to me. Also, I do hope you'll not plant any more of this shit. One Fallout 2 and its pity clones is enough, I think.

Anyway, just letting you know that far superior replacement does exists. Do whatever you want, of course ;)
Well so far AFAIK, all i've placed is the ability to play Fallout within Fallout, which was something that could be done in the official demo. I thought that was pretty sweet as far as easter eggs go.

I see what you're saying for sure. Easter Eggs is kind of a 'Like It Or Hate It' thing, I would wager. As far as your verbiage though, RP Breaker is probably a better phrasing than Game Breaker ;)

If you want to take a look at the one I added, PM me and i'll give you instructions to find it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, updating damage_p_proc for some critters, that didn't have it or had a crappy version of it. Just working on Shady Sands at the moment; next is probably Junktown and then Necropolis:

Code:
// When critter takes damage, and damage came from player or player's buddy, AND the critter can SEE who hurt them, attack whomever hurt them:  --Sduibek
// *** Also check to make sure combat isn't already taking place, to avoid crashes.
//
	variable LVar7 := 0;
	LVar7 := source_obj;
	if (LVar7 == dude_obj or party_member_obj(LVar7)) and obj_can_see_obj(self_obj, LVar7) and not(combat_is_initialized) then begin
		attack_complex(LVar7, 0, 1, 0, 0, 30000, 0, 0);
	end

But I thought everybody has played the good ol' Fallout so-so-so many times already :D

Anyway, I spoiler-tagged the spoilery bits, but I couldn't edit your posts, Sduibek. I wonder why :wink:

Gaspard said:
But I thought everybody has played the good ol' Fallout so-so-so many times already :D

Anyway, I spoiler-tagged the spoilery bits, but I couldn't edit your posts, Sduibek. I wonder why :wink:
Let me know which to edit and i'll do so :mrgreen:

I guess where you quote my bug "report" on the previous page and then some of your replies which give out spoilers about the aforementioned quest.

So there's been some talk about Ian/Tycho/Katja and weapons they use.... i'm thinking all things considered, it's probably better to limit what they can use to fit more with their dialog files and to avoid making the game retarded-easy.

EDIT: As with all things, i'm happy to make this a end-user-toggle-able option :P

Here's what their MSG files say if you ask about what they can use:

TYCHO
{165}{}{Pretty good Ranger training: I can use a spear, of course, in a pinch. I'm also skilled with small pistols and rifles.}

IAN
{174}{}{I'm a good shot with just about any sort of pistol, and I can use a
submachine gun, too. I also know how to handle a knife.}

KATJA
{178}{}{I learned how to be a scrapper from my time in the Boneyard. I'm good with knives and submachine guns. My favorite is throwing knives, of course.}

So the animations we'd use for them would be:
TYCHO--> Unarmed, Spear, Pistol, Rifle.
IAN--> Unarmed, NO THROWING (**see below), Pistol, SMG/LargePistol, Knife
KATJA--> Unarmed, Knife, SMG/LargePistol, Throwing Knife

**= Ian likes to throw Flares for some stupid reason.

I guess for Katja it's throwing in general, right ? She'd wipe the map clean with a good stash of grenades :twisted:

Also: I think we're done with the spoiler tags for now :P The world is a better place.

Maybe I'll contribute something to Fallout (2nd can wait for better Cassidy's TH and Subbie, even forever :ugly:)...

Anyway, today I've started detailing some generic TH:

fatty.gif

This supposed to be some kind of doc/scientist/whatever (I planned to plant head gear with big red "eye", because I like Lou ;)).

but then Eureka!... just right after I posted in this thread...

unknownn.gif

it's a half of an hour or work (results are already there - it's a fucking blessing to work with decent concept)... of course, colors, and details don't belong to him.... but to that guy above...

A quiz perhaps? I've included two hints ;)

On a side note: IIRC Yurop had TH is similar style.

Arrr.... Doc Morbid i'm assuming? :-?

EDIT: Either way that's pretty awesome. I need to check who here does voice acting or is willing to; there's a couple NPCs in Fallout 1 that I would love love love to make a talking head for.

The only problem I see is that wav2lip doesn't like to work for Fallout 1 ACMs -- it turns them into Stereo, which makes them play at double speed giving you chipmunk vocals.

I didn't find a way around it before, i'll try again at some point.

Sduibek said:
The only problem I see is that wav2lip doesn't like to work for Fallout 1 ACMs -- it turns them into Stereo, which makes them play at double speed giving you chipmunk vocals.

So slow them down accordingly ?
Then again - I don't know computer audio from a brahmin's ass.

Sduibek said:
there's a couple NPCs in Fallout 1 that I would love love love to make a talking head for.
Like who? Ian, Katja, or Tycho could be pretty tricky - no original concept art that can't be dismissed (true holy gold!)... I already see clashes in their subject :mrgreen: If Doc isn't high priority - no problemo, I'll drop him into archive for later use...

Gaspard said:
Would Tycho always walk with a gas mask on ? :shock:
Not necessarily, for example

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=839246#839246

and

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=839630#839630

EDIT: Oh, that didn't have what I thought it had. Anyway someone in one of the threads i've replied to, talked about imagining him having the mask slung over his shoulder or something.

So to answer your question, up to interpretation I suppose. But all things considered, it wouldn't be a bad idea in a post-apoc world.........

Hi there!

Im having a problem to run this mod. This are my steps:

1.- Install FALLOUT 1 (GoG) in C:\Fallout.
2.- Download FIXT and install it in the same folder of original game (C:\Fallout)
3.- Execute "64 bit OS" or "FALLOUTW" and shows the same error: The instruction at 0000000 referenced memory at 0000000
The memory could not be read from.
After it the common error of APPCRASH.

Im doing something wrong? How can I fix it?

Im using W7 X64 Home Premium

EDIT: Could be the solution to erase the ddraw.dll ? I just do it an seems to run, but I would like to know the consequence of erasing that file.

That's why I wrote Sweet sugar Lara no longer exists... ;) I think, she fits perfectly into Fallout-y art style... she got character... she got balls... ;)

aboreal said:
Hi there!

Im having a problem to run this mod. This are my steps:

1.- Install FALLOUT 1 (GoG) in C:\Fallout.
2.- Download FIXT and install it in the same folder of original game (C:\Fallout)
3.- Execute "64 bit OS" or "FALLOUTW" and shows the same error: The instruction at 0000000 referenced memory at 0000000
The memory could not be read from.
After it the common error of APPCRASH.

Im doing something wrong? How can I fix it?

Im using W7 X64 Home Premium

EDIT: Could be the solution to erase the ddraw.dll ? I just do it an seems to run, but I would like to know the consequence of erasing that file.
What happens if you leave ddraw.dll in place and just run FALLOUTW.EXE directly?

If deleting ddraw fixes it, there must be some kind of graphics conflict going on I would assume......... do you have the newest version of graphics card drivers and DirectX installed on that computer?

I'd also the test various values for MODE in ddraw.ini to see if that helps:
Code:
[Graphics]
;Set to 0 for 8 bit fullscreen
;Set to 1 for 8 bit windowed
;Set to 2 for 16 bit fullscreen
;Set to 3 for 16 bit windowed
;Set to 4 for dx9 fullscreen
;Set to 5 for dx9 windowed
;Mode 1 requires your desktop color depth to be set to 32 bit
;Windowed modes incur a performance hit. (Modes 1 and 5 more so than mode 3)
;The 16 bit color modes cause movies to display incorrect colors, and slows down fades
;dx9 modes cause some corruption of movies, but not as bad as 16 bit color modes
;16 bit color modes only work in fallout 2
;dx9 modes work with fallout 1, but results in movies being completely corrupted
;A dx9 mode is required for any graphics related script extender functions to work (i.e. fullscreen shaders)
Mode=0

Continuum said:
Sduibek said:
there's a couple NPCs in Fallout 1 that I would love love love to make a talking head for.
Like who? Ian, Katja, or Tycho could be pretty tricky - no original concept art that can't be dismissed (true holy gold!)... I already see clashes in their subject :mrgreen: If Doc isn't high priority - no problemo, I'll drop him into archive for later use...
I like the idea of having a head for Doc Morbid and/or Iguana Bob. Not necessary at all but it would be fun.

What about Garl? IMO the "evil path" for Fallout 1 didn't get enough attention, meaning that you can't do much of anything at all in the raider camp. Having a unique face for Garl and fleshing out his dialog some more would be a great start.

John/Luke/Mat - greeters to Hub (maybe? just an idea)

Mrs Stapleton?

Sheriff Greene?

If we feel like it, we could use your Katja head above for Keri, that way there's a talking head for Crimson which could be neat.

Razor

Gabriel

Dr Wu (heh heh heh, just to see someone yelling all his stuff ;)

Just throwing those outta my butt. Shrug.

Back