Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

popej said:
popej said:
Copied from release thread:

night - I could be wrong here but that sounds like the sort of error you'd get if you hadn't followed a certain step in the manual installation procedure.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=1593 <--- Have you followed step 4. on that list? Most importantly, making sure that you've edited it with the correct path's for where you installed the game.

To be honest I didn't think you needed to do that if you've installed FIXT though? Worth a try.

okay that worked but how do I do that with Fallout Fixit?

Re: Fallout 1 mod: Fallout FIXT

night said:
Sduibek said:
Current version: Alpha 1 (July 2nd, 2011)

This mod is packed in ".RAR" files, so you'll need a program such as these to open and extract them:
http://www.7zip.com/
http://www.win-rar.com/

5[/code]

Mine didn't come in a RAR file.
lololol, that's really old, it's an .exe now. I'll remove that from the OP.

Eventually i'll have a zip and exe download for people, zip will just contain the exe so basically double compression. Since the new version is going to be way bigger.

Re: Not working

night said:
I installed the Fallout Fixit mod but its currently not working. When trying to load it its says "Could not find master data file. Please make sure the Fallout CD is in the drive and that you are running Fallout from the directory you installed it to." When it doesn't say that it says I don't have enough room on my drive and that Fallout needs at least 20.0 megabytes to run. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. My computer is a Windows 7 32 bit system.
Not Enough Space:

open fallout.cfg and find "free_space=20480"
Change it to "free_space=0"

If that entry doesn't exist, create it (under System)

--------------------------

Have you actually installed Fallout? Do you have the master.dat and critter.dat files in your main Fallout directory? (and/or the Fallout FIXT directory?)

Also, be absolutely certain that you did a FULL install of the game -- I don't know how the GOG and Steam versions work, but the original Fallout install you'd need to select the Humongous installation option (sized at about 650MB)

If yes, right-click on the exe and go to the Compatability tab. Running in Windows XP SP# mode may help.

Also, check fallout.cfg again, and please make sure you see something like this:
Code:
[sound]
music_path1=C:\Games\Fallout\data\sound\music\
music_path2=D:\data\sound\music\
[system]
critter_dat=C:\Games\Fallout\critter.dat
critter_patches=C:\Games\Fallout\data
master_dat=C:\Games\Fallout\master.dat
master_patches=C:\Games\Fallout\data

Where "C:\Games\Fallout" is of course whatever folder you have FIXT and/or Fallout1 installed in.

night said:
Please read the link again, and also my response to your similar post in the main Fallout 1 FIXT thread. These steps altogether should make your issues go away.

[spoiler:1bf3245b39]
night said:
I installed the Fallout Fixit mod but its currently not working. When trying to load it its says "Could not find master data file. Please make sure the Fallout CD is in the drive and that you are running Fallout from the directory you installed it to." When it doesn't say that it says I don't have enough room on my drive and that Fallout needs at least 20.0 megabytes to run. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Not Enough Space:

Have you actually installed Fallout? Do you have the master.dat and critter.dat files in your main Fallout directory? (and/or the Fallout FIXT directory?)

Also, be absolutely certain that you did a FULL install of the game -- I don't know how the GOG and Steam versions work, but the original Fallout install you'd need to select the Humongous installation option (sized at about 650MB)

If yes, right-click on the exe and go to the Compatability tab. Running in Windows XP SP# mode may help.

Also, check fallout.cfg again, and please make sure you see something like this:
Code:
[sound]
[system]

Where "C:\Games\Fallout" is of course whatever folder you have FIXT and/or Fallout1 installed in.[/spoiler:1bf3245b39]

Regards,
--Sduibek

Re: Not working

Sduibek said:
night said:

Not Enough Space:

Code:
[sound]
[system]

Where "C:\Games\Fallout" is of course whatever folder you have FIXT and/or Fallout1 installed in.

That still didn't fix it. :cry:

Sduibek said:
night said:
Please read the link again, and also my response to your similar post in the main Fallout 1 FIXT thread. These steps altogether should make your issues go away.

[spoiler:38c7de264f]
night said:

Not Enough Space:

Code:
[sound]
[system]

Where "C:\Games\Fallout" is of course whatever folder you have FIXT and/or Fallout1 installed in.[/spoiler:38c7de264f]

Regards,
--Sduibek

Yeah I finnaly understood the directions and it is now running. Thank you very much. :clap: :D

Sduibek said:
EDIT: Here's a hack/fix for disabling invasions in an already-running game. Useful for those playing v99961 or earlier and don't want to make a new character for Alpha 1 ;)
I finally got around to trying this fix and it worked like a charm. Thanks for your dedication Sduibek. :)

popej said:
Sduibek - Apologies if you saw my question but if not could you read my last post?

Thanks
Yes, sorry. I implemented this to fix an easy exploit, didn't get any crashes when I tested it :(

I'll do my best to get a fix by Tuesday.

If you would please send me savegames of that character. Thanks!

Doh! I knew I should have kept it.

I deleted the game and started again. I'll be at that point (Gizmo's) again pretty soon and if I can reproduce the crash I'll send you the savegame.

Thanks

I've tried to fix and clean up Lenore's code from that unreferenced variables found shitty blahs blahs blahs:

[spoiler:ec9eed8870]
Code:
procedure start;
procedure destroy_p_proc;
procedure do_dialogue;
procedure Lenore00;
procedure Lenore01;
procedure Lenore02;
procedure Lenore03;
procedure Lenore04;

variable initialized;
variable home_tile := 29081;
variable CurrentHP;
variable MaxHP;

/*
?import? variable hostile;		// not used
?import? variable armed;		// not used
?import? variable dog_is_angry; // map_var(5)
?import? variable smartass_1;  	// map_var(6)
?import? variable smartass_2; 	// map_var(7)
?import? variable growling; 	// map_var(9)
*/

procedure start
begin
	if (metarule(14, 0) and (CurrentHP != 1)) then begin
		MaxHP := get_critter_stat(self_obj, 7);
		critter_heal(self_obj, MaxHP);
		CurrentHP := 1;
	end
	if (not(initialized)) then begin
		critter_add_trait(self_obj, 1, 6, 5);
		initialized := 1;
	end
	else begin
		if (script_action == 11) then begin
			call do_dialogue;
		end
		else begin
			if (script_action == 18) then begin
				call destroy_p_proc;
			end
			else begin
				if (script_action == 4) then begin
					attack_complex(dude_obj, 0, 1, 0, 0, 30000, 0, 0);
				end
				else begin
					if (script_action == 12) then begin
						if (global_var(628) == 1) then begin
							if (obj_can_see_obj(self_obj, dude_obj)) then begin
								attack_complex(dude_obj, 0, 1, 0, 0, 30000, 0, 0);
							end
						end
						if (map_var(9) == 1) then begin
							call Lenore00;
						end
						if (map_var(5) == 0) then begin
							animate_move_obj_to_tile(self_obj, home_tile, 0);
						end
					end
					else begin
						if (script_action == 8) then begin
							if (action_being_used == 14) then begin
								dialogue_system_enter;
							end
						end
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

procedure destroy_p_proc
begin
	variable LVar0 := 0;
	variable LVar1 := 0;
	LVar1 := critter_inven_obj(self_obj, 1);
	LVar0 := tile_num_in_direction(tile_num(self_obj), random(0, 5), random(0, 2));
	if ((LVar1 != 21) or (LVar1 != 234) or (LVar1 != 235) or (critter_inven_obj(self_obj, 2) != 21) or (critter_inven_obj(self_obj, 2) != 234) or (critter_inven_obj(self_obj, 2) != 235)) then begin
		rm_obj_from_inven(self_obj, LVar1);
		move_to(LVar1, LVar0, elevation(self_obj));
	end
	if (source_obj == dude_obj) then begin
		set_global_var(628, 1);
		set_global_var(247, 1);
		if (((global_var(160) + global_var(159)) >= 25) and ((global_var(159) > (2 * global_var(160))) or (global_var(156) == 1))) then begin
			set_global_var(156, 1);
			set_global_var(157, 0);
		end
		if (((global_var(160) + global_var(159)) >= 25) and ((global_var(160) > (3 * global_var(159))) or (global_var(157) == 1))) then begin
			set_global_var(157, 1);
			set_global_var(156, 0);
		end
		set_global_var(159, global_var(159) + 1);
		if ((global_var(159) % 2) == 0) then begin
			set_global_var(155, global_var(155) - 1);
		end
	end
end

procedure do_dialogue
begin
	if (global_var(5)) then begin
		call Lenore02;
	end
	else begin
		if (not(map_var(5))) then begin
			call Lenore04;
		end
		else begin
			if ((obj_item_subtype(critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, 1)) == 3) or (obj_item_subtype(critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, 2)) == 3)) then begin
				call Lenore01;
			end
			else begin
				call Lenore03;
			end
		end
	end
end

procedure Lenore00
begin
	variable LVar0 := 0;
	variable LVar1 := 0;
	LVar0 := random(1, 3);
	if (LVar0 == 1) then begin
		LVar1 := message_str(375, 101);
	end
	else begin
		if (LVar0 == 2) then begin
			LVar1 := message_str(375, 102);
		end
		else begin
			if (LVar0 == 3) then begin
//			set_global_var(187, 1);
				LVar1 := message_str(375, 103);
			end
		end
	end
//	if (map_var(5)) then begin
		float_msg(self_obj, LVar1, 0);
//	end
//	set_map_var (7, 0);
end

procedure Lenore01
begin
		float_msg(self_obj, message_str(375, 104), 0);
//	end
end

procedure Lenore02
begin
		float_msg(self_obj, message_str(375, 105), 0);
//	end
end
procedure Lenore03
begin
	float_msg(self_obj, message_str(375, 106), 0);
	set_map_var (6, 1);
end

procedure Lenore04
begin
	float_msg(self_obj, message_str(375, 107), 0);
end

not sure what that global_var(187) is needed for... I also removed look_at_p_proc and description_p_proc since I couldn't change MSG's 100 to 108 via script (You see Lenore, instead of You see a peasant). I was getting you have earned 50 experience points kinda text :o only 108 line caused this, and 108 is You see: Lenore. :o). So now there's You see Lenore. and Human female wearing protective leather armor. as description (from PRO_CRIT.MSG).[/spoiler:ec9eed8870]

And here's result:

unled1sd.gif

1) Phil will respond to Lenore's smartass_1 remark.
2) Lenore will display randomly her smartass_2 remarks when Phil runs away from dog.
3) She will enter the house when you solve dog issue.

Original script contains all this stuff, but it is not working.[/spoiler:ec9eed8870]

Speaking of that couple. I think, this part of Phil's code is wrong:

Code:
procedure look_at_p_proc
begin
	script_overrides;
	if (local_var(4) == 1) then begin
		display_msg(message_str(352, 100));
	end
	else begin
		display_msg(message_str(352, 101));
	end
end

It displays "You see: Phil." before HereBefore. It should be opposite.[/spoiler:ec9eed8870]

Also, you may add this to Katja's code:

Code:
procedure look_at_p_proc
begin
	if (global_var(244) < 1) then begin
		script_overrides;
		display_msg(message_str(623, 100));
	end
end

to display this:

Code:
{100}{}{You see a slender young woman with a smudged face and dark clothing.}

as intended.

Or perhaps this supposed to be description?[/spoiler:ec9eed8870]

Cool, thanks!

And yeah, the missing variables stuff is annoying. I've clean up almost all of those, but unofortunately I haven't tested to see which ones actually have issues (i.e. as you saw, after cleaning up all the GVar garbage, it turns out one of her functions wasn't being called properly)

Here's a partial list of all that give that error upon decompile:

Code:
ABEL
BARTER~1 (leftover, use BARTER instead)
BARTERGU (leftover, use BARTER instead)
BARTERGY (leftover, use BARTER instead)
CHDGUARD
CHDSCOUT
CHEATER
CHOCTECH
CRVNMSTR
DEMODOG
DEMOPEAS
DEMOPHIL
DOCLOCKR
GABRIEL
GENGRDB
GIDEON
HBETH
HUBPATNT
INBLADE
IZO
JTGENGRD
KILDOOR1
KILLIAN
LAURA
LARS
LENORE
MORBID
MRHANDYC
MVNUKE
PEASANTD
RADIO
REVULSE
RICHIE
SAUL
SKIPPY
SKUMDOOR
TANDI
THSUPMUT
UTHERN
VDOORMUT
VREE
VTEAM1
VTEAM2
VTEAM3
VTEAM4
VTEAM8

I have a few questions about the invasions:
1. What does one need to do to prevent them from happening? I think in Vanilla you had to kill the Master.
2. Are the variables (game time and Master/Military Base status)checked when the player enters the location?
3. If the player exceeds the time but kills the Masters and/or clears the base before entering the location, will it prevent the invasion from happening?
4. Do the invasions affect the ending for various towns?

That's all I think. Thanks :)

Dr Prozac said:
I have a few questions about the invasions:
1. What does one need to do to prevent them from happening? I think in Vanilla you had to kill the Master.
As far as I know yes, you just need to kill The Master.

2. Are the variables (game time and Master/Military Base status)checked when the player enters the location?
Yes. for the coders among us, it's called within the map_enter_p_proc function
EDIT: Actually a check of all towns' invasion code is run every time you enter any map. Which explains regarding #3 below:

3. If the player exceeds the time but kills the Masters and/or clears the base before entering the location, will it prevent the invasion from happening?
In vanilla versions of Fallout (including europe v1.2 i think) this was true, however in FIXT (and Wasteland Ghost's original code which i'm using) it functions realistically. .....At least, as far as I know. Feel free to test ;)

4. Do the invasions affect the ending for various towns?
It can, yes. I don't know for sure if it affects all of them.

Thanks for a rapid answer :)

I tried to test point 3 (after waiting long enough for the invasions to start), but I got killed by a random armour bypassing critical hit before killing the master.
I didn't get the Power Armour as fast as possible to make the game a bit harder (in addition to tough combat difficulty), so the fight requires a bit more effort. Maybe I'll try again later, this time properly.

I think I'll deal with the Master first anyway, for a change.

Edit: I actually tries a second time, but the game suddenly crashed when entering the vault :) Probably the too many items bug,

shiiit. I'm getting really tired of that bug. I keep thinking I have it fixed (or "fixt", heh heh) :(

Savegames please and thank you.

EDIT: If you're able to also upload your master.dat that would be great. If not, that;'s okay.

Sorry, I currently have no save game with the bug present. When I have one, I'll send it.

This time it happened suddenly. Not after loading a save, as usual. The game just crashed when I was changing location :)

Keep in mind that I haven't installed the latest patch (the one from page 12). Have you changed anything more than the weapon drop code? :)

Anyway I've killed the master to see if it prevents invasions that already happened. It doesn't :) I didn't check the Military base.

I also have a small suggestion: the destroyed Cathedral map should be radioactive :) It was an A-Bomb, wasn't it? :P
Maybe not too big, just enough to get a message.

Should the Weapon Drop code give a chance to drop?

something like (assuming drop is enabled)--

if ( random(0,3) == 1 or 2 ) then
[drop weapon code here]

Small-ish, but visually annoying stuff:

- script_overrides; in look_at_p_proc and description_p_proc is missing in NEAL.INT,

- description_p_proc needs to be removed or altered in JON.INT, GABRIEL.INT, CALEB.INT and GUNRNR.INT. It's repeating exactly the same stuff from look_at_p_proc. Example:

Code:
procedure look_at_p_proc
begin
	script_overrides;
	if (local_var(4) == 1) then begin
		display_msg(message_str(255, 100));
	end
	else begin
		display_msg(message_str(255, 101));
	end
end

procedure description_p_proc