Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Fallout bug

Hey guys,

Are you guys still debugging? I've got one:

My character is currently in the Hub, where the shops are. When I attempt to load my game, Fallout crashes with this error:

The instruction at 004944c0 referenced memory at 00000f00
The memory could not be read from

Windows report says:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FALLOUTW.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3505f1dc
Fault Module Name: FALLOUTW.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3505f1dc
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000944c0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm not sure if this if any of this is any help.

Possible reasons why it's crashing:
I used Falche character editor twice in the early part because I didn't feel like playing through Shady Sands again.

My character has 10 str and I'm using Power Armor

I'm too good for thsi game? xD

Hope any of that helps. If you guys need anything else, feel free to ask.

-Kittenize

Maybe you can give more details.
If the savegame which produces the crashes it that one, and you didn't overwrite it, it might still be useful, but I don't know, I'm not a modder nor coder.

Virus

Hi.
I have some trouble here:
my anti-Virus- Programm always tells me, there is some virus within the "fallout fixt"- Data...

I trust my Anti-Vir-Programm,
but why does it tells me, there is some Virus within?

greetings

Re: Virus

dessoul said:
Hi.
I have some trouble here:
my anti-Virus- Programm always tells me, there is some virus within the "fallout fixt"- Data...

I trust my Anti-Vir-Programm,
but why does it tells me, there is some Virus within?

greetings
I also had this issue. Windows Security Essentials tells me that I had a HackTool:Win32 Patch.D after I tried to install. It was a medium level threat so I'm not sure if it was a virus or what. I quarantined it but I'm thinking I shouldn't have. Is it just part of the patch? I downloaded it from mediafire.

I also had this issue. Windows Security Essentials tells me that I had a HackTool:Win32 Patch.D after I tried to install. It was a medium level threat so I'm not sure if it was a virus or what. I quarantined it but I'm thinking I shouldn't have. Is it just part of the patch? I downloaded it from mediafire.

Yes, me too. I mean, err, sometime this antivir-Programms are not completey right (once i had some stuff on my computer for about 3 years, antivir never told me anything, a new update and suddenly this data is a virus?!? common!)
And sometimes this selfmade patches have the same codexs as viruses, had this problem with some other programm in another game too, but still, dont know what to do, so the "Fallout FIXT" will stay in quarantin, just to be sure...

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. It's regarding the ddraw tool for fixing scrambled colors (well one of those tools, anyway). I know the virus alert is bogus because I've seen it too, but I will probably remove it in Alpha 5 because I know people really don't like seeing positives from antivirus software (even known false positives)

Which is a shame because it's a really effective tool. Ah well. I'll just make it an optional additional download I guess.

Re: Kittenize

kittenize said:
I still have the savegame. If you want me to upload it somewhere, I can.

Any way to help :)
Yes yes, save games always helpful.

And your thought about Strength 10 isn't a bad one, make a backup of the current save files, then modify the character again to have Strength 6 and see if that makes a difference.

It could be savegame corruption, I've heard of that happening to some people. I didn't think it was possible with official patch 1.1/1.2 but who knows, stranger things have happened.

What were you doing in the game right before the save started crashing?

It didn't work when I modified Strength to 6. Where could I upload the savegame?

I just joined the Brotherhood and got the quest to scope out the Military Base.

I headed towards the Hub to be able to sell off gear.

Tycho has Power Armor as well, if maybe that's why it crashed.

It did act a little weird when I was trading stuff. The my value counter was more than the shop's and she wouldn't take it (Not enough caps she says).

I found if I trade a couple hundred caps at a time it worked. I bought a bunch of science books and read my way from 60ish to 90ish percent skill.

Then saved, then crashed when I walked off the map.

Up to this point, I've finished everything but the military base, quests in Brotherhood, and cathedral.

The fight was Garl was pretty buggy as well. After I beat him in one to one combat, it wouldn't teleport me back unless I killed him (Which then everyone tries to kill me).

Tycho had a Turbo Plasma Rifle in his inventory, maybe that's another reason it crashed. He shouldn't equip it though, right?

Okay I got everything installed right. For anyone else that has the "Can't find MASTER DATA file." on Windows Vista

1. you install Fallout

2. you install Fallout Fixt (Alpha 4)

3.When installing Alpha 4 the installer will ask you which folder do you want to install. Fallout FIXT (by default it will makes its own folder) you want to change that folder to the Fallout folder for the original game
[ Local Disc / Program Files / GOG.com (replace name with whatever folder this might be I got mine from GOG.com) / Fallout ]

4. Follow the rest of the installer steps

5. Install Alpha 4.1 by placing files from WinRAR (or whatever program you use) in the Fallout folder you installed Alpha 4 into.

6. Run Install.bat by double clicking on it once when it is in the Fallout folder? (I'm unsure about this one if someone can inform me that would be nice unless I got it right then I would like to know that I got it right)

7. Click on the Fallout FIXT icon, setup desired resolution, and enjoy the game. :mrgreen:

Hello guys. I have a problem with the mod. I'm in Junktown and if I'm want to rest I leave the city and try to go anywhere on the map, the game crashes. It says" The instruction at 0043af42 referenced memory at 00000000 The memory could not read from."

I'm using a 64bit Win7. Sorry if someone else write this about too but there were so many post that I haven't got the patience to read it all. I also have the savegame so I can send it to you if it's necessary.[/img]

Excellent work! But you do have to update 2 of the mods/enhancements you use, namely Sfall and the HiRes patch.

The version of Sfall used in FIXT is out of date. Sfall/timeslip 1.9b is NOT the last version to support Fallout 1. The last version to support Fallout 1 is Sfall/timeslip version version 1.18e (the numbers after the decimal point in the version number went up from 1 thru 9 and then went to 10 and higher, so 1.18 is higher than 1.9 in this version numbering scheme used by Sfall). Here are links for Sfall 1.18e (the final version for Fallout 1):

Sfall 1.18e for Fallout 1 download - it's in the 7zip format

Sfall 1.18e for Fallout 1 readme - read this!

Also, you can see the most recent version of the old pre-SourceForge website for Timeslip's Sfall through archive.org right here. This is no longer present on the current version of Timeslip's website because he moved Sfall to SourceForge and no longer has the versions for Fallout 1 on his site anymore.

Also, the HiRes patch is now at version 3.0.6, see here. 3.0.3 is no longer the latest version.

Please update both of these in your Fallout FIXT patch and put out a new version with these updates so that everything in it is up to date. Thank you.

Guy, you should read the thread before making suggestions. Since it's not the final version, and since one can simply update the installed version, taking the time for updating every time those patches get updated means less time for the actual development of the mod. There will be alpha 5, and that will use the latest patches for the time it comes out.
Sduibek is aware of the latest versions and the latest changes on them.
Thanks anyway.

yetisyny said:
Excellent work! But you do have to update 2 of the mods/enhancements you use, namely Sfall and the HiRes patch.

The version of Sfall used in FIXT is out of date. Sfall/timeslip 1.9b is NOT the last version to support Fallout 1. The last version to support Fallout 1 is Sfall/timeslip version version 1.18e (the numbers after the decimal point in the version number went up from 1 thru 9 and then went to 10 and higher, so 1.18 is higher than 1.9 in this version numbering scheme used by Sfall). Here are links for Sfall 1.18e (the final version for Fallout 1):

Sfall 1.18e for Fallout 1 download - it's in the 7zip format

Sfall 1.18e for Fallout 1 readme - read this!

Also, you can see the most recent version of the old pre-SourceForge website for Timeslip's Sfall through archive.org right here. This is no longer present on the current version of Timeslip's website because he moved Sfall to SourceForge and no longer has the versions for Fallout 1 on his site anymore.

Also, the HiRes patch is now at version 3.0.6, see here. 3.0.3 is no longer the latest version.

Please update both of these in your Fallout FIXT patch and put out a new version with these updates so that everything in it is up to date. Thank you.
Oppen said:
Guy, you should read the thread before making suggestions. Since it's not the final version, and since one can simply update the installed version, taking the time for updating every time those patches get updated means less time for the actual development of the mod. There will be alpha 5, and that will use the latest patches for the time it comes out.
Sduibek is aware of the latest versions and the latest changes on them.
Thanks anyway.
It's all good, no need to get cranky about it. yetisyny thank you for the info, I didn't realize that version of ddraw/timeslip/sfall was the newest, I will definitely look into it. And of course I do plan on keeping everything else (e.g. HiRes mod) up to date in all versions of FIXT, but I haven't been able to work on this since late October, and unfortunately it looks like I won't for a while longer. Possibly six months or so. I really don't like that because I love working on projects like this, but real life and schoolwork takes precedence unfortunately.

kittenize said:
It didn't work when I modified Strength to 6. Where could I upload the savegame?
Dang. Thanks for trying.

Regarding uploading it -- Pretty much anywhere... Box.net, Mediafire, 4shared, sendspace...

kittenize said:
Tycho has Power Armor as well, if maybe that's why it crashed.
That's actually not a bad idea. Try giving him Leather Armor and see if that helps.

kittenize said:
It did act a little weird when I was trading stuff. The my value counter was more than the shop's and she wouldn't take it (Not enough caps she says).
If you were selling anything with charges (Geiger Counter, StealthBoy, Motion Sensor) this is an engine bug unfortunately.

kittenize said:
I found if I trade a couple hundred caps at a time it worked. I bought a bunch of science books and read my way from 60ish to 90ish percent skill.
That's the way to go. I love 'max'ing out all the 'bookable' skills that way :D :mrgreen:

TL8ez said:
Hello guys. I have a problem with the mod. I'm in Junktown and if I'm want to rest I leave the city and try to go anywhere on the map, the game crashes. It says" The instruction at 0043af42 referenced memory at 00000000 The memory could not read from."

I'm using a 64bit Win7. Sorry if someone else write this about too but there were so many post that I haven't got the patience to read it all. I also have the savegame so I can send it to you if it's necessary.[/img]
Using 64bit OS is not a problem. First make sure you are NOT running the game from Program Files because this messes up any old apps. If it's there, move it to Program Files (x86).

Anyway rest a while, either at the Crash House or just with your Pip Boy, then try again to leave the map. If issue continues, please send me your SAVEGAME directory (all of it) and indicate which ones are having the issue.

Takuat said:
Whenever I try to leave the Khans hideout with Tandi my game crashes. Any help?
Please try the same as above -- resting before leaving map, and if that doesn't work, to please send me your savegames.

Thank you all for the bug reports!

Fixt

If you could just release a quick patch especially for the necropolis problems then that would be great, but I understand if you lack the time.

Back