Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Hiya there fellas.

I am using the 0.81 alpha and have 'use all weapons' ticked for Tycho in the installer.
I am encountering a problem where I give him a laser rifle and tell him to use it - he seems to equip it, judging by barter/steal screens, but in combat, he prefers to use his fists instead. Telling him to prefer range doesn't work.

Is this normal? Or should he really be able to use virtually ANY weapons?

P.S. Keep up the good work, Sduibek. My FO1 revisisit would not be the same without your (and TeamX's) efforts.

Hiya there fellas.

I am using the 0.81 alpha and have 'use all weapons' ticked for Tycho in the installer.
I am encountering a problem where I give him a laser rifle and tell him to use it - he seems to equip it, judging by barter/steal screens, but in combat, he prefers to use his fists instead. Telling him to prefer range doesn't work.

Is this normal? Or should he really be able to use virtually ANY weapons?

P.S. Keep up the good work, Sduibek. My FO1 revisisit would not be the same without your (and TeamX's) efforts.
Ahem, yes. That is normal because Tycho has little to no skill in Energy Weapons, fun fact is Katja does according to her vanilla proto id but cannot use anything since she lacks the required sprites!… What a shame TeamX decided to wipe all the non-combat related skills for the NPC Armor mod.

I know Ian would be a great friend if he could actually use those Big Guns against the mutants in Necropolis.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make Steam recognize that I'm playing Fallout when I run Fallout Fixt? I tried adding "-steamappid 38400" at the end of the shortcut's path but it doesn't work like it does with 3 and NV. It might be because the executable is in its own folder and not with the original.

OK...first off, a hearty "Hell yes!!" for the mod. Great stuff and breathes unimaginable new life into Fallout. I'm loving the search for new stuff. Now, on to the good stuff...I found the Uzi everyone is talking about. Not sure if it was covered in later posts. So, when I walked into the northern area of level 2 I got a new message about the glass case being empty so, "there must be an uzi laying around here somewhere." I found 3 cases of 9MM ball by the rubble to the NE but didn't see the gun. Googled and got this page...looked by the bed...no luck. So I did a full sweep hugging the wall. If you hug the left wall as you go north, it is in the corner to the NW on the floor. Can't wait to try it out! I also got the message concerning the rats coming through the tunnel but must have failed the check to access the Command Center. Will have to reload & try again. Good hunting ppl.

I don't remember where I found it, but I do remember I realized way too late that it was apparently unique and that I broke it in a critical fail :(
By then I had found the alien blaster, though, so I'd probably only give the uzi to Katja.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just installed Fixt 0.81alpha for my Steam version and I wanted to know if there was a way to make it so that when I launch Fixt, Steam actually shows that I'm playing Fallout 1. Right now when I launch Fixt, it doesn't say I'm playing the game and it won't track the hours I've spent playing it.

Great job on the mod-pack by the way :razz:

I just finished up my first playthrough of Fallout! What a game. Anyway, I went through the changelog and thought that some of the tweaks below might not exactly belong in the “Fixes Only” version. They are mostly item stat changes and balance changes from vanilla. Here they are (restore means restored to vanilla as per the definition in the changelog):

Game State: Restore starting items (aside from fixes for the algorithms for tagged skills)

Traps: Restore traps mechanics and damage (aside from the explosions trap fix)

Holodisks: Restore the original amount of XP earned per holodisk

Perks/Traits: Restore original bonuses of Survivalist, Educated and Skilled (and any others I might have missed that were changed)

Bags: Restore original capacity of backpacks and duffel bags

Armor: Restore Rad Resistance of Combat and Brotherhood Armor
Restore Laser Resistance of Armors (Robes, Leather Jacket, and Leather, Metal, Combat, Brotherhood, Power and Hardened Power Armor)
Restore Electrical Resistance of Robes
Restore Normal/Fire/Explosion resistances of Tesla Armor
(and any other armors I might have missed that were changed)

Ammo: Restore price of AP ammo (since AP ammo should make a difference in the engine conversion)

Consumables: Restore stats of Rad-x, Irradiated Fruit, Iguana-on-a-Stick, Nuka-Cola, Beer and Booze (and any other consumables I may have missed)

Doors: Restore destruction of metal doors (back to 3 blasts)

Combat: Remove critical fail restorations
Restore chance of getting 1 rad from Irradiated Rats and Glowing Ghouls to 1/6
Restore critters and NPCs chance to do a called shot
Restore Mr Handy original functionality and stats
Restore inventory and weapons of Invasion Mutants

Vault 13: Restore medic’s healing times and amounts
Restore number of hours that pass between uses of the Vault teaching system

Random Encounters: Restore dehydration and rockfalls damage

The Hub: Restore Mrs. Stapleton's bartermod

The Glow: Restore ZAX chess game (aside from fixing earning experience)

Necropolis: Restore Ghouls behavior regarding the water chip and water pump

The Brotherhood: Restore how to access the Armory (remove explosives and lockpick option)

Military Base: Restore Mr Handy so he can’t join your team

Hopefully these will make the “Fixes Only” version feel closer to vanilla Fallout! Maybe they could just be made optional? Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just installed Fixt 0.81alpha for my Steam version and I wanted to know if there was a way to make it so that when I launch Fixt, Steam actually shows that I'm playing Fallout 1. Right now when I launch Fixt, it doesn't say I'm playing the game and it won't track the hours I've spent playing it.

I would like to get a fix for this as well! Need to log those hours! ;)

I would like to get a fix for this as well! Need to log those hours! ;)

Why does it matter? :confused: Does Steam offer some goodie for certain hours?

Sometimes, .Pixote., people just want to know their logged hours, or to show them off. Otherwise, no, I don't think it matters.

I have been playing fixt 0.81alpa for few days but I have an issue. I can't complete the quest find the missing caravans...after talking to Harold I tried talking to Slappy but I get nothing...

Just wanted to say thanks for the continued support of this ultimate Fallout 1 experience. I was just checking back and sure enough there was a new update to try. I make the guides for playing Fallout on Android and I recommend this Mod to users who want the best Fallout 1 experience. Try playing it on Android with the latest easy setup guide using Exagear RPG. I had some issues with some of the features in the previous full custom pack but the just fixes worked perfectly for me.

[video=youtube_share;Co78pPKakkI]https://youtu.be/Co78pPKakkI[/video]

[Guide+Video]How to Play Classic PC Games on Android with Exagear RPG/Strategies(XDA)
How to Play Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics on Android[No Mutants Thread]

Last edited:
Sduibek, I just recently starting playing Fallout Fixt again after showing it to a friend and I must say I'm seriously impressed with all the new content. Every time I turn around I seem to notice some simple annoyance that is now fixed, such as the current/maximum weight in the inventory screen. So simple, yet so nice to have fixed! And leveling above level twenty one- drool inducing! And I read that you managed to include a working Follower's Spy quest. . . just wow! Bravo- seriously!

But the icing on the cake is seeing my name in those credits. It means a lot, it really does and if ever I can provide assistance again- you've but to ask!

Just to remain productive I've noticed that you can no longer speak to Laura in Vault 13 during the meeting, which provides alternate dialog then normally talking to her. Instead she will simply comment on the later hour. You can eventually talk to her which produces her normal dialog. The quest can still be completed though.

Have a good one and once again- well done!

I know being an ideas man is the lowest of the low, but I had another one:

Are there any plans to make functioning vendors? No use building caps past a certain point (especially with no real level cap now) once all their useful stock can be bought and that's that. Is there any way to extend Mrs. Stapleton's code/script for a stock (of books) refresh to other vendors so they continue to sell useful items in perpetuity, i.e. stims and ammo?

I say this having reached level 12 on my latest character and have cleaned out all Junktown, Hub, and Boneyard merchants for everything useful, and now earning caps is an utterly pointless endeavor - not much of an economy, nor can I see myself sustaining my game for another few dozen levels due to lack of supplies.

I know you'll probably read this a few months from now Sdubiek (and good luck with your school btw) but is a graft of a current mechanic (book shop inventory refresh) in the cards for other vendors?

At the moment, the only solution I see to a perpetually extending game via the new level cap is to use a save editor to reset the vendors from time to time.

Edit: Maybe a simpler solution would to add every single weapon type to Talus and Michael in the BoS? I just went there for the first time to pick up more grenades for my melee/throwing character only to learn that the requisition guy for the most advanced technology and weapons hoarders inexplicably only carries basic small guns munitions. No plasma grenades? No rockets or flamer fuel? He even gives you a small delivery quest for EMP grenades, yet he doesn't give them out to you? I don't know.

Last edited:
That's a general problem in the Fallout games as well as many others. Economy usually works just a few levels and then it breaks. In the beginning you have to work to get stuff to sell and there is stuff you can buy and use, later on in the game, you can't either sell stuff, at least not for a good price, or if you can sell it, you can't buy stuff, or if you can buy it, the stuff you get isn't useful at all, or you can loot much more and better stuff than you can ever buy. People tried to solve that in various games in many different ways, however, it almost always ends up breaking the game balance in another way or for other play stiles, character classes, etc.

On medium difficulty for me the economy breaks usually while being in The Hub if I play sloppy, if I play more carefully (pickpocketing a lot, looting everything that is possible, etc.) as soon as I reached The Hub cause I can buy everything that is buyable (taking out the Khans does the trick, which is fairly easy on medium and with the right skills). I get the guns I want and usually use throughout the game (or at least until late in the game), I have all the ammo and stims I need. The Gun Runners offer a bit but at that point caps and equipment are not the problem. In Fallout 2 economy starts tumbeling down in Vault City, getting even worse through restocking vendors and the massive amount of high value loot you get in random encounters, once you have the car, the only problem is to not get killed in random encounters when traveling between Cities to sell stuff. This also renders the barter skill entirely useless.

I have similar problems in Morrowind, economy usually breaks after a few hours, in Oblivion, Fallout 3 or the Gothic games it lasts a bit longer. And, I know, others often have the opposite problem.

Last edited:
The economy is broken in F1 almost by default. There was so much to take from the Raiders Camp you needed an NPC purely as a mule, (a 0 AP non-combat mule if necessary). You could then take everything from Killian's store at 0 cost, (the F2 engine makes this easier).

Hello Sduibek and helpers,

Fallout Fixt looks really fantastic! So much free time spent in improving Fallout 1, just wow! Thank you and all helpers very much!

I never played Fallout 1 or any other Fallout version, but i have Fallout 1 (english & german) and Fallout 3 Game of Year edition (my PC is much too slow for that) original games. I really like to play Fallout 1 improved by Fallout Fixt. But first I have a simple question. Fallout Fixt improved so much, but if check your link to bug reports, then I noticed, there seems still much do. Now I ask myself, is the Fallout 1 ready to play or too buggy and I should better wait another year?

I am from germany and like programming, I would like to help (just at weekend, because i am working), probably with translation.

Have a nice weekend!

Back