Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dionis, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Where in Reno is Patrick now again? I forgot...

2. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Next to Eldorado is an apartment building. He's on the last floor.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Oh yeah it's him!

4. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    I didn't get any experience for completing the killer plant quest at Lovelock. Is that common?

e: I didn't get any xp for fixing the watertank either. Do you know why you don't get xp as quest rewards?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  5. rolandladd

rolandladd First time out of the vault

Jan 16, 2022
    Where is the current best place to download the most recent version of the game? And what patches, if any, should I get?

6. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Look in the first post! There's a download link and instructions. I quote the section below:

7. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jan 31, 2017
    link in the first post of this thread. No external patches are required, but it's planned: a little update.
    Change\update log: is available before installing the mod.

8. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    @william dempsey have some trouble running Nevada.

Can you guys help him?

9. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
  10. Cipka

Cipka First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2022
    Hi, I want to play on my tablet Fallout Nevada and I want the best version for my first start which is I guess lasted Extended version.

Can anybody help me with Exagear on Android with Fallout Nevada Extended 2.0.3.3?

I installed Extended with english option in root folder on Fallout 2 GOG and when I use Exagear RPG, it loads normal version in Russian and in game menu is visable normal version of the game. If I use Exagear Strategies it loads all fine, game menu is in English and I see it is Nevada 2.0 in menu.

Problem is I need to use Exagear RPG for Ferrum controls which is not available in Strategies.

Does anybody has the same problem and know how to fix it?

11. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Ext.vers. - is the current version. Exagear RPG was not used.
    Android version? As far as I heard, exagear rpg is no longer supported, and may not work correctly on devices with android 10 and above.

It's possible (but not exactly.):
    - Use method 2 when installing (root directory mode). read more here.
    - You will need to replace sfall with an older version (open game folder\dont_use\sfall_1.8.28)

As an alternative - magic dosbox + win95 and bosh or qemu.

12. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 28, 2009
    Thumb up for the username... :D .... I luled..

Anyways, Exagear Win Emulator Worked perfectly fine on Android 10 however it is no longer the case with Android 11
    I ran Fo1.5:Resurrection as a proof of concept on Android. I once had a chat with a guy who managed to run sfall dependant games on ExaGearRPG. You need to add an override in winecfg.exe for f2_res.dll and ddraw.dll to "native" i have no idea how to force it in ExagearRPG, as you'd need to run winecfg.exe from within ExagearRPG as it has no external mode like windows emulator. If You run Android 11 than, Iwouldn't get your hopes up. I havent managed to run sfall dependant game even on "ExaGear Windows Emulaotor" under Android 11, it has too much internal changes compared to Android 10, in order to work. ExaGear in official shapes or forms hasn't been updated to support Android 11 since Eltechs dropped support from google play and went silent.. I have no idea of their further werabounts, and forgone further ventures to play not fully ported pc games on Android.

13. VonZorch

VonZorch First time out of the vault

Jan 1, 2012
    How do I get to the New Reno Stadium?
    I'm playing extended 2.0.3.3 English on Linux with Wine.
    The north exit grid from Hotel Silver goes to the courtyard behind the El Dorado. Is this a bug?

Update:
    Never mind about the Stadium, I found the way.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  14. Cipka

Jan 20, 2022
    _Pyran_ I've got 2.6.8 version of RPG, the game and mod in root folder is installed propely, I've copied Sfall 1.8.28 but still the same...

gustarballs1983 thanks for thumb :D i luled too with You :P nice You noticed

My android version is 10, I've got also Exagear Windows Emulator with support of SD card, but Fallout run better on Exagear RPG or I maybe got bad graphic drivers in Windows Emulator..anyways it doesn't load Extended either xD

I've added in Exagear RPG ddraw.dll with native but doesn't helped. I saw in Strategies there is a lot more libraries dll in winecfg.

RPG 2.6.8 got also old Wine 1.6.2 when Strategies 3.5 got Wine 3.11, maybe this is a problem that it doesn't load Fallout Extended propely in order to Strategies.

Any more clues? I fighting with this from a week every day.. Is it playable on Cuprum controls? Is there an option to add Ferrum controls to Strategies or is it sense to play Nevada 1.0 or I will ruin a fun from a game because of something for example bugs?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  15. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Seen advice to try Exagear v2.5.4 or 2.5.7.
    Nevada 1.0 - not recommended (not many fixes).

16. Cipka

Jan 20, 2022
    Thanks for tip, I've tested 2.5.3, 2.5.4, 2.5.7 and still nothing, only Strategies 3.5 load fine version.

It is playable with Cuprum controls but it would be nice if RPG could work ;)

17. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    That's great!

We're a couple of people who are currently playing Fallout: Nevada. Check this thread out and join us! We're going to continue with the other Fallout games later on. The only requirement is that you post about your gaming experience in that thread as you make your way through the game. I am in Reno myself actually.

18. NotZak

NotZak First time out of the vault

Jan 22, 2022
    Anyone have any links to the other mentioned community / official releases?

19. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    The second link from the first post - is the official website

20. VonZorch

VonZorch First time out of the vault

Jan 1, 2012
    I have two unrelated question.
    1. Is it safe to use YAAM?
    2. Who can, and will, teach me how to make Antidote and Healing Powder?