Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

You don't have to do any of that. I forgot who you had to speak to about it, I think it's the ghoul, but you can lure out the worms to come out of the ground by making lots of noises and deal with them personally. It's real tough fight, though, but at least you can enlist the help from one of the guys.
How do I make those noises? I fought those giant rats which i am sure was noisy and no worms came. I spoke ot the ghoul and he said to "make noises" and that he would make a dynamite pack for me.. but again i try to avoid that :)

How do I make those noises? I fought those giant rats which i am sure was noisy and no worms came. I spoke ot the ghoul and he said to "make noises" and that he would make a dynamite pack for me.. but again i try to avoid that :)

Chinese couple has noisemakers on one of their shelves. Take them and hang them on a pole outside the mine and then use them.

So on another playthrough..
Is there a place I can get Combat Armor (and the get it upgraded to Combat Armor Mark II?) And I dont mean the two late game places ... because by that point the game is nearly over.. Aree there any places we cna reach in midgame for those? Also is there another source for powerarmor other than that guy assembling it from parts in SLC? Why do I ask? Because I seen playthrought where the characters wears old school power armor which I prefer... but when I get the PA in SLC it looks like Enclave armor..

Why do I ask? Because I seen playthrought where the characters wears old school power armor which I prefer... but when I get the PA in SLC it looks like Enclave armor.
No. Because you play Crazy Edition. There has been changed to black armor to match the picture in the inventory and the cover of the game:
04901b718c4a37e80a49e3c7b99ff266.png

e3b1dcf6674bf914f3ce00b368855784.jpg

Thank you Sir! :)

Also
My "idle man/machnist disappeared on ym 2nd playthrough... I spoke to him in hotel told him all is ready and to meet me at railroad staion just like last time.. just like last time i see no one but last time the train started when I tried.. Now it tells me again to look for another guy... So I spoke to the Sherrif, in case he intercepted him but he says nothing.. Also the Sherrif does not try to stop me from going to railroad yard... the "machinist" is still gone from hotel.. tired to get another guy as a substitue this one from wind of war and the dialogue dindt even open.

So on another playthrough..
Is there a place I can get Combat Armor (and the get it upgraded to Combat Armor Mark II?) And I dont mean the two late game places ... because by that point the game is nearly over.. Aree there any places we cna reach in midgame for those? Also is there another source for powerarmor other than that guy assembling it from parts in SLC? Why do I ask? Because I seen playthrought where the characters wears old school power armor which I prefer... but when I get the PA in SLC it looks like Enclave armor..

Other PA source
you can assemble it yourself, but you'll need high skills, all parts that you give to guy at SLC and a broken PA (you can steal it from mechanic or get from a corpse of PA user- last boss, general at Winds of War or leader of bikers at Battle Mountain

Thank you Sir! :)

Also
My "idle man/machnist disappeared on ym 2nd playthrough... I spoke to him in hotel told him all is ready and to meet me at railroad staion just like last time.. just like last time i see no one but last time the train started when I tried.. Now it tells me again to look for another guy... So I spoke to the Sherrif, in case he intercepted him but he says nothing.. Also the Sherrif does not try to stop me from going to railroad yard... the "machinist" is still gone from hotel.. tired to get another guy as a substitue this one from wind of war and the dialogue dindt even open.

When you hire a guy he gets into the train. Are you sure you have the computer reapaired? If nothing works reload earlier save

Other PA source
you can assemble it yourself, but you'll need high skills, all parts that you give to guy at SLC and a broken PA (you can steal it from mechanic or get from a corpse of PA user- last boss, general at Winds of War or leader of bikers at Battle Mountain

When you hire a guy he gets into the train. Are you sure you have the computer reapaired? If nothing works reload earlier save

Yes computer is repaired and installed. I tried both with and w/o the exit door burend down after I talk to my machinist at 6 bullets hotel to meet me at train I notice a) Sherriff not there trying to stop me on the way and b)when I try to activate train it tells me "find a driver" .. I even tried to hire a new "idle man" at WoW (my "original" was from SLC) but the dialogue was unavailable

First off, congrats to all the people involved in making it. Great game, great use of the skills and I love how I can never guess what sort of random encounter I may find. It was like playing Fallout 1 and 2 for the first time and I actually spent time figuring it out instead of running to the walkthroughs.

I have not bing played since Killaps Restoration Patch.

Great stuff and superb story and the translation. I toast to you guys.

I will also add I had to break out my RPG journal to take notes like I did in the old days. Great stuff. Nice to see an RPG that does not leave bread crumb trails.

Its an incredible game... I must admit I struggled leveling up and built my character for success in vanilla FO2... but NV is different... And incredibly bug free. Now on my 2nd playthrough I found a bug but I will probably just playthrough again.

I have gone through much of the game but I have missed\lost the bikers trail. I think around Vegas. I´ve raided V8, Area 51, Poseidon, Radio stations etc, but haven´t met anyone talking about the biker for a long time. I think the last I heard of him was in Winds of War. I have a jammer which is probably a main quest item. Tried to use it on a lot of things but I guess it doesn´t work if out of proper quest sequence. Kind of strange I can´t ask the bikers anything about him. Someone give me a hint to continue main quest please.

I have gone through much of the game but I have missed\lost the bikers trail. I think around Vegas. I´ve raided V8, Area 51, Poseidon, Radio stations etc, but haven´t met anyone talking about the biker for a long time. I think the last I heard of him was in Winds of War. I have a jammer which is probably a main quest item. Tried to use it on a lot of things but I guess it doesn´t work if out of proper quest sequence. Kind of strange I can´t ask the bikers anything about him. Someone give me a hint to continue main quest please.
In the bunker Reno that everyone is talking about.

Is it me or the ending is quite rushed ? Is it some kind of sequel hook ?

After visiting a billions of prewar bunker to investigate the fact that people are monitoring the vaults and having a train, i get dropped the whole plot in a short timescale. I have the sheriff and the overseer giving me all the exposition about the reaper and the president, who are dealt with soon after, in a midly-climatic way (i am not even sure i killed the president, as he had a death animation but no loss of hp), then my train driver choose to betray me because... some reason. (and he expect to handle me with two guys in leather armor after i blasted the reaper). Then, the last interaction is with a random guy from a random organization (that might be the Enclave), without much buildup. It seems there could have been a potential plot with those clones, but i don't know what was scrapped or if i've missed some information. (it also seem to me that the reaper and the president were ultimately peripherical to the plot) I still intend to replay the thing, but so far, i have been pretty disapointed by the ending. Doesn't need to be a mindfucking plot, but the delivery matters.

Is it me or the ending is quite rushed ? Is it some kind of sequel hook ?

After visiting a billions of prewar bunker to investigate the fact that people are monitoring the vaults and having a train, i get dropped the whole plot in a short timescale. I have the sheriff and the overseer giving me all the exposition about the reaper and the president, who are dealt with soon after, in a midly-climatic way (i am not even sure i killed the president, as he had a death animation but no loss of hp), then my train driver choose to betray me because... some reason. (and he expect to handle me with two guys in leather armor after i blasted the reaper). Then, the last interaction is with a random guy from a random organization (that might be the Enclave), without much buildup. It seems there could have been a potential plot with those clones, but i don't know what was scrapped or if i've missed some information. (it also seem to me that the reaper and the president were ultimately peripherical to the plot) I still intend to replay the thing, but so far, i have been pretty disapointed by the ending. Doesn't need to be a mindfucking plot, but the delivery matters.

I've played with the Polish translation, so I didn't know how much was a fault of two translations and how much was a fault of original text, but I felt quite confused about the ending. It treated the revelation that PC is a clone of a Dweller that died shortly after Moreaus' disapperance, but I already found about it 15 minutes into the game by hacking the computer in Vault 8. Jay Kukish dies off-screen and you get info- dumps from Overseer, President and Reaper. Then that strange fight with engineer and his 2 goons and you head for Vault 8. You kill some clones that are a piece of cake when compared to Reaper and have a talk with a guy in PA (I accidentally went straight for Vault console and missed him).

Also I don't know if I did something wrong, but Black Rock, Gerlach, Uranium City and Bridgeport had no slides. Also slides for Las Vegas and SLC felt rather lacking details when compared to Reno, tribals, raiders, Big Louis and Winds of War.

I had same problem, look to post 1503 for solution :-)

HeLlo, I started playing this again after more than a year. Is this the right thread for us who need help with Fallout of Nevada?

Playing an evil play through. Fun times. Definitely like the choices and how you cannot play all sides in New Reno.

Back