Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

ok, updated:
  • added 2 missing lines to pro_items in English Lang. (list of Nisckiguar & Thomson's Plasmagun).
  • and add sfall-e 4.2.9.
  • sFall config 1.4.9.1
  • and add autoclose opened containers (optional).
  • Mod renamed to "Complete", so as not to be confused with the standalone version.
  • Link remains the same.

Last edited:
Hello,

After the intro I see a buggy interface for a second, then only black screen.

I installed it into same folder as Fallout 2 gog version, I run Windows 10 64 bit.

Tried some of the solutions here such as choosing DX9 as render but nothing worked so far.

Can anybody help?

thanks.

They are in the same folder already.
Make sure the path is correct:
1.png
or check config.cfg:
music_path1=data\sound\music\
music_path2=sound\music\
critter_dat=critter.dat
critter_patches=data
master_dat=master.dat
master_patches=data

Last edited:
Make sure the path is correct:
1.png
or check config.cfg:
music_path1=data\sound\music\
music_path2=sound\music\
critter_dat=critter.dat
critter_patches=data
master_dat=master.dat
master_patches=data

All done, still no change.

Whenever I type something in game, its in Russian, how do I fix that? Save files and my characters name are in Russian.

Whenever I type something in game, its in Russian, how do I fix that? Save files and my characters name are in Russian.
scroll lock

Mini-Updated:
  • sfall-Ext 4.2.9.1.
  • Updated information on hot keys.
  • The "warning" contains information about changing the encoding.
  • Auto.open.unlocked box v1. 1.

Last edited:
Sometimes, mods refuse to work from a subfolder, in this case, reinstall mod to main folder with the game (see screenshots).

Installation:
Answer:
The main path of the game and the mod should not be different. Example:
Correctly: X:\My Games\Fallout 2 & X:\My Games\Fallout 2\<Mod>
Wrong: X:\My Games\Fallout 2 & X:\Games\Fallout 2\<Mod>
Additionally: (try these options)
*. Change the installation path of the game: C:\Program Files\Fallout 2 to C:\Games\Fallout 2 or D:\Games\Fallout 2.
*. Install mod in the main game folder. Example: X:\Games\Fallout 2 & X:\Games\Fallout 2\<Mod>, and clickcheckbox "Root Directory Mode" on next page of the installer.
*. Also, you can try to replace sfall to alternative. In the mod folder, open the folder 'dont_use\sfall2_1.8.28_by_Crafty' and copy its contents to the mod folder(if other options don't help).

In the screenshots, replace 'Megamod' to 'Nevada'
1. Install Fallout 2, example C:\Games\Fallout 2
2. Install Nevada to C:\Games\Fallout 2\Nevada
3. Start Nevada from desktop icon.
or
2. Install Nevada to C:\Games\Fallout 2
3. Chech "Root directory mode"
4. Start Nevada from desktop icon (Nevada.lnk)
4.1. or directly from the NevadaHD.exe mod folder.

Launch:
Open mod folder and run hi-res_conf.exe - change Graphic mode: ddraw7 \ dx9.
Change resolution to a lower value (for test).

Last edited:
Sometimes, mods refuse to work from a subfolder, in this case, reinstall mod to main folder with the game (see screenshots).

Installation:
Answer:
The main path of the game and the mod should not be different. Example:
Correctly: X:\My Games\Fallout 2 & X:\My Games\Fallout 2\<Mod>
Wrong: X:\My Games\Fallout 2 & X:\Games\Fallout 2\<Mod>
Additionally: (try these options)
*. Change the installation path of the game: C:\Program Files\Fallout 2 to C:\Games\Fallout 2 or D:\Games\Fallout 2.
*. Install mod in the main game folder. Example: X:\Games\Fallout 2 & X:\Games\Fallout 2\<Mod>, and clickcheckbox "Root Directory Mode" on next page of the installer.
*. Also, you can try to replace sfall to alternative. In the mod folder, open the folder 'dont_use\sfall2_1.8.28_by_Crafty' and copy its contents to the mod folder(if other options don't help).

In the screenshots, replace 'Megamod' to 'Nevada'
or
4. Start Nevada from desktop icon.

Launch:
Open mod folder and run hi-res_conf.exe - change Graphic mode: ddraw7 \ dx9 \ Basic.
Change resolution to a lower value (for test).

Thank you very much, there's no more black screen now. But it seems the mod is now load-gaming into fallout 2 save files. So instead of starting at vault 8, my character starts at the temple of trials.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, there's no more black screen now. But it seems the mod is now load-gaming into fallout 2 save files. So instead of starting at vault 8, my character starts at the temple of trials.
Black screen and music playing or only black screen?
In general, it is strange situation... but ok.
Try to download again, and reinstall Fallout 2 and mod into the subfolder (default setup).

Updated\rebuild the installer. Added new version of "closebox" addon (1.2).
The link is the same.

Last edited:
Community releases:
  • (LATEST) Fallout: Nevada - Complete mod. It's a "Fallout: Nevada - Fixed edition" with english translation (with narration) and sfall, configurator, IFP, HRP and many bug-fixes.
  • Fallout: Nevada - Fixed edition. Basically, version 1.02 with restored content and loads of bug-fixes.
  • Fallout: Nevada - Crazy edition. Heavily modded 1.02 version. Has additional content, including small locations, the companion-dog and some easter eggs. The combat is rebalanced. It is outdated and not supported.
Developer releases:
  • v. 1.02 - the officially final version by developer. Released in march, 2015. Without sfall, HRP and other bugfixes.
  • v. 0.99b - second released version and original first version of the plot. The plot slightly differs (it's about search for the "SoS" system). Content also differs by ~ 30-35% (plot, some dialogs, some quests, differences in locations and endgame bosses).
  • v. 0.99c - test-version for limited number of users. Released in august, 2014.
  • v. 0.99a - first major version, released in april, 2011.
  • Demo-version - released in 2009.
Installation method:
I - SubFolder
or
II - main folder:
4. Start Nevada from desktop icon.