Fallout: New Vegas OXM preview scans

Crni Vuk said:

"lose".

but anyway, Crnster's got a point. it couldn't hurt to send them a letter pointing out their failure. it'd at least be good for the lulz. also, now the front-page thingy's gone. :|

Hah. Good thing I copypasted the scans to my computer. Might upload 'em to Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums, because they don't give a shit what you put on there.

Anyway, why would they think a game that keeps the core elements of the predecessor and makes them better is going to cause fan outrage?

I think at this point the continuation of using the Fallout franchise by other houses and the journalism used to publicize it is an attempt to force the fan community of the originals into ritual suicide.

I DON'T SEE IT.

nvmnd. refreshed page.

EDIT: god that quote is epic. that might just be the dumbest, most hilariously/depressingly ironic thing to come out of the whole "VB/Interplay folds, Bethie arrives, Obsidian comes in" debacle yet. it makes Todd and Pete look like Dickens and Hardy by comparison of quotes.

I really think the OXM needs to get its definition of Fallout fandom correct...still, bloody hilarious.

Oh, and the preview had some interesting info as well.

That quote sums up my impression of gaming 'journalism' of today.

The way things have turned out actually bothers me.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't bitter about the gaming industry and the dumbing down of games. I'm bitter as fuck.

Reconite said:
New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian rather than Bethesda's in-house team - and there is no doubt that a fair few Fallout fans will be more than a little concerned that this could be a recipe for nuclear disaster.</blockquote>

Ehrm... maybe my english isnt good enough, so i misunderstood this sentence: Are they really thinking, that NV being developed by another studio than Bethedsa is a worse thing in the eyes of the Falloutfans? C'mon for a real Falloutfan this is one of the best things to happen!

Well, technically, Fallout 3 has sold more copies than Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and POS together...

While it really sucks, the Fallout 3 fanbase is what constitutes the majority of "Fallout fans".

:|

Is it really necessary to have this silly quote as a memorial on the frontpage? Then it looks like we're on NMA are usually the boys full of hate etc.

I understand that this is a very dumb quote, but meh.

I don't get what's so funny.

I bet OXM told them to take down the scans because they saw how much we were making fun of the fucktards ( OXM ).

TwinkieGorilla said:
Crni Vuk said:

"lose".

but anyway, Crnster's got a point. it couldn't hurt to send them a letter pointing out their failure. it'd at least be good for the lulz. also, now the front-page thingy's gone. :|
Twinks, your avatar is pure gold! I am sure you will hear that quite often now :mrgreen:

Back