Fallout: New Vegas screenshots

Alphadrop said:
A few things I've noticed looking at the screenies. The few characters they show generally look less weird than the Fallout 3 denzins. Looks like someone actually took some time to try and help them out of the uncanny vanny except for the woman as there is no saving them square jawed things.

Yeah, I particularly like the look of Doc Mitchell.

And looking at that one ghoul in the jumpsuit, I hope ghouls are more like the F1/2 ones. I loved that they were basically a wheezy bunch of tired old geezers. The ones in Fallout 3 didn't really behave like they were several hundred years older and wiser than everyone else. But in 1/2 they were crotchety, wily old bastards.

Lazlo said:
But in 1/2 they were crotchety, wily old bastards.
That was mostly just FO2. In FO2 they turned the ghouls into lovable losers. In FO1, they were mindless atomic zombies or extremely xenophobic rotting people. Set wasn't "crotchety." He was a calculating and possibly insane tyrant that threatened to eat you. Harold was the only one that came across as a geezer, but he wasn't even a ghoul, technically.

Brother None said:
SomeBritishDude said:
It probably should be noted that when your creating enviroments as big as Oblivion or Fallout 3 there's going to have to be some sort of graphical compremise. Open world enviroments just don't look as good as linear first person shooters or the like.
[GTAIV Pic]
You guys should see Just Cause 2, amazing draw distance and beautiful graphics, with a really huge world.

It's out later this month.

Reconite said:
Brother None said:
SomeBritishDude said:
It probably should be noted that when your creating enviroments as big as Oblivion or Fallout 3 there's going to have to be some sort of graphical compremise. Open world enviroments just don't look as good as linear first person shooters or the like.
[GTAIV Pic]
You guys should see Just Cause 2, amazing draw distance and beautiful graphics, with a really huge world.

It's out later this month.

Now that's a great looking game (on PC, at least). A lot of people are going to be hung up about it not working on XP, though.

Dionysus said:
Lazlo said:
That was mostly just FO2. In FO2 they turned the ghouls into lovable losers. In FO1, they were mindless atomic zombies or extremely xenophobic rotting people. Set wasn't "crotchety." He was a calculating and possibly insane tyrant that threatened to eat you. Harold was the only one that came across as a geezer, but he wasn't even a ghoul, technically.
The ghouls hiding in Necropolis' sewers were much like the ghouls of FO2.

frosty_theaussie said:
Now that's a great looking game (on PC, at least). A lot of people are going to be hung up about it not working on XP, though.
Aye, it's because of the DirectX support, IIRC. Everyone has to upgrade sooner or later, but they should skip Vista and go straight to 7 when they do.

And I've played the demo on Xbox 360 (shamefully, the pc I use for games died a while back and I've been stuck on a console), the graphics on the Xbox 360 look pretty damn great too though.

jero cvmi said:
Dionysus said:
Lazlo said:
Yep, ghouls in F3 were quite horrible. Despite all of them being horribly ugly (in bad away) and all thesame, only few were really interesting like Carol or Desmond.

btw

is it just me or is there some kind of mark on the Dino's right leg? Or a really bad case of texture mirroring (lol noobs)?

jero cvmi said:
Dionysus said:
Lazlo said:
The guys in the sewers were more friendly (at least one of them was), but I never got the crotchety old coot vibe from any of them except Harold.

YfHh8.jpg

I hate those super mutants so much.

Back