Fallout: New Vegas screenshots

To nick an image of the Codex...
horners.png

randy Mc rupp said:
YfHh8.jpg

I hate those super mutants so much.

Hmmm.. Looks like an orc with the white hand of Isengard, one of the Uruk Hai, which means that would be from the Lords of the Fallout with at least three episodes:

The Fellowship of the Fallout
Two Towers
The Return of the Chosen One

Same difference, I never liked the movies.

Janmanden said:
Hmmm.. Looks like an orc with the white hand of Isengard, one of the Uruk Hai, which means that would be from the Lords of the Fallout with at least three episodes:

The Fellowship of the Fallout
Two Towers
The Return of the Chosen One

Same difference, I never liked the movies.

Hah. The funny thing is you'd have a much easier time finding a halberd than a functional M4 in a more realistic post-apoc setting.

The mutant designs are terrible, unimaginative trash though. There's no getting around that.

Lets face it, we won't be playing FNV for its amazing graphics and the incredible life like or Fallout authentic character styles.

I hope the storylines, quest, and whatever content Obsidian puts in it will at least make replayable compared to Fallout 3 where replaying is a task on its own.

Brother None said:

Part of the UI in the bottom right corner has been blocked out.. what is usually there? Weapon condition? Wonder why it's covered, maybe they're taking out weapon condition? *wishful thinking*

Alphadrop said:
To nick an image of the Codex...
horners.png

I can actually tell now! Are they hostile or friendly like brahmin? You'd think with a fight that close they'd be going batshit if they were hostile.

So they might not be a simple replacement for the Yao Guai stuff, like I thought first.

I like it if they are domesticated, like the brahmin. If you think about it, it's very strange that everywhere just brahmins are jused by people for everything.

I really hope we get a whole new set of enemies. I'm gonna be pretty damn annoyed if it's the exact same as Fallout 3.

Where's the pigrats damn it!

Hm, they look like bighorn sheep, but bighorn sheep, in Nevada anyway, are quite endangered. Though they could just be mutated domestic sheep.

aenemic said:
I really hope we get a whole new set of enemies. I'm gonna be pretty damn annoyed if it's the exact same as Fallout 3.
I wouldn`t count on that. Also I think that we can say farewell to old Fallout guns. I think that none of it will return in new vegas... unfortunately.

Crni Vuk said:
I am missing some second head on those creatures though. What ever they are.
I'm pretty sure they're the "Horners" as they're called in one of the articles a while back. Mutated mountain rams.

Mistrz said:
Also I think that we can say farewell to old Fallout guns. I think that none of it will return in new vegas... unfortunately.

Fallout2 already fudged up all the Fallout weaponry, what will you miss most ? H&K G11, H&K P90c, XL70E3, Pancor Jackhammer, H&K CAWS, Super-duper power-fist or mega-death-avenger-minigun-from-hell ? Or will it be the .223 unique gun found all around the game ; it was unique in FO and even was described as such in FO2... :?
I just want the 10mm hg and smg, the 14mm heavy duty pistol and no non-sensial late 20th century movie guns. :P

John Coffey said:
so why do they look like fucking Orc's again?

Same reason why Paladins, in beths eyes, are more of a class and not so much a rank, like in the originals (hence how they are do gooders). Everything beth does screams of swords and sorcery.

DarkCorp said:
John Coffey said:

Same reason why Paladins, in beths eyes, are more of a class and not so much a rank, like in the originals (hence how they are do gooders). Everything beth does screams of swords and sorcery.

Uh, no.

Paladins are a class in the Western Brotherhood, the defenders and fighters.

It's under Lyons that it became a generic military rank.

Tagaziel said:
DarkCorp said:
John Coffey said:
Uh, no.
Paladins are a class in the Western Brotherhood, the defenders and fighters.
It's under Lyons that it became a generic military rank.

Quite right, and I don't see how FO3 muties look more like orcs than the original muties ? They look a lot more like mutated humans, they still have the same skull structure and human feature. The FOT ilustrations might have been even better, but still, compared to world's best known orc, FO3 supermutants look better.

muties.png
250px-Warcraft3_orc_cover.jpg

Try again...:
uruk-hai.jpg

Uruk-Hai-Fotoprint_19__E20247_20.jpg

..This and the above photoshop by randy clearly show where the inspiration was drawn from. The original FO muties may have looked generic, but they matched the theme.

Those are not stereotypical orcs. Maybe FO3 sm look like LOTR movies orcs, but those had a unique and new look, quite far away from the Blizzard or GamesWorkshop orcs. WHICH ARE THE BEST KNOWN STEREOTYPICAL ORCS.
And the comparison is even right, since orc or uruks are twisted and mutated creatures : even if the origin isn't certain, the are twisted versions of elves, humans or both. It makes a lot more sense than having them look like W40K orkz...

And btw, this is mostly what LOTR orcs looked like before the movies :
[spoiler:aa48b3e5ef]
orcs.jpg
angus009.jpg
angus003.jpg
[/spoiler:aa48b3e5ef]

Back