Fallout 2 mod Fallout of Nevada/Фаллаут Невада

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dionis, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko First time out of the vault

Jan 15, 2018
    As I see now, there's 3 versions of Fallout of Nevada v.1.0+:

1) Vanilla. Have no idea where to find it now, since links on the official site are down.
    Has english translation led by Dionis, I did a major update on that. Not very compatible with crazy edition. You can find the updated translation a couple of pages back, and if you have the vanilla, just unpack it in master.dat/text/.

2) Fallout: Nevada - Crazy edition. Made by Foxx. A lot of bugs fixed, many added contents, with mixed results - I personally liked some items added (megaradscorpion's armor or something, or the one made of tires), or some additional locations - gecko hunting grounds and deathclaw farm were nice - but I don't really dig the usage of talking heads from Fallout 1, and loads and loads of graphics from Olympus 2207. And that damn dog, i absolutely hate it.
    Mainly, that's the reason i didn't adapt vanilla update of translation by Dionis to this version, so it has only that. But most of the people play this one anyway. It breaks my heart :)
    I doubt Foxx will ever find time to apply my translation updates to the crazy edition. I believe you can find this one around some trackers.

3) Fallout: Nevada - Fixed edition. Also made by Foxx. I believe, this is the most recent version. Includes major bugfixes, some cutscenes redone, and little-to-minimal changes of the content.
    I am now playing this one, and liking it for the most part. Making slight changes to vanilla translation, to fit to this version, and i would really, really like to participate in making this version available to the english-speaking public. As of now, it oficially has no english translation. Full and playable version can be found in one specific russian tracker, which i can't recommend because piracy :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  2. Foxx

Foxx Russian Modder

Oct 31, 2017
    That's right.

Released the original version without bugs.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2017
    • 3 version, apart from the official release 1.00 + patch 02 (without hi-res & incorrectly configured sfall)
    • Vanilla with fixes: incluided 0.99b6 & 1.02c (mod version) - if necesary, can be found.
    • Crazy edition - current version 3.5.upd 3 - and this modification is no longer supported.
    • Fixed edition (actual version 2.0.1) - if necessary, is possible to make mod-version.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko First time out of the vault

Jan 15, 2018
    Heyy Pyran, Foxx!

By mod-version you mean what, exactly? An update for Fallout 2, turning that into Nevada?
    If yes - I'm in

5. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2017
    Hi, there.
    Exactly. We are waiting for version FE 2.0.2.
    Or you need the old vanialla version + fixes?
    Please clarify.