Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
@Lexx

This doesn't make much sense especially in the Boneyard area because of 2 reasons.
1. The Fallout US was much more paranoid, militant, and closed-off than it's IRL counterpart from the 50's, making them less immigrant friendly, also there was a U.S. invasion against Mexico.
2. During the Great War, 90%ish percent of the population died. That means minorities became even more minor than they were before, if they survived at all.

I wouldn't expect the 2077 borders to still hold any value by that point. People could have migrated way before the new societies started to establish themselves.

It's finished and could be released December 12!
But the devs would like a bit more time to polish everything (add extra quests, polish videos etc).
They proposed a second release date- next March. The release is left to vote by fans- currently it's something like 4:1 for the March release.
They'll announce the results on Thursday.

Do you know anything about English translation?

So shame. I’m very interested in the game and waiting a couple of years for translation doesn’t make me happy. I’ve started thinking about learning Russian right now.

ddl8m9k-86552e57-68dd-4dfa-9a50-ac7027e291c3.png

ddlawlk-2ba1f377-f254-44e0-a9c1-b6fa0b9aa1f2.png

ddlb03i-5784dd43-9800-477c-a51d-80784811696e.gif

More screen shots by the main artist. The guy on the lower right of the picture looks a lot like a supermutant. So this means that this could take place between fallout 1 and 2 or after fallout 2.

We'll probably have to wait a few years before getting a proper translation like last time. It's a pity because it looks gorgeous, do you think I can learn russian in 3 months?

I got really hooked on Nevada and replayed twice. I have to say it was the best RPG I played for so long, and the additional art, items, craft, portraits was really impressive for a mod. Too bad I learnt Polish and not Russian when I was still young enough to remember...

I always thought about making new cactus, just to add some variety to the game...nice work. Little details make all the difference IMO.

Maybe we could start the translation as the game develops this time, would help doing small amounts of work at a time unlike Nevada where I would sit for 6-7 hours translating and barely get anything done in a day. Got me burned out by the end of the project.

Last edited:
It's great to see some love for La Cucaracha.

Some interesting things in the intro:
-you can see Petró-Chico billboard down the street (it only appeared in New Vegas before)
-dead cow doesn't have visible mutations and seems to have only 1 head

Well there are millions of cows in the world, I doubt every one of them is mutated. That's something I always thought was strange about the fallout setting. So apparently every cow and animal all mutated into different creatures. But the humans are all still normal except for ghouls? So there is no normal animals left, except for humans? It's one thing I think atom improved. Not every animal mutated into something else in that setting, there were still normal animals like bears, pigs, deer, and chickens etc. It felt more realistic.

Even if every animal did mutate, we would see regional variants based on preexisting genetics, wouldn't we? Instead we only see brahmin which presumably mutated from brahman cattle. At first I thought the name "Brahmin" only made sense on the west coast due to the presence of Shady Sands. Regardless we should see mutant cows derived from Holstein, Angus, and perhaps American Bison across the wasteland.

Back