Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

@Lexx

This doesn't make much sense especially in the Boneyard area because of 2 reasons.
1. The Fallout US was much more paranoid, militant, and closed-off than it's IRL counterpart from the 50's, making them less immigrant friendly, also there was a U.S. invasion against Mexico.
2. During the Great War, 90%ish percent of the population died. That means minorities became even more minor than they were before, if they survived at all.

I wouldn't expect the 2077 borders to still hold any value by that point. People could have migrated way before the new societies started to establish themselves.

It's finished and could be released December 12!
But the devs would like a bit more time to polish everything (add extra quests, polish videos etc).
They proposed a second release date- next March. The release is left to vote by fans- currently it's something like 4:1 for the March release.
They'll announce the results on Thursday.

Do you know anything about English translation?

So shame. I’m very interested in the game and waiting a couple of years for translation doesn’t make me happy. I’ve started thinking about learning Russian right now.

ddl8m9k-86552e57-68dd-4dfa-9a50-ac7027e291c3.png

ddlawlk-2ba1f377-f254-44e0-a9c1-b6fa0b9aa1f2.png

ddlb03i-5784dd43-9800-477c-a51d-80784811696e.gif

More screen shots by the main artist. The guy on the lower right of the picture looks a lot like a supermutant. So this means that this could take place between fallout 1 and 2 or after fallout 2.

We'll probably have to wait a few years before getting a proper translation like last time. It's a pity because it looks gorgeous, do you think I can learn russian in 3 months?

I got really hooked on Nevada and replayed twice. I have to say it was the best RPG I played for so long, and the additional art, items, craft, portraits was really impressive for a mod. Too bad I learnt Polish and not Russian when I was still young enough to remember...

All of this is translated with shitty google translate.

March 01, 2020

"Fallout Sonora is a cactus plantation. Artist A. Berezin."
kR_cdOmadRg.jpg

February 25, 2020

"Desert Rangers. These brave guys crushed under themselves the whole of southern Arizona and now not a single creature will pass through their territory without permission. Not everyone likes it, but the rules are the rules. Choose, son, on whose side are you ..."
j1qJasO2URU.jpg

Also nobody's nail machine released a new song.

I always thought about making new cactus, just to add some variety to the game...nice work. Little details make all the difference IMO.

Maybe we could start the translation as the game develops this time, would help doing small amounts of work at a time unlike Nevada where I would sit for 6-7 hours translating and barely get anything done in a day. Got me burned out by the end of the project.

Last edited:
It's great to see some love for La Cucaracha.

Some interesting things in the intro:
-you can see Petró-Chico billboard down the street (it only appeared in New Vegas before)
-dead cow doesn't have visible mutations and seems to have only 1 head

Well there are millions of cows in the world, I doubt every one of them is mutated. That's something I always thought was strange about the fallout setting. So apparently every cow and animal all mutated into different creatures. But the humans are all still normal except for ghouls? So there is no normal animals left, except for humans? It's one thing I think atom improved. Not every animal mutated into something else in that setting, there were still normal animals like bears, pigs, deer, and chickens etc. It felt more realistic.

Even if every animal did mutate, we would see regional variants based on preexisting genetics, wouldn't we? Instead we only see brahmin which presumably mutated from brahman cattle. At first I thought the name "Brahmin" only made sense on the west coast due to the presence of Shady Sands. Regardless we should see mutant cows derived from Holstein, Angus, and perhaps American Bison across the wasteland.

Back