Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
I'll probably join up the team when it's formed... unless the pal who did the Nevada translation is in charge again. He had personal issues with me so I had to leave.

I recall that his translation sometimes left something to be desired for if I use that expression correctly.
Some of the English was just really off or weird.

This mod is still the closest to a Fallout related topic that has been happening on these forums lately.
Can't wait for the release.

What!? Issues with easy-going guy like you? Impossible!
Sorry to hear that.
Thanks for your kind words, but I don't think I deserve them. When I see that someone is wrong, I can be quite blatant at pointing it out :D

I recall that his translation sometimes left something to be desired for if I use that expression correctly.
Some of the English was just really off or weird.
His own translation was alright - better than mine, actually - but he was not the only one doing it. He had to manage all other people's translations (mine included), some of them were... strange, indeed. I suppose, niether himself nor the editors have actually managed to even read all the texts of the game, let alone properly edit them. The game is huge dialog-wise, 2.7mb of texts, no wonder some crappy English went unnoticed.

This mod is still the closest to a Fallout related topic that has been happening on these forums lately.
Can't wait for the release.

Indeed. Well there was an update on Fallout Miami I guess we could put on the front.
Will give Toront a poke to see if he is interested. I myself don't care for that particular Fallout 4 total conversion.

So 'im confused: the 'official' website of fallout sonora states they're hoping to release the full game by the end of 2019
But I also read somewhere an english translation is underway or even finished?

So what is the real status of this possible english tranlslation?

I'm soooo looking forward to Sonora, Nevada was an excellent experience imo, just the end of the story was a bit crappy...

Where did you hear this? When did Nevada band have a website, or were you talking about their VK account?

release date: http://fallout-nevada.ucoz.ru/index/fallout_sonora/0-59

translation: ooops I wrongly interpreted that Sonora was recently translated, instead they're talking about Nevada offcourse. that's why I was confused. see below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/a4no92/talking_heads_for_upcoming_fallout_2_mod_fallout/
"Some context: Fallout: Sonora is by the developers of Fallout: Nevada, a Russian mod that was recently translated to English and has been praised...."

So no translation in process (no surprise, as the game itself isn't finished itself yet)

sorry for the false alarm!:violent:

release date: http://fallout-nevada.ucoz.ru/index/fallout_sonora/0-59

translation: ooops I wrongly interpreted that Sonora was recently translated, instead they're talking about Nevada offcourse. that's why I was confused. see below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/a4no92/talking_heads_for_upcoming_fallout_2_mod_fallout/
"Some context: Fallout: Sonora is by the developers of Fallout: Nevada, a Russian mod that was recently translated to English and has been praised...."

So no translation in process (no surprise, as the game itself isn't finished itself yet)

sorry for the false alarm!:violent:

Damn, you got my hope for translation up. May you stand on lego

"The only reason there were no news recently is because we were immersed in the development. Today, for example, we have finished random encounters on the world map. Esta bien, bebe!
However, there are only seven special encounters yet. We have plenty of ideas, but it's not easy to find the ones that would fit in perfectly with the spirit and the theme of the game. For example, in the old Fallouts we consider Alien Ship, Giant Footprint and Nuka-Cola Truck encounters to be ideal. Or The House on Wheels and Oasis in Fallout Nevada.
So what do you consider the best encounters of the old games of the series? Maybe you have any ideas, too? Offer your concepts! Perhaps some of them will get into the project."

EDDNrOKx66s.jpg

The most endorsed suggestions:

Evgeny Pavlovich
"We need something with Mexican flavor. The Titty Twister bar of From Dusk till Dawn would be nice. Even if it is closed, just a front end and a couple of bodies with stakes protruding from the chest in front of the door."

Aleksandr Suponev
"You can set up an accident with DeLorean from Back to the Future, and there will be the Sports Almanac lying next to it which gives you a boost to luck or gambling."

Artur Novikov
"How about such an encounter: pickup cars and the corpses of people and dogs all around. And in the center is a certain amount of money. Reference to No Country for Old Men.
And if you pick up the money, there's a random encounter with a lot of Mexicans wanting to kill you."

Sergei Chumakov
"The final scene from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly which either does not end or can be influenced. The outcome affects karma."

Aleksandr Brusenin
"Ghouls-musicians in sambrero, with guitars and maracas."

Sasha Berliaev
"In Fallout 2 there's a random encounter where a spammer gets beaten by the crowd. So do something like that. Like a bit of trolling of one of yours."
Evgeny Pavlovich
"Sasha, former Black Isle employees stoning Todd Howard."​

Last edited:
Evgeny Pavlovich
Sasha, former Black Isle employees stoning Todd Howard.

I would very much avoid everything like that, because these jokes are getting really old now. There's enough other things that could make an appearance, no need to waste time on bashing other games or people in any kind of way.

Generally I like special encounters that aren't LOL SO FUNNEH, because usually I don't find them funny at all.

Usually those special encounters are a place for pop culture references.
- A guy with a blond wig trying to build a wall on his own, muttering non-sensical stuffs.
- Mayan ruins filled with traps and the corpse of an adventurer, wearing a high-crowned fedora hat, under a giant boulder.
- A ring with masked mexican wrestlers (luchadores). No specific idea for them, they're on the ring and you can just watch them fight endlessly.

I would skip the political one even though Fallout 2 had some references to real life politicians or at least hinted at it.
The other ones sound suitable.

Do a Planet of the Apes one!

Statue of liberty in the desert where your character screams damn you all to hell.

That's the obvious one but there are loads of fun references to PotA that you could do. Like meeting mute humans, finding ape scare crows or a gorilla expedition. Just do something with that universe! Finding the bomb from Beneath the Planet of the Apes?

Do you guys realize that the devs probably don't even know this thread exists? If you have a VK account, you can send your suggestions directly, otherwise I doubt your opinions will ever reach them.

i hope the encounters in the game will be way more subtle than all of these suggestions :) and more in tune with F1 rather than F2

So what do you consider the best encounters of the old games of the series? Maybe you have any ideas, too? Offer your concepts! Perhaps some of them will get into the project."

Why did you even write this here in first place then?

Back