Fallout: The Series now the most successful Amazon show ever

When folks like Mauler, Creetosis, SyntheticMan, Arch, Rags and others are accurately calling out why the show is literal garbage, as well as Brady going point by point per episode and catching the details millions are missing, willingly or otherwise, what interest is there to garner?

It's an astroturfed show, being hyped up and watched by tourists, written by hacks, and given blessing by two people who don't like the best entries of the series because all of them blow their efforts out of the ocean.

I watched Mauler's review of the show and was impressed with how much he noticed that I missed even after reviewing more than twice, but there's still a few things I picked up on that afaik others didn't. Like how the Enclave issuing the bounties doesn't make sense, and they're drawing everyone's attention to the one guy they can't let fall into the wrong hands. Mauler also watched more interviews than I did, and it's a relief to know that Wagner and Robertson-Dworet really did write everyone stupid on purpose, because comedy.

If someone were to compare everyone's notes you'd probably have a novella's length of issues.

I mean, people are rightfully calling out Synthetic Man's review as incredibly stupid crap and Mauler's review showed he didn't bother fucking paying attention. I posted a bunch of other views but no one responded to them.

So, eh, I just gave up.

The people taking shots at SyntheticMan are either Reddit/ResetERA types or bots. The former, if they like your content? That's a red flag, in more than one way.

I watched Mauler's review of the show and was impressed with how much he noticed that I missed even after reviewing more than twice, but there's still a few things I picked up on that afaik others didn't. Like how the Enclave issuing the bounties doesn't make sense, and they're drawing everyone's attention to the one guy they can't let fall into the wrong hands.

If someone were to compare everyone's notes you'd probably have a novella's length of issues.

Most likely. Just like Fallout 4, there's so much wrong with the product that someone's going to spot something frequently.

No, you didn't post the Mauler video because you didn't like it. You keep posting threads and presenting things impartially, yet Mauler's video more substantially addresses the points this forum has been making than most - and oh wouldn't you look at that no new CT thread. Hmm I wonder why that could be?

It's not a mystery dude you're just biased, and that's fine. You don't have to like everything Mauler says, and I don't agree with some of his points too. But that's not how you present yourself.

No, you didn't post the Mauler video because you didn't like it. You keep posting threads and presenting things impartially, yet Mauler's video more substantially addresses the points this forum has been making than most - and oh wouldn't you look at that no new CT thread. Hmm I wonder why that could be?

It's not a mystery dude you're just biased, and that's fine. You don't have to like everything Mauler says, and I don't agree with some of his points too. But that's not how you present yourself.

What the helll are you talking about?

I posted in the Mauler thread and even shared my own video discussing the show.

And I'm not sure you can say "biased" when I just liked the show.

Most likely. Just like Fallout 4, there's so much wrong with the product that someone's going to spot something frequently.

It's so dense with issues that by the time you've processed the last one you've already missed a couple more. I really was having the same kind of existential crisis Cooper has during the boardroom conspiracy scene the first time I saw it. I HAD to go over the transcript line by line to make sure that I wasn't crazy.

Anyone else get mildly confused whenever the name "Cooper" is brought up? I know other people can have that as a name (first or last), it's just jarring when someone else is being called "Cooper" when Dale Cooper himself is in the show. Personally, I think it's just a weird love of (improperly) using names that have already been used prior, like Chet.

All I can think now is if Amazon can ever fix Rings of Power show, with the "success" of Fallout as the barometer. Like, this and along with TLOU should be good lessons for them to at least please majority of fandom even if its still flawed.

All I can think now is if Amazon can ever fix Rings of Power show, with the "success" of Fallout as the barometer. Like, this and along with TLOU should be good lessons for them to at least please majority of fandom even if its still flawed.

Rings of Power is an abomination. I wish they'd fix Wheel of Time but I feel like they've already ruined what should have been a sure fire win for all fantasy fans.

Rings of Power is an abomination. I wish they'd fix Wheel of Time but I feel like they've already ruined what should have been a sure fire win for all fantasy fans.
It is an abomination. For me, at least, there is no fixing it.

Wheel of Time, they seemed to over-focus on stuff they shouldn't have, and cut stuff from the books they should have kept. I've thrown in the towel on both of those shows and I gave them each several episodes.

So for me, they are 0 for 3 on adaptations.

I'd give Fallout a C-, I mostly was just bored.
Wheel of Time a D
Lord of the Rings - F

I can't imagine I'd trust them on any adaptations in the future.

Just no real enthusiasm on these forums.

Shame.
Man, come on. Even if you personally like the show, you know the level of quality and honoring of the original material we all on this forum expect for Fallout-related material. The show failed to deliver both of that.

I tried watching Rings of Power and fell asleep during the first episode. My big takeaway is that Galadriel is a rogue cop who goes too far, but damnit she gets results!

Man, come on. Even if you personally like the show, you know the level of quality and honoring of the original material we all on this forum expect for Fallout-related material. The show failed to deliver both of that.

I know that Tim Cain loves it and I wonder what he sees that the forum doesn't.

Mind you, I'm a Fallout 2 fan over 1.

I tried watching Rings of Power and fell asleep during the first episode. My big takeaway is that Galadriel is a rogue cop who goes too far, but damnit she gets results!

I mean, yes, that's pretty much the show. That and Sauron is a broody sad boy who loves her and orcs are victims of genocide.

Last edited:
I know that Tim Cain loves it and I wonder what he sees that the forum doesn't.

He's playing nice to not rock to boat. That's why he 'loves' it, and why he's making excuses for it. Gaming industry people don't criticize one another, they just put on a face to avoid getting backlash by 'peers', and it's obvious if you're paying attention. (He was also invited to, and attended, the premier of the first two episodes, so his opinion is slanted by public exposure as well.)

It's not just a gaming industry thing it's media in general. Actors, staff, directors, they're all under the microscope every time they're doing public engagement, and giving an honest opinion can destroy your career. Their job during the promotion phase is to hype the thing that they just worked on, and if they're not hyping it then they're fired. For someone like Tim Cain who's still trying to make connections in the California media circuit, trash talking Fallout TV is a guaranteed ticket to obscurity and irrelevancy.

Wagner and Robertson-Dworet themselves were told not to talk about which Fallout games they actually played & liked, because Amazon and Bethesda both wanted to maintain a fiction that the show isn't biased and that they're not taking sides among the fans.

I already said this in another thread, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer and other people that were involved in the games gain absolutely nothing from criticizing the show. They at most can be ambivalent about the show, saying they had some subjective problems (while not specifying which ones they had), but outright shitting on the show puts them on the side of the people that are doing that and the line in the sand gets even bigger because one side can claim that one of the creators of the franchise doesn't like the TV show (the exact same thing fans of the show are doing with Tim Cain saying he likes the show).

The only exception is maybe Avellone, but even then i can't seen him writing walls of text on how the show sucks.

And really, it's extremely pathetic to seek validation from anyone in order to feel good about liking or disliking something. Tim Cain's feelings can be truly genuine, i don't care because the show to me is shit.

Or they actually liked it.

Part of what I struggle with discourse wise is the assumption of, "Just because someone likes or dislikes something, this is objectively the right opinion." It's the thing I hate most about internet discourse and the most eye rolling thing about it these days. There's essentially no value to holding opinions that go against the majority and outright anger when you do.

At some point, we lost the value that some people can like something even if we don't and that's okay.

I can't help but think that's because of internet commentary and I worry about falling prey to it myself. The urge to just take it personally when my opinions are not shared.

Right but it's not as if we're bitter for no reason. People liking this dogshit en masse is why we don't get fallout content for us anymore. It's direct correlation

Back