Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

Thanks for reporting these. Some of the areas are over 10 years old so it could be that something is there that shouldn’t be. Can you give me a screenshot of that table and I’ll clear it up?
upload_2022-1-8_21-0-41.png
And I have another question: What location should I explore after the prison and Fort Abandon? I went to Grand Canyon, but NPCs there don't have any dialogues yet.
I found BoS, but I did all quests there while playing the previous release, so I'm wondering if there are any new locations that I should explore first.
I don't think there are any new quests added besides collecting all the prisoners or their pip boys.

And here I was hoping for a redemption arc. :( Will it be possible to ask him to wait and let him re-join the party after exploring the location (like with companions in F1 and F2)?

And I have another question: What location should I explore after the prison and Fort Abandon? I went to Grand Canyon, but NPCs there don't have any dialogues yet.
I found BoS, but I did all quests there while playing the previous release, so I'm wondering if there are any new locations that I should explore first.

Yes he will be able to rejoin you in the future.

Quest-wise, nothing new has been added. The dialogs have been written but I didn't find the time to implement them as I was focused on art, area building and writing dialogs. It sucks, I know. Getting there!

I'm having trouble installing this mod. I put the fallout2.exe, master.dat, critter.dat and patch000.dat into the patch001.dat file but when I try to play yesterday, it plays F2 instead.

I'm having trouble installing this mod. I put the fallout2.exe, master.dat, critter.dat and patch000.dat into the patch001.dat file but when I try to play yesterday, it plays F2 instead.

Try renaming "fallout2.exe" to "fallouty.exe"

Extract Fallout Yesterday into a new folder. Copy fallout2.exe, master.dat, critter.dat and patch000.dat into that folder. Enable Hi-Res mod. That’s all!

I have a question, maybe stupid. Does old saves work with R4.1?

It depends on the update. If scripts or art get updated, then you'll be fine. If areas get updated, you'll have to start from beginning to see the changes since Fallout engine saves old versions of visited areas inside the save game.

Heya mutants, R4.2 is here. Enjoy!

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/kUIaF-gTyeumhA

https://mega.nz/file/FgEWDRwL#ssfJr713lXn9ZD1Wm4s-Sn4AfEDVrc8M0ztwQ_xgIJE

Password: winter 2022

R4.2 CHANGELOG

[GENERAL]
- Added new or updated existing talking heads.
- Added new world map location.
- Added new encounters including 1 new Special Encounters.
- Updated sfall to the latest 4.3.3. HiRes mod is now enabled by default. See INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.txt if you want to tweak the default resolution.

[SOUND]
- Added new music to the game.

Hi, this is my second time playing the mod and I am very interested in its success. I have noticed that the Hanged Man calls different npcs tribals and attacks them, such as the legionnaires in Dogtown, or one of the robots inside what I think is the Box? Overall I am happy with the progress, I can tell a lot hasn't been implemented yet, such as dialog or quests, but even seeing places like Dogtown with its scale, the depths of the Reservation and the Ciphers Mesa puts a smile on my face!

I am having trouble finding out how to return to the world map now that I am inside Dogtown, am I missing something or is there no exit grid?

Hi, this is my second time playing the mod and I am very interested in its success. I have noticed that the Hanged Man calls different npcs tribals and attacks them, such as the legionnaires in Dogtown, or one of the robots inside what I think is the Box? Overall I am happy with the progress, I can tell a lot hasn't been implemented yet, such as dialog or quests, but even seeing places like Dogtown with its scale, the depths of the Reservation and the Ciphers Mesa puts a smile on my face!

I am having trouble finding out how to return to the world map now that I am inside Dogtown, am I missing something or is there no exit grid?

Thank you! Lots of Dogtown's art is waiting to be implemented into the engine. On which map are you stuck exactly? All maps should have exit grids but they might be hard to find as I didn't made them big yet or marked them on the minimap.

Thank you! Lots of Dogtown's art is waiting to be implemented into the engine. On which map are you stuck exactly? All maps should have exit grids but they might be hard to find as I didn't made them big yet or marked them on the minimap.

I had the same problem with Dogtown in the initial R4 release.. there are transition grids evrywhere ( the green ones) but there are no exit grids ( red/brown ones) on any particualr map in Dogtown. this causes to be literally stuck in Dogtown, with no option to get to the worldmap.. It's this bug that made me rage-quit for the time being.

Isn't this basically the idea of what Denver was in the orig. design documents? It pretty much was supposed to have it's own world map. With latest Sfall features, something like this could probably be scripted via some static worldmap screen (like a town/world overview but it gets called when running into a green exit grid).

I circumnavigated every zone in Dogtown as far as I can tell, used pen and paper for a map, as far as I can tell I couldnt find an exit grid. I found the police station, the police car, the robots, what I think was supposed to be The Box, the Bus Stop area, the Legions hotel... I found the same issue with the Canaan maps iirc where I couldnt return to the world map once having entered.

Hi, I was able to run release 3 but now for some reason, I can't get 4.2 to run. It's giving me 2 errors.

Error 1: Sfall DX9/ "Failed to create hardware vertex processing device. Using software vertex processing instead."

Error 2: Application Error: "The instruction at 11038fa8 reference memory at 00000000 The memory could not be read from"

Here is the file directory if that helps. I'm using the US Steam install as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    116.4 KB · Views: 256
Back