Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

Heya mutants,

we've decided to host the game's source code out in the open on GitLab as another download option for you.

https://gitlab.com/falloutfans/fallouty

This is also a place where you can report bugs or post ideas. And possibly even contribute to the project's progress if you're a game developer yourself. Every fixed bug counts!

Have fun and see you out there where 1s and 0s flow

If you already use the mods folder, why the need for patch001 and 002.dat files.

If you already use the mods folder, why the need for patch001 and 002.dat files.

I upgraded to sfall 4.4.4 in the last week of the current release and didn't get a chance to explore the new features. I'll check them out and port content if everything goes smooth. Any gotchas with the new structure?

No, it works exactly the same way, just much easier to handle. Also it's not needed anymore to pack stuff into .dat files at all.

No, it works exactly the same way, just much easier to handle. Also it's not needed anymore to pack stuff into .dat files at all.

Thanks, Lexx! So I am wondering if there are any special Mapper scenarios. I just have to point its paths to the mods folder and it will work?

We are pretty shocked by the number of gaming portals that have reported on this release!
Fallout fans rule! :notworthy:

It is my first post here, and I wanted to say thank you to the recreator of Van Burren on the best Fallout game engine possible!
Also, I would like to ask a few questions about gameplay (if this is a proper topic to ask of course).
1. There is an errand to deliver message from weapon trader to Quartermaster, which must be located in the Hoover Dam barracks, but I have found only training supermutant officer and many soldiers there.
2. In the same Hoover Dam, I could not locate Ginger Flowers could anyone please give me a clue about it?
3. Where should I look for the car's engine? (already purchased the car for 5000 but of course car does not work).

Last edited:
It is my first post here, and I wanted to say thank you to the recreator of Van Burren on the best Fallout game engine possible!

You are welcome! Happy to hear your are enjoying the game.

Also, I would like to ask a few questions about gameplay (if this is a proper topic to ask of course).
1. There is an errand to deliver message from weapon trader to Quartermaster, which must be located in the Hoover Dam barracks, but I have found only training supermutant officer and many soldiers there.

The Quartermaster was cut from the release in the last moment. Don't worry, she will be back in the next one.

2. In the same Hoover Dam, I could not locate Ginger Flowers could anyone please give me a clue about it?

Ginger is close to Mallet. Did you find him?

3. Same problem in Reservation - could not locate Jillian McKinley.

Jill is close to Hank, the gun trader.

4. Where should I look for the car's engine? (already purchased the car for 5000 but of course car does not work).

For now, you can find the car's engine in the Caesar's Legion camp in Dogtown. It will be available from multiple places later.

Ginger is close to Mallet. Did you find him?
Thank you for your answers, they helped me.
No, I didn't find this guy, despite the fact that I believe that I have been everywhere in Hoover Dam.

Last edited:
1. North Gate
2. South Gate
3. NCR Barracks
4. Lookout (it is where 3-Some office + clinic + bar with owner in sombrero)
5. Boxing club (under the NCR Barracks)
6. Rim (it is where General Store + gun shop)
Hope I did not miss anything

1. North Gate
2. South Gate
3. NCR Barracks
4. Lookout (it is where 3-Some office + clinic + bar with owner in sombrero)
5. Boxing club (under the NCR Barracks)
6. Rim (it is where General Store + gun shop)
Hope I did not miss anything

Ah, I see. You still have lots more to discover! At the end of the Rim, you can take down the mechanical elevator

And one more thing…

Also there’s a separate nearby area tied to a quest that you can recieve from one of the North Gate guards

Last edited:
[BUG REPORT]
1. Even after I met Chagas in Blackfoot (and convinced him to give me his Pip-Boy) I constantly meet him in random encounters all around the map.
2. There is Access Violation Error (and game crash) when some mysterious random encounter happens near Jericho.

[BUG REPORT]
1. Even after I met Chagas in Blackfoot (and convinced him to give me his Pip-Boy) I constantly meet him in random encounters all around the map.
2. There is Access Violation Error (and game crash) when some mysterious random encounter happens near Jericho.

1) Thanks for reporting the issue, we will check it out.
2) If you get another crash like that, can you send us your debug.log file?

I am happy to have any opportunity to help you so I traveled to Jericho again, and got a crash again. Debug.log (renamed to Debug.txt) is attached.

Attachments

Back