Game Informer Unlimited FAQ and video

I think mostly the point is we dont mind a change in location, story, villains, even viewpoint (but I hoped we would be able to zoom out and hold it to a perspective ala the old ones had) and certain changes to the game. But going from that to having fatman guns in it etc it just all screams HYPE GUNZ0R in game, GO ON A KILLING SPREEE....

Seriously, fatman!?! Who came up with that gun? you must be seriously not getting the setting..

Yes Fallout is more then just a turn based top down computer game, its about the atmosphere, gritty humour etc.. Still this is miles off... You certainly dropped the ball..

I remember another developer I tried to warn about things like this, anyone remember his name? and the title?

hiiiint Fpos...

Well to be honest, i can see myself buying the game, hoping for a similar experience as in Bloodlines, e.g. first-person/over the shoulder with real-time and partially frustrating combat, but with excellent atmosphere and beautiful sound/music.

I will not expect a Fallout successor. That hope (well most of it) died when Beth bought the rights.

If they keep the shallow/meaningless Oblivion dialogue system ( including the infantile rotating wheel minigame), then it won´t even be close to what Bloodlines offered in immersion and gameplay.

the only good thing is that we will probably get great post apocalyptic soundtrack...

always something... :cry:

dev said:
the only good thing is that we will probably get great post apocalyptic soundtrack...

always something... :cry:

You mean the epic, grab-the-sword-knight-in-shining-armor-and-slay-that-orc-over-there music?

Wait, it all adds up Oo :?

Brother None said:
In practice, this means players have the option to play the game very much like an RPG, but with a good bit more action than traditional RPGs.

i read this as " its like old rpgs, but its an arpg, so its not really like old rpgs "

Vehementi said:
No, I registered for reasons I outlined on page 4 of this thread. Namely, to make fun of that stupid guy. I haven't said a single thing in Fallout 3's defense, and it is frankly very alarming that you feel I have. You should re-evaluate whatever reasoning process led you to that conclusion.

Who is stupid and who should be made fun of is up to everyone here to decide.
However I can say I find your "bashing" towards me rather amusing. If not "stupid".

SA quote of the day:

But there's a huge difference. Not everyone here is saying that Oblivion was a great game. I could list several flaws offhand about it. But I can't relate flaws in Fallout 3, because the game isn't out yet!

It is the NMAers' apparently innate ability to pass final sentance sight unseen on many, many, many aspects of the game which have as yet been only hinted to in the most vague terms. If you think such a ridiculous position is not due its fair share of mockery, I have to question why.

You'll notice that pretty much nobody here has said "Fallout 3 will be great." Lots of people are expressing hope and optimism and excitement about possibilities, but no one's proclaimed unequivocally that the game will be great. Contrast that to the NMA crowd, who know, already, that the game will suck. Not, "I hope they don't do X", not "I don't think they'll be able to retain the feel by doing Y", just a flat out "The game will suck." That level of ignorance, narrow-mindedness, and plain old Crazy begs for derision by any sane, rational mind.

So don't go off that we're being counter-fanatics or anything of the sort- we're mocking stupid decisions/actions/statements the same way we would in any other thread on any other subforum. It's just the unfortunate fate of the NMAers that they keep trying to convince us their arguments aren't idiotic, which they've been as yet unable to.

They seem to be quoting me a lot over there, heh.

It's fun when people forget the Fallout community has been correct in every single prediction in the past, has/had more direct connections to Fallout devs, and knows a certain company inside and out. I can understand people being optimistic if they hadn't known much about Interplay's bullshit way back or Bethesda's handling of everything from dumbing down Daggerfall>Morrowind>Oblivion for console gamers to shitting in the mouth of Star Trek fans.

We aren't stupid enough to be tricked into buying their crap. Maybe our cause will educate and be the deciding factor for gamers on the fence about picking up a copy next fall. We all hope for good games, so why punish ourselves by supporting something that isn't? But blah blah blah it's too early to tell. Look at Bethesda's track record and how easily the puzzle pieces keep fitting.

You know, I *can*get over a handheld nuclear launcher or an exploding fusion car easily, tht is, if it's all done from at least a kilometer away... Not that I'm up for a felicide, but radiation *is* deadly...

Vehementi said:
No, I registered for reasons I outlined on page 4 of this thread. Namely, to make fun of that stupid guy. I haven't said a single thing in Fallout 3's defense, and it is frankly very alarming that you feel I have. You should re-evaluate whatever reasoning process led you to that conclusion.
Cut out the trolling, Vehementi. Registering just to point out that someone is stupid is pretty much grounds for banning, so either you better yourself very quickly, or you're out.

Mad Max: no cross-site trolling. If you want to discuss that quote, you can do it over at SA.

Maybe I'm stretching it a bit but maybe they mean the same dialog trees in the way that they are well shown?

It didn't say anything about the type of options you will get in dialog maybe you just walk up to people and talk to them the same as in Oblivion?

Man if they fuck up the dialog how can there be multiple choices to anything.

Banko said:
Man if they fuck up the dialog how can there be multiple choices to anything.

it was already said that by choosing which place you nuke you can change the quests and how the game goes on and stuff.

You have the choice, sir!

It actually sounded good to me. I personally cannot replay the original fallouts without trainers, as I love it for the atmosphere, setting and dialogue, and hate it for the slow combat.

However, the dialogue in Oblivion is atrocious. And I really, really hope they improve on this, otherwise I'll boycott it.

Unillenium said:
Don't worry you guys we got everything we need. In this primarily 1st person game WE CAN CUSTOMIZE THE APPEARANCE OF OUR CHARACTER! So that the npcs can witness our unique pwnage.
so mainly you will customize the arms.
i will play an orc and make my arms purple and then i will nuke teh enemiez aw4y

I will mod it and import Oblivions weapons, armors and stuff in it,
because in fact it is Oblivion 2 with fallout setting, they are just
afraid to tell it..

that's why "Nobody is talking..." :D

You know this to be false. Are you trying to trick me?

Is it? How many times does that quote about them doing what they do best and not change to something else has to be remembered? Looks like that's what they're gonna do, indeed. What... they're gonna do some realtime with pause they didn't do before. Wow! And as it looks they have the nerve to market this as something innovative, although it was done since 1992 (or maybe even earlier) with Darklands (which I'm playing now, and is exactly what Bethesda tries to do since Arena and still fails).
But hey, I'll say this again: to their fan-base of uneducated teen-agers, Detesda can make anything look innovative, even if never in their life did they do anything that comes close to that.

Out of morbid curiosity when I should really be sleeping, why are you posting, if you believe it's fucked and you believe they're not going to change?

Because that's the point of a fan-site? To discuss and criticize what happens to the franchise in question? Or maybe only the Detesda automatons are allowed to post and say how much the game will rockzorz?

come on! give Toddy a BREAK!

because the way he talks in that interview it clearly shows that hes hooked on methadone, because he must work so much in bringing the trrue Fallout spirit!
its clear that hes tired...he made a confusion about dialogue tree. he wanted to say that F3 will have a dialogue similar to Oblivion in presentation, and NOT complexity!

hm.....
is it just me or does this sound kinda stupid?
. Admittedly, this sometimes means the game isn’t optimized just for the PC, but just keep in mind there are pluses and minuses on both sides to keeping something exclusive to a particular platform.

What are the minuses to keeping something exclusive to a particular platform that the gamers will care about? Less cashing in? er... can't really think of anything aside from that ONE point, and that's not even for the gamers... 'Availability' of the game I don't really consider since if they didn't bother with the 'modernization' of the game anyone could've ran it on their o'l PCs...

Back