General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Watched Final Fantasy 15: Kingsglaive to get some of the backstory for FF15. It isn't really required but it does give a lot of lore in a rather entertaining way. They have came a long way since Spirits Within. If they keep it up they might knock one out of the park. They just need to work on pacing, voice work (some was possibly recorded with different equipment in different locations), and with the plot elements like excessive action. They over compensate a little with the epic fights. Catering to the audience I guess.

They could have tightened a little bit of it up and cut some of it. It dragged about 15 minutes too long I think. You can't expect to bring the whole audience along for the ride when you leave pieces out of the picture, so I can see the movie sitting wrong for some. Seems like parts were rushed as they scrambled to piece the narrative into separate parts. I'm surprised they didn't release a movie, comic, and tv series along with it. Geez Square save some damn money and quit whining about not making enough.

3.9/5

Fun Fact: This is the exact same avatar I had when I got banned on the previous forum I went on.
I know a few of you are fingers crossed to get a live reenactment ;^)

I think they did release a Tv series.

For FF15? I think there was something else but...

You are right. Thought that was just an animated movie too. Jesus they really are trying to sell that Ultimate Edition huh? That was the plan no doubt. They had all this material to do the same thing they did with 13, but they decided to shelve the extra games. Fuckers probably had a lot of the CG done. Seeing as they added some in a patch I would guess as much. Probably left on the cutting room floor and they decided to throw it in. Or it was sitting in a pile of unreleased music and footage a mile high in some closet somewhere.

From a brief read through Brotherhood looks like a waste aside from useless bits of fluff.

Well the japanese game industry is kind of in shambles so everything nowadays has to come with a multimedia plan too if they want to be greenlit it seems.

Which is a real shame since it seems like the little slanty eyes are the only ones who can make halfway decent games anymore.

A little too blatant for me. Keep that shit to a minimum please.

I think that's why we got that super condensed Ace Attorney anime, I am guessing if and when they make Ace Attorney 7 they will release a second season of the anime covering Trials and Tribulations + Apollo Justice.

Are you guys watching the Mnt Dew Doritos Awards? This shit is so lame.

Last edited:
I think that's why we got that super condensed Ace Attorney anime,
Was it any good? I really liked the first Ace Attorney game and was considering watching it but never got around to it plus I didn't want to waste my time if it ended up being a shit adaptation.

It was really condensed and while it got characterization right (unlike the shit Miike movie) it rushed past a lot of the investigation sequences during cases, mostly jumping to the court segments without much build up. I stopped watching after the fourth case of the first game, but I do know they did cover the second game too, no idea if it improved then.

I think that's why we got that super condensed Ace Attorney anime, I am guessing if and when they make Ace Attorney 7 they will release a second season of the anime covering Trials and Tribulations + Apollo Justice.

Are you guys watching the Mnt Dew Doritos Awards? This shit is so lame.

Watched Kojima get the award.

Which part? How Geoff almost cried for his pal Kojima or the nominees?

They....got MatPat? I didn't know it had devolved to such a state. The Doritos Dew should have been the warning sign. @Jebus help us.

Back