General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Wooz said:
Don't need no steam. Still need a GaySpyID, tho'. Playing it at the moment, although not today :(
Managed to host a game session over Hamachi with some people a few days ago, works like charm. I think there will be more Borderlands networks over Hamachi soon, maybe you should give it a shot Master Wooz - just feel the force flowing through your new network adapter...

DA:O, and it's pretty cool. I just completed the mage tutorial (hurt the hell out of my eyes with all of the blurring).

Controlling multiple people is a bitch, because you can only queue up one action at a time. I imagine micromanaging a large party is going to be a huge pain in the ass, especially if you're playing on Hard or Nightmare.

I attempted to make the worst looking Mage possible, so here he is.

Torchlight. It's an ok game, but the enchanting system is entirely broken - almost a cheat mode - rendering set/unique items pointless. Since this is a loot-based game this issue needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Official forums remind me of bethsoft with morons countering complaints and requests for a patch fixing this with "well just don't use it" "argument".

I have tried Borderlands today.
I know this isn't a game you should play alone but I am in general a Single Player gamer, but to be honest I didn't find it such an interesting game to play alone or with other gamers.

If Diablo sort of handles the same kind of fight and loot mentality I would probably also not like that game.

Daimyo said:
While Age of Conan takes most of my game time these days, 2 days ago I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl on Steam and I love it.

The weather effects, the music and the ambient sounds are awesome. I always feel I have to be careful ...

Love the mood of the game so far!
I bought it from Steam too, around the same time you did. I played it back when it was released, but my system wasn't good and I didn't like the game too much. This time I liked it more, though I did play it with Stalker Complete 2009 which enhances the graphics and does some other stuff. Now I even reached the "true ending," whereas previously I was unaware that such a thing existed because I hurried through the game so quickly.

It's a fairly cool game, but sadly there's little replay value.

Based on my gaming experiences of this year so far I can pretty much say that it and 2008 were some of my worst gaming years ever.

There was only a handful of games which I found somewhat enjoyable but not really that memorable.

So I wonder if I am getting really old... nah games are just more crap these days.

-Resistance: Retribution
-Wolfenstein (okay it was standard and small but it did the FPS parts well, plus I really like the Indiana Jones/Hellboy vibe)
-Tales of Monkey Island
-Dead Space Extraction (rather short but I really liked it for a rail shooter)
-Contra Rebirth

Where are the Deux Ex's, System Shock 2's, Fallout's, Jedi Knight's, Wing Commander's, Planescape: Torment's.
Not sequels but games that have the same type of grabbing you and entertaining you for days, and then have the fun of replaying them again because they are just so good.

I am starting to become envious of my earlier game years, games might not have looked as good or have all the bells and whistles of games today, but I was happy with them dammit.

playing right now No one lives forever 2 and redeck rampage rides again i got lost in the last one.

The Dutch Ghost said:
I just finished Mass Effect, bought it cheap on STEAM.

Man, what a melodramatic game.

It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty new to RPGs, but I didn't find it a bad game.
It's not the masterpiece everyone says (in reality is an avarage to good game, scores 6.5 at best), but the story is OK, the main quest is entertaining and the side quests are bored to death.

What I've found funny is that the game appears to be launched incomplete. You can see this on the Citadel, the planets and even in the enviroment, they are rather large, but a lot of parts are unused.
And BTW, Bethesda copied A LOT of things from ME and put it in FO3.

I'm starting to play Arcanum, never heard of it before, but it seems complex and challeging.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. :D
But Wolfenstein and Doom 3 are garbage, they only rely on the past history of iD.
What a sad end for one of the most important companies of PC games. :(

And now they are part of the Bethesda/Zenimax group, no more good games (it appears that Rage will not have dedicated servers and they are having a discussion with Zenimax on inclusion of mods!)
An iD game without mods, can you believe it?! :shock:

[ ]'s

Tried Arcanum again, and couldn't get into it. As much as I want to play the hell out of this game, it just never clicks with me.

Now I'm reinstalling GTA4 again and hoping that after all of these patches, it isn't a steaming pile of shit anymore; although I'm not getting my hopes up.

*edit*

Nope, still runs like shit and looks like a PS2 game.

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
Tried Arcanum again, and couldn't get into it. As much as I want to play the hell out of this game, it just never clicks with me.

I'm considering giving it another go too, but I'm having kinda the same problem. I've started it up twice before, first time I think I had some problems and couldn't run it properly. second time I played quite a bit, came to the big city (can't remember what it's called) and had a really great time. but the unbalanced combat and awkward interface eventually put me off so when I got stuck with some quest I just stopped and moved on.

I have huge respect for the game, but unfortunately it's a bit too much of a mess for me to actually enjoy from beginning to end.

It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty new to RPGs, but I didn't find it a bad game.
It's not the masterpiece everyone says (in reality is an avarage to good game, scores 6.5 at best), but the story is OK, the main quest is entertaining and the side quests are bored to death.

I found the background setting not really original plus a lot of the dialog was very poor in my opinion.

When I played it became rather obvious that this was based on the Kotor games.

Also no memorable NPCs.

Played Batman arkham asylym trough, what a fun game, though bit too straightforward/easy.

Really liked voice acting, character visual styles (batmans walking looks rather funny though) riddlers riddles and fluent fighting and sneaking plus character bios and tapes/collectables.

What i didnt like was how easy most of the fights were, and boss fights were no that great either, especially croc was big letdown.

Other than that definetly one of the better games of this year.

Back