General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

The Dutch Ghost said:
Oh boy, I just checked out the Wikipedia entry on that game's story.

I will not say anything but I think we should talk after you have finished it Sander.
Oh, I'm expecting a stupid modern-world ending again. Doesn't matter, it doesn't make the meat of the game any less enjoyable. And it is very enjoyable.

As I said, I don't get why they added the modern-day framing device. It distracts from the game itself, and is only there to 'explain' the console interface away. Except that the entire plot is completely ridiculous.

Okay per, I accept your challenge.

I'm currently playing Baldur's gate 2 as a fighter/mage, a tad boring, I might make either a gnome illusionist or a Wildmage. Any suggestions?(please no Kensai/Mage)

Kensai/Rogue :D , apart from that try tactics/improved anvil mod if you find game to boring ;) (first one on weidu site with handful of other fine mods)

I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate 1 through Tutu, so that I can play the BG2 classes in it. I've got a wildmage who's currently just prior to going through cloakwood (I just can't bring myself to play through that part), but I have to say, the wildmage is lots of fun. Sure, there's harmful stuff that can happen, but so for I haven't had anything happen that actually required a reload to be honest. A fireball once exploded in my area while casting some shield spell, but everyone luckily survived that - apart from the enemy gnolls standing too close.

The pro's of the Wildmage by far outway the contra's. Multiple times I've had a spell deal double damage, cast at a higher level (or lower, sure), create gems, sounds, weird effects, nothing. It keeps things interesting. It also gives you the bonus spell you get as a specialized mage, but without the contra of being barred from the opposite school of your specialization. Mage is a nice class anyway, and especially in BG2 once you get to the higher levels you can try your hand at one of the only (somewhat) deep strategic battles involving high level mages. It's just so much fun creating barriers, peeling away at one another, creating sequencers and whatnot, up to the point where one of you fails. And direct damage is bloody good as well.

If you're planning to do a lot with your main character, I'd say a rogue, either assassin or the trap-route, is also quite a good choice. I've played through BG2 once with an archer, which was fun but became somewhat boring (get the best crossbow, fire Bolts of Biting, and almost everything dies), and once I've played through it with an assassin, backstabbing anything that could be backstabbed. It's fun, but limited, especially during the later areas and levels where things undead and demon kinda make you suck cause direct melee is not what the assassin did well for me.

Dragon Age: Origins.
It is, in my opinion, a good/decent RPG. Its not amazing, but atleast it has solid stat system and skill system that forces you to pick some specific route. And i like the different origins the races and classes have.
Problem is, it doesnt give enough information about skills in general,how long they last etc, it doesnt give me any real numbers. Inventory system could be much better , it is outright stupid that a plate armour will take same space as a piece of paper.
Now playing "evil" bastard.

Solium Infernum. I'm currently in two pbem games, and one sp game, for which I'm writing an AAR, which can be found here in case anyone's interested.

rented, played and finished COD: Modern Warfare 2. It wasn't that bad. I actually enjoyed the Special Ops mode.

Just finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl - a fantastic game.

Am now playing Age of Conan and started The Witcher today - am impressed so far.

Age of Conan is still amazing and the best MMO I have played to this date.

After having finished Okami (really awesome game, by the way, kind of like Zelda but with fresh content and in some ways a lot more fun) on the Wii for the first time, I managed to play through Planescape: Torment all the way for the first time. I find the first 2 hours or so to be really boring, which makes it hard to get through if I have to restart (which I had to do), but the game as a whole is pretty decent with the exception of the ending which is pretty boring.

I'm thinking of playing through Future Cop: L.A.P.D. now (played the demo to death with a buddy, but never got through the whole game), or perhaps some classic Worms for the nostalgia. :D

I am rather bored of modern games on the moment, plus my PS3 is at the repair store, so I have downloaded an MSX emulator and have been playing some of the games for that.

I have just finished War of the Dead 2

Now busy playing SD Snatcher and Psycho World

Well, right now im playing game called "torchlight" from couple guys that were part of blizzard some time ago.

Its basicly diablo (1) (with gfx only a "little" worse than diablo 3).
good H'n'S with interesting features, music and some oldschool diablo-ish "feel"

Picked up NWN 2 gold edition on a whim..., can't get into it. I am not that picky about graphics, but the faces feels really plastic.

I am slowly working my way through Sega's Ultimate Smash pack for ps3. Shining Force 1/2, Phantasy Star 2, 3, 4, a horde of old arcade games. Nostalgia...

I also picked up the new Golden Axe out of the nostalgia from playing the older ones..., bad mistake.

I still need time to finish Persona 3, Shin Megami Tensei series, the off shoot 2 part series of SMT, Cross Edge and the Fatal Frame series.

I've played around a bit with NWN2 a while back and couldn't get into it either. The story, just as with the first game, was just so horrendously slow and badly written. I've never quite liked the engine itself either.

Still, it is capable of some quite amazing things, and both NWN1 and 2 are probably worth it if only for the multiplayer mods and such.

I kinda enjoyed NWN2, but it took me 3-4 attempts to actually make it through the game. the story is in some ways pretty good, but a little too cliché fantasy. I like how there are some unexpected twists here and there though.

my biggest gripes with the game are the graphics and the engine. it runs so slow and sluggish on even a powerful computer. and the graphics are just bad, characters look so stiff and dull.

Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

quite fun...butcher bay kinda reminds me of the darkness...and i LOVED the darkness!

Astiaks said:
God! Infamous is such a boring game. I wonder why all the reviews praise it so much!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Going to toy with that Chronicles of Riddick game

Pablosdog said:
Okay per, I accept your challenge.

Excellent! I've beaten 195 but have then failed uncountable times at 200. I've come somewhat close, but there's always one or more 50% guesses or high-density corners left at the end.

Back