General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Amnesia has you playing a helpless wuss that can't fight any enemies he faces, only options being hiding or running. Doom and Fear give you weapons to blast everything to bits. There's your difference.
I don't find any action/horror titles scary neither, but Amnesia can drive me nuts until I jump literally at nothing or hide from enemies that aren't even there. Very atmospheric game.

Whelp that's Bloodlines completed, got so close a few years back but my laptop died on the last level and then lost interest due to repetitiveness.
Time to do something less monotonous and boring than the Chinese temple... like exploring every planet in Spore or something.

Spore got insanely boring once you have to spread to all the other solar systems and destroy the evil race. Until that point it was quite fun though!

Playing Mafia 2. Getting disappointed by open world emptiness. There is just not much to do here. Goddamn, what a waste of beautiful space.

Finished Throne of Bhaal... Not as good as Shadows of Amn - it gets too actiony towards the end - mindless bashing, but also some of the most challenging fights in the history of RPG games.

So that concludes my Baldur's Gate 2 saga, I wonder if I should try the first one. Never played it, but don't wanna get disappointed, either...

Waiting to play Amnesia... But it DOESN'T WORK on my Radeon X1950 (and more generally on all the X-Series cards)... A fix is in the works... but now I'm just frustrated.

Ravager69 said:
Baldur's Gate 1 sucks donkey balls. But I didn't like BG2 either, so I may be biased.
Yeah, I think BG2 without the community patches and updates (some considered 'cheats') would be pretty annoying to play by today's standards. I imagine BG1 is a lot worse in that aspect.

I personally loved Baldur’s Gate 1, but I played it when the game was first released…the game isn’t perfect, but I found the story and characters fascinating. There are quite a few mods that have been built for the game that enhance the experience substantially. Take a look at - http://www.spellholdstudios.net/

24-22.JPG

Oh my word, Dark Messiah was such a let down.

SkuLL said:
Spore got insanely boring once you have to spread to all the other solar systems and destroy the evil race. Until that point it was quite fun though!

Only fun I had in that game was with the creature creator. And to think, I blew 80 bucks on "Galactic Edition", with a poster and a DVD.

Spore: Galactic Adventures is quite fun but you need to have either a lot of spare time or an obsessive attention span to do anything great with it.

Just finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, a great game (not as good as original but still), but the marketing stunt with the ending was fucking annoying. The addon had better be good.

Playing Dead Space PC, good game but gets boring after about 1hr of play. So, reeeally short game sessions.

I also just found out that there's Blazblue for PC. Currently hacking through story mode, but had to take a break for a few days cause my thumbs were unhappy.

Just finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, a great game (not as good as original but still), but the marketing stunt with the ending was fucking annoying. The addon had better be good.

Playing Dead Space PC, good game but gets boring after about 1hr of play. So, reeeally short game sessions.

I also just found out that there's Blazblue for PC. Currently hacking through story mode, but had to take a break for a few days cause my thumbs were unhappy.

Crni Vuk said:
Never thrust EA anymore :P
Heh heh. :wiggle:

I'm playing Amnesia. I never completed any of the Penumbra games, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. Didn't get too frightened to play, just lost interest after a point. Anyways, Amnesia hasn't hit that point for me yet. Far more immersing than the Penumbras, and while it doesn't frighten me it does make me paranoid. Heck, when I finally encountered an enemy or when I got chased by the shade I was almost let down because of how tense everything up to that point was making me, and then finally here's the bad guy and I had to outrun, outmaneuver, and hide from it.

Not a knock against the game, mind you. Quite the opposite. I think I'm going to finish this one.

Gah, and it's hard to overstate how much the sound works for the benefit of this game's atmosphere. The ambiance that first plays in the archives (I think) felt like it was going to bore into my mind.

SkuLL said:

I thought it was awful. Most disappointing game ever for me. I still have the creature creator on my desk top however, if they just applied they creation system to a half way decent game I'd be all over it. It really is a very well made system, even way over a year down the line I still find myself playing around with it and discovering ways to make my creature that I never thought of before.

Maybe Dark Spore will be better. If they just make it a complete rip off of diablo I'll be happy with it as long as I can have some fun with my creations.

OT, currently I'm replaying 360 games. The recent Left 4 Dead comic has got me playing the sequel again and I'm just having another run though of Bioshock after Infinites trailer. It's a lot better than I remember it, but maybe everything after the story twist left a bad taste in my mouth so my memories slurd.

Back