General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I'm playing Sanitarium because everyone always tells me it's so good. Already in love with it, I love the graphics, they're very good for their time.

Demon's souls, a bad mash up of diablo, neverwinter nights 2, and onimusha. Jumping puzzles/platform game play with havok is not my idea of fun. :roll: Bad collusion, bad physics and quite commonly, bad camera angles, got stuck in a polygon blackhole and couldn't get out, had to restart a game.

Some oldies, Phantasy Star IV, and Shining Force 2.

I am also doing a bit of Valkyria Chronicles and RE 5.

alec said:
I'm playing Sanitarium because everyone always tells me it's so good. Already in love with it, I love the graphics, they're very good for their time.
Yes! I knew you'd like that game, though I would imagine you would have already played it ages ago.

Unfortunately it goes a bit down-hill with every chapter (insane asylum is perfection, the village is awesome, then it's down to good and mediocre, picking up a bit at the end again).

EDIT:
<center>What a great start to an adventure game!
1740-2.jpg

</center>

It crashes every twenty minutes or so. Sorta ruins the fun, but I love it. The little details, like the pieces of paper dancing on the wind, that's just awesome.

Yeah, I remember it was quite a bit of work to get it running properly on a 'new' PC (i.e. Windows XP). But there are a few forums out there and I think even a community patch.

The details are wonderful - I remember being amazed at the graphics, thinking how 'ahead of its time it was' when I first played it, but even on a recent play-through I still loved it.

The main guy's voice acting is also brilliant, one of the best voices ever used for a player character. Not even sure why that is - it's just the right amount of creepy.

two worlds for just 10 euros. Damn is the game boring ...

another example which proves to me that Sandbox games make poor rpgs (my oppinion).

Gotta play Sanitarium, too...
Right now I'm playing Tie Fighter and Dark Forces. I love DosBox sooo much...

Today I feel so surrounded by overhyped games I don't even remember the proper meaning of an adventure game.

Playing Amnesia in short 20 minute bursts.

Found out that throwing assorted objects at the zombified Kenyans doesn't actually slow them down. Also, hiding in a corner and staring at a wall seems to make them disappear, while looking directly at them gives them night vision goggles and a jet pack.

Empty09 said:
Today I feel so surrounded by overhyped games I don't even remember the proper meaning of an adventure game.

12737116.jpg

I played Amnesia on my friend's computer. God DAMN is that game creepy. All I can say is fuck that googly-eyed, lower jawless, pale-skinned motherfucker that kept chasing me.

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
That game was incredible until I got stuck and looked at a walkthrough. From then on I kept looking it up whenever I got a little bit stuck. Ruined the fun for me. I always do this with adventures. :seriouslyno:

That's why I liked adventure games in the good old days without Internet. Where you just had to figure it out, or game over. Remember thinking about some puzzles all day, friends calling each other trying to find the solution... aah, good old days.

Hah; I played the demo for Amnesia and totally pussied out. I decided I would never be able to finish this game so instead opted for searching Youtube for a Let's Play...

I'm such a wimp... :|

I just can't believe Amnesia is that scary. I will have to give it a try. Hope it's indeed scary and not frustrating, which is the modern-day replacement for horror.

I've never played a truly scary first-person-view game, but then again, I've never really searched for one (DOOM and FEAR were nowhere near the amount of scary their media hype at the time suggested).

Back