General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Not bad so far and kinda fun....

For some odd reason I have Jagged Alliance from GoG....I didn't buy it but it's there......:shrug:

2. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Playing Drakensang: The River of Time. Big improvement on the first, pretty damn solid game, though with noticeable flaws.

3. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    Icewind Dale II on my PC and Trinity Universe on my PS3.

4. TheRatKing

TheRatKing Vault Dweller

Oct 7, 2008
    Chronicles of Riddick, Escape from Butcher Bay.

I have mixed opinions. I'm starting to get tired of the gameplay (I'm escaping the mines)
    I really liked the beginning where not every NPC was evil and out to get you.

5. Serge 13

Serge 13 Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    Playing the original Saints Row. It's loads of fun!

6. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    -I'm playing Arcanum as a good mage with my killer dog by my side.

-Bad company 2 for my multiplayer needs.

-I'm looking into Risen but can't make up my mind.
    Did anyone here play it, what kind of RPG is it?

7. matthewfarmery

matthewfarmery It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 26, 2010
    playing morrowind overhaul (a mod that enhances the sound and graphics of the game, and is community supported (and needs both expansions / GOTY edition) looks great and not that hard to install, but is a big download, 1.6gig (currently the latest version can be got from the main website / forum that is Italian, (but it works on all versions / languages of the game)

here

if you are a fan of morrowind, check it out, morrowind looks utter gorgeous now, and sounds great too, been ages since I last played it

8. Finally got fable 2, and I just can't stop playing it.

9. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I think they did a really good job with the tief and his skills this time. Particularly as he can only use them in combat when he is really stealing sometimes and thus pleasing his god.

10. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    They gave that out as a reward for being signed up with them during beta.

Currently playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, fancied me some old school jrpg.

11. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    You're going to love the mobile armour segment, man.

12. Serge 13

Serge 13 Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    Gawd, i played and finished that on the hardest setting on the ps3. It was a real torture, especially when i found out that i had to play through the whole damn thing again in order to get the trophy for the Normal finish!

13. Small Framed

Small Framed First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2008
    Risen is a ARPG, hack and slash combat requires tactics as simply mashing the attack button would get you killed in no time.

- C&C are abound but they don't affect the ending.

- side quests are abound, varied and enjoyable

- There is also faction implementation (faction based quest, faction-based enemies)

- Dialog is quite good (well at least for me)

- Good graphics, character models are cartoon-ish though

- Its a bit slow paced in terms of character leveling (you earn points which you need to be eligible for training-which costs money, lots of money and money is quite difficult to earn here)

I can't comment much on the implementation of range and magick based combat as I focused on fighter build

Overall, I very much enjoyed playing this game. BUT, play it on PC, because the console versions are quite atrocious

Hope this helps.

14. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Right now it's Darksiders, and then I'm going back to Assassin's Creed 2 afterwards to finish it off. Darksiders is a very well-made game, effectively a Zelda clone with God of War/Devil May Cry combat, and World of Warcraft's art style. I've been having a lot of fun with it, but I guess it really isn't quite as good as the games it so liberally borrows from... it's nowhere near as large a game as Zelda, for instance, although I can see why a shorter game would work well with the story provided. I think I'll have fond memories of it a few years from now, but I doubt I'll ever want to play it again after finishing it up. Was easily worth the $10 I paid for it, and I have high hopes for Vigil's next game.

Also going back to Civilization V. I realise the game still has some issues, but the recent patches have improved the balance a lot, and if it wasn't for the bad combat AI, minor interface problems and semi-broken diplomacy, I think it'd actually be pretty comparable to Civ IV in quality. It's definitely not as complex a game, but it feels much more balanced, especially with regards to culture and science victories, which always felt like a backup plan to conquest in Civ V.

15. Arden

Arden Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 26, 2010
    Its very similar to Gothic 1 and 2 (From the same guys, after the G3 debacle). The first few chapters are pretty good, it turns a bit into too much of h&s towards the end for my tastes. Apart from that, pretty much what small framed said. Its one of the few fantasy-games where ranged combat is viable. Take bows and dex instead of crossbows. Magic is harder at the beginning but later its practically cheating.

To stay on topic: Giving Drakensang TRoT a solo playthrough (as far as possible, sometimes you need a companion).

16. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    As always..... Playing Team Fortress 2. For some reason i just can't get excited about games as much as i used to, it just feels like a guilty pleasure, like i should be doing something more usefull. Anyone else get that feeling?

17. Wintermind

Wintermind Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 21, 2011
    Sword of the Stars. Best worst game ever.

It's a space based 4X game with a mix of turn-based strategic turns, and realtime tactical battles. Two full expansions that each bring a new race and big changes to it's tech tree and and add new depth to diplomacy and what not, and one little expansion pack that adds a whole shitload of tech to the techtree, giving a whole bunch of new weapons and ship segments.

18. Empty09

Empty09 Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 26, 2009
    Only when getting fustrated/bored on/of some games.
    What else could me more useful?!

19. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for the info Small Framed and Arden. :ok:

20. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes very much so. Actually when it comes to games right now I am more interested in the development/concept art behind it then really playing it (well maybe because I am doing concepts by my self and thus always like to see what others, professional artists and game designers come up with). For example I never get the idea of playing Wow but I bought some a rt-books about it recently and love watching the trailers. What ever if Wow is now good or not but I think Blizzard has some of the most talented art departments out there.