General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Tagaziel said:
On Low Chaos, you're not supposed to choke him.

So I could've talked to him? :lol: Same thign happened to me when meeting the Radio Host, I choked him but after getting the mission failure message on the optional objective I reloaded because I realized I had no way of taking the Regent down non lethaly. Gotta go back and talk to him. :lol:

I ended up with 5 kills whole, stupid Whalers kept falling to their deaths everytime I shot them with sleep Darts.

I ended up killing the final target. He's got a special death animation that's pretty well done. I also killed Lady Boyle in my low chaos run, giving her to that creep seemed like way too cruel a fate, according to the Outsider she will be miserable for the rest of her life.

Continuing from the whole Dishonored thing, I really REALLY love the way the lore and the setting are both build up and shown to us, I am a sucker for that kind of weird metaphysical magic and religions, The Outsider is a very cool character, the setting is very Low Fantasy and everything just has that drity look befitting the industrial revolution, with pale colors and the like, The Whales have very cool designs that the artists obviously put a lot of effort into, yet they don't stick them into your field of view like saying "LOOOOOOOOK! LOOK!", oh god, I hope they make a second game in the same universe, even if the protagonist is not Corvo.

So I join into the Dishonored crowd. Combat is extremely fun. I must say thought in terms of mechanics this game reminds me too much of Deus Ex - not a bad thing, but not original either.

I found one of my old Xbox games on a Steam sale, Star Wars Republic Commando. I really like the squad dynamics the game has; basically, you have 3 other troopers assisting you, and you can assign them to various tasks (sniping, door breach, hacking, grenade duty, ect) on the fly. Too bad the missions are very linear, so it doesn't fully exploit the system. I can imagine a game with a similar gameplay setup where the missions are far more open (deus Ex-like maybe?) being really fun. It's also really short, but for 4$ that's not exactly a dealbreaker now is it.

Oh, and the menu music is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiNyQD5Yq3E

Just ended Farcry3 blood dragon and try to play Arcanum, ultima underworld and Divine divinity

For Farcry3 Blood dragon, good but not best or excellent game.
One thing is clear: It worth 15$.

Ilosar said:
I found one of my old Xbox games on a Steam sale, Star Wars Republic Commando. I really like the squad dynamics the game has; basically, you have 3 other troopers assisting you, and you can assign them to various tasks (sniping, door breach, hacking, grenade duty, ect) on the fly. Too bad the missions are very linear, so it doesn't fully exploit the system. I can imagine a game with a similar gameplay setup where the missions are far more open (deus Ex-like maybe?) being really fun. It's also really short, but for 4$ that's not exactly a dealbreaker now is it.

Oh, and the menu music is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiNyQD5Yq3E

I used to play that a lot for PC. Can't disagree, very fun game with a fun twist on the usual fps mechanics, that could easily have been longer and less linear. Still one of the best fps's I've played, to be honest.

Damn, now you want me to play Star Wars Republic Commando again.

woo1108, I have Farcry 3 Blood Dragon but I am not sure about playing it, is Uplay intrusive?

Noticed that Tomb Raider was on 50% sale!.. Sadly i've spent way more cash this month that i should! And i can't remember the last time i finnished a Tomb Raider game so i'm not sure i will play it a lot..

At least i still have my APB :/

The Dutch Ghost said:
Damn, now you want me to play Star Wars Republic Commando again.

woo1108, I have Farcry 3 Blood Dragon but I am not sure about playing it, is Uplay intrusive?
Even I perchased and installed through steam, uplay is needed. What a shame

The Dutch Ghost said:
Sorry, I meant what is your experience with Uplay like?
Nothing bad except using both steam and uplay. So it would be better to buy other shop not from steam IMO.
In fact, it looks good to earn some point by beat some achievement and get music, wallpaper and etc.

Bought the new Tomb Raider 3 days ago and started playing last night! Started out really great but they overdid the action and the enemies are kinda dumb.. The game is also way to easy and i started out on the hardest difficulty.

At first glance 8.5/10.. now 7/10. Got a few hours left before i'm done so i hope something will save it for me.

Okay, so I already beat the game in High Chaos.

And when I said "Let's Fuck Dunwall Up!" I wasn't expecting ALL THAT.

[spoiler:d2956b7151]

I Think I was a terrible influence on poor Emily

Yeah.... most definetly

But it can get worse....

If you don't save her and let her fall (or better yeat use Windblast to send her flying along with Havelock LOL) Things aren't good either...

Good thing Jhonny Depp Chris Angel Satan was amused

Because the Populace sure isn't gonna like it one bit.
[/spoiler:d2956b7151]

It was fun, now to get Knife of Dunwall. Sounds entertaining playing as Daud.

Walpknut said:
Okay, so I already beat the game in High Chaos.

And when I said "Let's Fuck Dunwall Up!" I wasn't expecting ALL THAT.

[spoiler:5cbf72e7f5]

I Think I was a terrible influence on poor Emily

Yeah.... most definetly

But it can get worse....

If you don't save her and let her fall (or better yeat use Windblast to send her flying along with Havelock LOL) Things aren't good either...

Good thing Jhonny Depp Chris Angel Satan was amused

Because the Populace sure isn't gonna like it one bit.
[/spoiler:5cbf72e7f5]

It was fun, now to get Knife of Dunwall. Sounds entertaining playing as Daud.
Eh... I don't like to give bad influence so I don't want to play on chaos..but that makes game less fun.. :cry:

Back