General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. The Outsider

The Outsider Wandering Anomaly

Jan 9, 2019
    I'm replaying Dark Souls: Remastered on Xbox One.
    My first Character is a Paladin, as my other Character is a Warrior.
    Poise is OP, Magic is Stronger, and the PVE in this game is definitely the best in the trilogy.
    For my Paladin, he's in NG+2 as his Soul Level is 187.
    For my Warrior, he's in NG as his SL is 80.
    So what's your favorite build in DS1?

2. Norzan

Norzan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 7, 2017
    Update on this, i'm actually considering playing Dragon Quest 9 instead of 7. I haven't touched 9 since my only playthrough back at release. The thing that sucks is that the game can only have one save file (apparently the game was way too big to allow multiple save files) and that means deleting a savefile that i have a nostalgic attachment to. I'm most likely caving in and just replay 9 to see if it's as good as i remember.

Dragon Quest 9 was actually the very first Dragon Quest game i bought and played and i have no clue on how came to know about it. Looking at my DS library of games and i have no idea how came to know some of the games's existences to think about even buying them. Also, Dragon Quest 9 came out 10 years ago and that's sobering as shit about how fleeting time is.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    But would DQ9 even be as fun now that the support for the game is done? Half that game was spotpass stuff and internet downloads. Like it doesn't even have a party of characters to speak of it's more like the mercs from Pillars of eternity.

4. Proletären

Proletären Moderator

Mar 15, 2012
    I just finished the newly released enhanced edition of Quake. If you haven't finished Quake yet now is the perfect time to do so. I knew that it would be good but I'm actually amazed how well it stands the test of time, it's one of the greats. I have never before played a game with such good map design. The enhanced edition comes free for previous owners so I would suggest you jump right in!

5. Norzan

Norzan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 7, 2017
    Given that i never even used the spotpass and internet downloads and i still loved the game, it didn't really mattered. And there are other characters to speak to, your combat party is just comprised of created characters. Which honestly is one of my favorite things in the game because it harkens back to Final Fantasy 1 and Dragon Quest 3.

6. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I started Yakuza 0. Straight away I can really tell how different it is from Yakuza 7, even if it still has the funny haha mini games, the tone is vry different and Kiryu is an entirely different character, I could argue a more typical protagonist tho, but still enjoying it a lot. The presentation is also really good, and makes me realize why some scenes in Yakuza 7 had what was seemingly random switches in style, they were harkening back to the previous games. Makes me appreciate 7 even more. Really enjoying 0 so far, not that good at the combat yet, and I am playing on hard from the get go.

7. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Archives Overseer

Mar 16, 2013
    Replaying Borderlands for the first time cause apparently I got the enhanced remaster for free.

Enjoying it way, way more than I remember. Definitely a lot more than the stomach churning Borderlands 2.

Soundtrack is a standout that I don't remember being as good as it is.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  8. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    I remember enjoying the first one a good bit. Then the second one came out and I finally got to playing it and my friend was like, "dude isn't this game even better and funnier?" Didn't like it much when I told them, no not really. Like yeah I guess from a gameplay perspective it was better but the feeling of Borderlands 1 was gone. Borderlands 1 was stupid cringe humor but it wasn't shoved down your throat. You were just some mercenary looking for treasure and helping or harming anyone that could help you get to it. Sure, there's a few underlying stories there but for the most part you're just on some Mad Max space planet looking for money and some of the characters are goofy psychos. I liked that vibe way more than a villain calling his horse an ass diamond and telling me how stupid and dumb I was constantly.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Morgan_

Morgan_ The Fool

Jul 3, 2020
    BL1 had it's humor but it wasn't in your face with it always trying to be like that unlike 2. BL1 had better atmosphere. I still enjoyed 2 a lot as it was different I felt it was still done well. 3 tried to continue this, but the ideas were running out and the talent was jumping ship.
    Too bad.

Borderlands 1 is one of my all time favorites. The series needs a rest now though.