General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Remastered is definitely worth a play if you don't mind the grind.

I like the intro.

It's good; but I like this one [the intro] better—also the LP as well:

I've probably watched the whole playlist about seven times so far.

Finally started playing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night after buying it like two weeks ago and not touching it. It's basically Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow combined and since those are my favorites of the Metroidvanias in the Castlevania series, i'm having a blast. Started playing around like midnight and when i look at the time, it's 4 AM.

If Konami doesn't want to do jack and shit with the Castlevania license, i'm glad someone else is actually making games in the same as vein as Castlevania.

Me and the boys on our way to get fucked over by a random encounter and have to reload because I started the game on Hard mode.

upload_2021-11-22_15-1-27.png

I beat Nocturne, 4 and 4 Apocalypse. Beat other SMT games tho, not including the persona ones like the Raidoh Kuzunoha games and Devil Survivor 1.

I beat Nocturne, 4 and 4 Apocalypse. Beat other SMT games tho, not including the persona ones like the Raidoh Kuzunoha games and Devil Survivor 1.

I plan on beating the old NES ones at some point but the grinding might kill me.

Those are grindy as fuck, and Nocturne is already pretty grindy as it is. That's why I just read up on their lore so I catch the call backs in the new games.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Digital Devil Saga games. Easily the most bizarred Post apocalyptic setting ever.
In a complete wasteland of a world, 6 factions know nothing but the endless war they lead against each other. One day during another Skirmish a giant egg appears in the sky and brands everyone with a mark. From the Egg emerges a girl whose more out there feature (to them) is the fact that she has black hair. Soon everyone that has been branded by the egg starts developing cannibalistic hunger, the ability to turn into demons... and questionign why are they even fighting over, developing emotions and personalities.

Last edited:
I finished the first three Halo games and enjoyed them so much, that I have a dilemma on whether or not to play all the rest of them. From what I've been able to find from places online, they're not as good after 3, with 5 being the worst. Hmmm...

I played all the campaigns solo, and the AI allies were just awful... and absolutely fucking moronic when driving vehicles, especially the Warthogs. They drove erratically, rammed into me on multiple occasions and a couple of times even rammed me off the edge of a cliff. And never ride with them. Ever. The AI was really the only problem I had with the games.

Also, R.I.P. to all the random allies that got caught in friendly fire, were caught in the blast from my grenades, or that I ran over with various vehicles. Lol.

I finished the first three Halo games and enjoyed them so much, that I have a dilemma on whether or not to play all the rest of them. From what I've been able to find from places online, they're not as good after 3, with 5 being the worst. Hmmm...

I played all the campaigns solo, and the AI allies were just awful... and absolutely fucking moronic when driving vehicles, especially the Warthogs. They drove erratically, rammed into me on multiple occasions and a couple of times even rammed me off the edge of a cliff. And never ride with them. Ever. The AI was really the only problem I had with the games.

Also, R.I.P. to all the random allies that got caught in friendly fire, were caught in the blast from my grenades, or that I ran over with various vehicles. Lol.
AI for allies bad. I remember enemy AI being decent to good. Didn't like 4, didn't try 5. Infinite's multiplayer is better than 4's so far. Will likely try the campaign one day.

Playing Halo Reach multiplayer through the Master Chief Collection on Xbox One...
The feeling is neutral for me...
The campaign on the other hand, as well as firefight, I love it!
I've first played Halo Reach when it was popular on Xbox 360, yet haven't played multiplayer in its entirety, only Campaign and Firefight.

Last edited:
I got a question from people here who play or played real time strategy games.

I am not a big RTS player though I really liked Homeworld, Homeworld Cataclysm, Starcraft and its expansion Brood Wars, and at least Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty.
The storylines of the follow up games became increasingly terrible and I could not bother finishing the Protoss one.

I never really got into the Command and Conquer series despite that I have tried out entries like C&C Tiberian Sun. Mostly because of the storyline and the campaign, the last sometimes felt very repetitive or dry.
SC felt more engaging at the time.

But these last couple of days I have been considering trying out Red Alert 3.
I know Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge are more popular, and that Red Alert 1 has recently been remastered and rereleased on Steam, though I suspect I will need to download an EA client program for that one.
I simply wish to go with this game.

But I have heard there are some issues with this game regarding gameplay. In particular management of the player's forces, and commander skills that can unbalance the game.

Has anyone here played this game, and if so, would you recommend it or not?

I got a question from people here who play or played real time strategy games.

I am not a big RTS player though I really liked Homeworld, Homeworld Cataclysm, Starcraft and its expansion Brood Wars, and at least Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty.
The storylines of the follow up games became increasingly terrible and I could not bother finishing the Protoss one.

I never really got into the Command and Conquer series despite that I have tried out entries like C&C Tiberian Sun. Mostly because of the storyline and the campaign, the last sometimes felt very repetitive or dry.
SC felt more engaging at the time.

But these last couple of days I have been considering trying out Red Alert 3.
I know Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge are more popular, and that Red Alert 1 has recently been remastered and rereleased on Steam, though I suspect I will need to download an EA client program for that one.
I simply wish to go with this game.

But I have heard there are some issues with this game regarding gameplay. In particular management of the player's forces, and commander skills that can unbalance the game.

Has anyone here played this game, and if so, would you recommend it or not?

I heard someone speak highly of Red Alert 3 who's opinion I value. It isn't the first two but it is good for what it is in current year.

I heard someone speak highly of Red Alert 3 who's opinion I value. It isn't the first two but it is good for what it is in current year.

In the RTS genre or in general?
I really have not played that many new games this year. Most if not all of them were releases from years ago such as Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2.

Okay, I will give this a try.
I know it is going to be very cheesy, but I hope it is more enjoyable than the load of cliches that Starcraft 2 became in the end.

Back