General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I bought a hundred pirated games while in Iraq for the Xbox. Then the modded Xbox died. Sadness.

Been playing Pokemon Scarlet the past week.

Most fun I have had with a Pokemon game in years, since like Gen 7.
The transition to an open world model was handled really well, Pokemon actually are place naturally in the envirorment and you can find them do ambient stuff like finding Donphan (Elephant pokemon that coil into a tire) riding down a slope to race each other, a Mudsdale (Giant Clydesdale horse) running down the meadow followed by two mudbray (Mudsdale first stage) like a Horse teaching it's young how to run, Sandile (Sand crocodiles) swiming on the sand of a desert with their eyes poking out of the ground and so forth. Sometimes it's relaxing just to let the game run while out on the field, the cities are also pretty big and detailed (altho most of the houses are just for show on this game), the freeform progression is also really fun. The graphics have been ragged on a lot but the game can look pretty good often, specially with the rain and lighting effects, all character models are very detailed and high poly as well, and the music like usual is great.

For people like me who play competitive there are also a bunch of QoL improvement to make setting up teams less tedious.

It's such a massive jump in scale and ambition from the previous game that it feels like they skipped ahead a couple of games.

Unfortunately the gaes they skipped could've helped them with the most glaring problem with the games.
The game does have performance issues, bizarrely more marked on the introductory area which of course is gonna leave a very marked first impression. Pop in on the field is ok, and most areas have solid performance but when on the big scity or some more enclosed spaces where the spawns are more clustered together the performance starts to tank real bad and the pop in gets more noticeable. There are also bugs with the UI on stuff like the Tera raids, it really does feel like the game needed a few mor months in the oven but because of the Pokemon cycle they simply had to release it because the franchise has too many moving parts. Which is a shame. I have seen people reporting bugs but most of what I have seen comes from Co-op mode (and some stuff reported as "bugs" is just people messing around with co-op to have funny superpositions), now I can only speak for myself but I only experienced very minor bugs, mostly like I mentioned on the Tera Raids some of the UI bugging out a bit, nothing major.

6.5-7/10 because of the technical problems. If they had been ironed out this would easily be the best Pokemon games ever, but they can't be ignored and because the more notorious drops in performance happen right at the begining it would be understandable for them to completely turn off someone from the entire game.

I'm playing all kinds of nostalgic games right now. Just installed Syberia and Machinarium ports for Android. Both not free but not very expensive.

After having left Okami unfinished I decided to play the sequel/gaiden Okamiden again on the 3DS.

While in some ways it is a really nice follow up to the original game, you can really see in more ways that one that the game was somewhat of a downgrade of Okami, and tried too much to repeat its predecessor instead of being more its own thing.
Some parts really feel like a fan fic.

Been playing Pokemon Scarlet the past week.

Most fun I have had with a Pokemon game in years, since like Gen 7.
The transition to an open world model was handled really well, Pokemon actually are place naturally in the envirorment and you can find them do ambient stuff like finding Donphan (Elephant pokemon that coil into a tire) riding down a slope to race each other, a Mudsdale (Giant Clydesdale horse) running down the meadow followed by two mudbray (Mudsdale first stage) like a Horse teaching it's young how to run, Sandile (Sand crocodiles) swiming on the sand of a desert with their eyes poking out of the ground and so forth. Sometimes it's relaxing just to let the game run while out on the field, the cities are also pretty big and detailed (altho most of the houses are just for show on this game), the freeform progression is also really fun. The graphics have been ragged on a lot but the game can look pretty good often, specially with the rain and lighting effects, all character models are very detailed and high poly as well, and the music like usual is great.

For people like me who play competitive there are also a bunch of QoL improvement to make setting up teams less tedious.

It's such a massive jump in scale and ambition from the previous game that it feels like they skipped ahead a couple of games.

Unfortunately the gaes they skipped could've helped them with the most glaring problem with the games.
The game does have performance issues, bizarrely more marked on the introductory area which of course is gonna leave a very marked first impression. Pop in on the field is ok, and most areas have solid performance but when on the big scity or some more enclosed spaces where the spawns are more clustered together the performance starts to tank real bad and the pop in gets more noticeable. There are also bugs with the UI on stuff like the Tera raids, it really does feel like the game needed a few mor months in the oven but because of the Pokemon cycle they simply had to release it because the franchise has too many moving parts. Which is a shame. I have seen people reporting bugs but most of what I have seen comes from Co-op mode (and some stuff reported as "bugs" is just people messing around with co-op to have funny superpositions), now I can only speak for myself but I only experienced very minor bugs, mostly like I mentioned on the Tera Raids some of the UI bugging out a bit, nothing major.

6.5-7/10 because of the technical problems. If they had been ironed out this would easily be the best Pokemon games ever, but they can't be ignored and because the more notorious drops in performance happen right at the begining it would be understandable for them to completely turn off someone from the entire game.
Nintendo consoles are the worst performing in the business - the post.

Nah, there are better looking games on the Switch that run much better than Scarlet and Violet.

Yeah Scarlet and Violet are simply poorly optimized. No other way around it. I like the game and all but they definetly needed some more time to fix that.

Nah, there are better looking games on the Switch that run much better than Scarlet and Violet.
Sure, but all of those games would run better on any other system. Nintendo makes good games that barely run on their hardware so they can pinch change.

Tactics Ogre Reborn is overpriced so do not buy it yet. Plus the emu has mods.

Sure, but all of those games would run better on any other system.
Of course, but it doesn't change the fact that Scarlet and Violet were poorly optimized, so it's much less the Switch itself and more Gamefreak not doing a great job (or just not having the time to do it).

Tactics Ogre Reborn is overpriced so do not buy it yet.
I bought it on Ebay for cheaper than normal price.

Of course, but it doesn't change the fact that Scarlet and Violet were poorly optimized, so it's much less the Switch itself and more Gamefreak not doing a great job (or just not having the time to do it).

I bought it on Ebay for cheaper than normal price.
I just want a Zelda game that is not held back. Breath of the Wild deserves more but only hackers can do it.

20221202234229_1.jpg

@eissa rip :(

More in what way?

Mods and a better system to play their games on.

Got to the second or third chapter of Callisto Protocol. It sucks dick. I also just wasted a bunch of money on Dead by Daylight. Hopefully it's atleast fun. No way it's as bad as Callisto.

Got to the second or third chapter of Callisto Protocol. It sucks dick. I also just wasted a bunch of money on Dead by Daylight. Hopefully it's atleast fun. No way it's as bad as Callisto.
Dude I told you to ask me before you buy games.

There's scientific evidence of a correlation between video games and homosexuality. Beastiality too. All sorts of sexual perversions stem from games, especially from the Japanese variety.

There's scientific evidence of a correlation between video games and homosexuality. Beastiality too. All sorts of sexual perversions stem from games, especially from the Japanese variety.

Yeah, complete durty feckers. Poke a man ? WTF is that all about. The little doe eyed cartoony Jap girls turning grown men into feedo piles.
Ban them and ban them now. The next earthquake to hit Japan is only 16 years away. Then it's sayo fucking narra for those perverts.

Back